Search found 3118 matches
Studies have shown that false accusations in rape cases are similar to other crimes. Your anecdotes don't change the overall stats. Being falsely accused of any crime would suck definitely, but your focus on false rape claims over concern over false robbery claims or whatever is a bit suspect.
Taurwen wrote:Silver fish and spiders get a pass. Beetles I generally don't worry about. Haven't had anything bigger to deal with in years (apartment on the 13th floor doesn't lend itself to vermin I guess.)
Whoa whoa whoa. Silverfish?? Why? They're the worst. Do they have some redeeming value I don't know about?
- Wed Jun 21, 19:37 2017
- Forum: New Members
- Topic: I want to be Mechanical Engineer and.....
- Replies: 7
- Views: 185
There are mechanical engineers who do exactly the kind of stuff you're talking about. You might want to look into the different subfields.
- Sun Jun 18, 6:35 2017
- Forum: Mixed Media
- Topic: what's the last movie you saw?
- Replies: 244
- Views: 78242
* ******* SPOILERS ******* I could've gone without the 3 references to the size of Steve's (Chris Pine's) penis. Like ok, we get it, you're sort of "side kicky" in this movie to a really powerful woman. I feel like male-dominated Hollywood just couldn't help the...
The first time I ever took a bus was back in the 80s when I was twelve and running away from home. Before that, I'd led a weirdly insular life, so even though I knew the general protocol, I was flustered by the details (exact change, putting the money in the thingee instead of giving it to the driv...
- Thu Jun 15, 15:26 2017
- Forum: Random
- Topic: What does your ideal bedroom look like?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 154
I just painted my bedroom a cozy green, it's fairly bright kind of like spring? Wood items are light or white. I'm going to hang art. I guess I like a bedroom with personality? My last bedroom was white and I kind of hated that. Also lots of storage. I have way too many clothes. ..my cramped corner ...
- Mon Jun 12, 6:43 2017
- Forum: Polls
- Topic: What is the optimal amount of art to have in your home?
- Replies: 13
- Views: 393
I have more art than fits on my walls. I need a tardis-house. /\ This I paint, I frame pictures, I have little ceramic things, I have funkos, I love every surface to have an item that brings me happiness. I could probably decorate two houses with the stuff I have. My husband's more minimalist then ...
... usually followed up with "how are you?" or "how was your weekend?". Office small talk is hardcore. Whaaa..??? No -- too much. Is there no balance in the world? Good morning is all I want and need. I work with a bunch of geeks, so there are no awkward silences... all silence ...
* What did Jenny die of in Forrest Gump? Not going to lie I had to google that one haha :) yeah my little annoyance is really simple, when people just don't say thank you anymore. Regardless of the action if I've taken time out to do something for you at least be thankful of said effort ? Even a si...
- Wed May 24, 6:39 2017
- Forum: Random
- Topic: Do you want the corner piece with all the frosting?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 280
Oh my god no. Frosting is the worst.
- Sat May 20, 18:09 2017
- Forum: Random
- Topic: What's your favorite national anthem?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 296
To be honest I know maybe three. The Canadian one, the American one (because it's inescapable), and the EU one (seriously? Ode to joy? Who chose that?). I like mine best, because patriotism.
Public spitting. Why?? Just swallow it?? Or if you must find a bathroom toilet, garbage can, or Kleenex to spit into? Just saw a dude spit into some grass like a meter away from where some people were sitting. This is why we can't have nice things.