Depression

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

StarsInUrEye

Depression

Postby StarsInUrEye » Mon Mar 6, 23:27 2017

Growing old with someone who doesn't want to be with you is hard. I suffer from depression and have long accepted that I can't expect happiness to come from anyone else but myself. It's a struggle. The father of my child and I do things as a family with my daughter but are not together. We are not on each other social media groups and haven't been a couple in years. I'm still struggling on self confidence and have chosen not to date and just work on myself and let things happen at there own pace. But lately at 35 I am gaining more weight, getting grey and feeling old. I'm happy for my friends who praise their supportive husbands. Talking about how they love them regardless of their post baby belly's and such. I don't have that. Especially on the days I notice him starring at young girls. When we were together it honestly didn't brother me as much. But now he won't love me regardless. He doesn't want to be with me regardless. This isn't about a person not wanting to be with me. Its about me not wanting to be with myself, by myself still. Age and time hasn't made it any easier. Drs and pills haven't either. I'm still waiting to fall in love with myself :/

rowan

Re: Depression

Postby rowan » Tue Mar 7, 9:39 2017

*hugs*

Depression is hard.

*hugs*
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Nachos

Postby Nachos » Fri Mar 10, 8:34 2017

Oh darling, depression is the worst. I am so sorry. All I can offer is support from afar as this is something I am also struggling to learn for myself. One thing I have found helps is singing in a choir. Any choir, any singing ability. Doing something social and musical really helps me lift my mood for a small while every week.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Fri Mar 10, 8:40 2017

It's a struggle.

*hugs*

Return to “Ranting”