Spacefem.com

Radioshack here sucks

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderators: kelsa, Bork

Radioshack here sucks

Postby Storage and Disposal » Wed Mar 14, 11:41 2012

I wanted to buy a camera and they had the best deal when it came to quality and price. I tell them I want it and they start grabbing the display one. Really? Can you at least lower the price because I'm not paying this much for a used one? "No, this is the lowest price we can sell this item, but this one has never been used." Oh. Suuuure, it hasn't. Fine, I'll take your word for it.

I went out to eat after I left the store and inspected the camera there. There's finger prints on the lens and a number of pictures and videos taken from inside the store. I decided to take it back and they're shocked I'm doing this. Big surprise! They said they can order me a new one (thanks for not suggesting this in the first place when I asked for a new one) from another store, but it'll take a couple of days. They said they'd call me when it came in. Of course, they didn't.

So I finally get ahold of the new camera. It has the attachments already attached, there's no batteries, and once again the lens is coated with finger prints. It shows more signs of use than the display camera.

I'm going to try to get my money back today. I'll let you know how smoothly that goes.
Dr. Mung-Mung wrote:He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world.
Storage and Disposal
You address omnipotence, tread carefully

Re: Radioshack here sucks

Postby Bork » Wed Mar 14, 12:27 2012

That's crap! If something isn't coming in the box, you should definitely get a discount. Terrible customer service, have you written a letter to corporate complaining?
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:
Bork
Resident Punctuation Vigilante
Resident Punctuation Vigilante

Postby LunchBox » Wed Mar 14, 12:47 2012

That's really horrible. Please do call corporate.

Buy your camera online instead. Screw radio shack.
LunchBox
established
established

Postby Storage and Disposal » Wed Mar 14, 13:35 2012

LunchBox wrote:That's really horrible. Please do call corporate.

Buy your camera online instead. Screw radio shack.

I got my money back today and am washing my hands of the matter.

I wanted to get it online, but my bank sucks in that respect. See, it's a great bank without the hidden charges of your typical US Bank or Wells Fargo, BUT they give you a 200 dollar daily limit for debit cards. They say that it's there to protect you should someone ever steal your card.

I have a big problem with this, because it's not really daily. It's however long something is holding in your account through your card, which could be a few days. The bank is already only open 5 days a week and only does shit when they're open, so that's pretty close to a 200 dollar weekly limit. I can't buy much at all online. Unfortunately, this is an honest bank and about a block and a half away from my house, so I'm not switching any time soon.
Dr. Mung-Mung wrote:He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world.
Storage and Disposal

Postby great girl wonder » Wed Mar 14, 13:58 2012

Can you get a credit card through your bank? If you have the accounts linked it shouldn't be too hard to pay off the credit card after each larger purchase and avoid paying interest.

Also Radioshack sucks balls. Everytime I've gone in there I've felt like I was shopping in the back of a van in a dark alley.
It is a far better thing to love than to be loved; to adore than be adored. -David Turrill, An Apology for Autumn
monk wrote:so what you're saying is that great girl wonder beat the pants off you?
great girl wonder
Someday you'll meet the real me
Someday you'll meet the real me

Postby monk » Wed Mar 14, 14:12 2012

Storage and Disposal wrote:I wanted to get it online, but my bank sucks in that respect. See, it's a great bank without the hidden charges of your typical US Bank or Wells Fargo, BUT they give you a 200 dollar daily limit for debit cards. They say that it's there to protect you should someone ever steal your card.

I have a big problem with this, because it's not really daily. It's however long something is holding in your account through your card, which could be a few days. The bank is already only open 5 days a week and only does shit when they're open, so that's pretty close to a 200 dollar weekly limit. I can't buy much at all online. Unfortunately, this is an honest bank and about a block and a half away from my house, so I'm not switching any time soon.

My bank does the same thing (but with $300) and I found out that if I want to purchase an item online that costs more I can call them and get a one day temporary extension on the limit for whatever big purchase I need to do.

Have you tried calling them?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.
monk
try to ignore it if I offend you.

Postby Storage and Disposal » Wed Mar 14, 14:21 2012

I talked to them a couple of times and may have had it raised to 300. With my amazing communication skills, I don't even know. I'll talk to them again soon.
Storage and Disposal

Postby LunchBox » Wed Mar 14, 14:48 2012

Your bank sounds lame. I had a whole paragraph about how great my bank is compared to yours typed out but then I realized it was a shameless promotion that I didn't need to be giving.

Hope you get it sorted out soon with your manly skills of persuasion!
LunchBox
established
established

Postby Storage and Disposal » Wed Mar 14, 14:52 2012

Haha, nope. It's still 200. I made sure that I changed it this time, though I didn't speak directly to the person that does it. I'll probably have to ask them about it a week from now.
Storage and Disposal

Postby cwbyrvr » Wed Mar 14, 15:05 2012

In my experience, Radioshack has just gotten really sucky in general. I honestly forgot they were even still around. :\

Glad you were able to get your money back.
spacefem wrote:incidently, hearing "i love you" doesn't count if you're naked. it's just too easy to love a naked person.

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:My armpits are the only area of my body that almost always stays clean-shaven, because if I let it go I feel like a 15-year-old boy trying to grow a beard. In my armpits.
cwbyrvr
Phil
Phil

Postby monk » Wed Mar 14, 22:01 2012

by the way, I'm sorry your Radio Shack sucks, but Radio Shack will always have a soft spot in my heart because of when I was 8 or 9 and I had my "one free battery per visit" card and the countless times that I needed a weird electrical/phone/adapter thingy and even if the sales guy was unhelpful with enough time I almost always found what I needed so boo on the local idiots but yay for the corporate inventory dude.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.
monk

Postby Rainbow Dolphins » Thu Mar 15, 1:38 2012

^Yeah, radio shack USED to kick ass, but now they just sell cell phones basically and they seriously blow.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!
Rainbow Dolphins
freakish chainsaw girl
freakish chainsaw girl

Postby rowan » Thu Mar 15, 9:38 2012

^Yeah pretty much. Makes me sad how much they suck now.

No credit unions around you? Mine kicks ass but I think they're only local to here.
Global warming is intricately tied to the decline in the pirate population. As the pirate population goes down, the average global temperature goes up. Ergo, pirates are cool, and we need more pirates. :pirate: ARRR!
rowan
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Postby Storage and Disposal » Thu Mar 15, 9:40 2012

Mine is a local credit union.
Storage and Disposal

Return to Ranting