Ouch

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

Bork

Ouch

Postby Bork » Sat Apr 16, 20:54 2016

I fucking ate it at the gym today. Completely wiped out trying to do box jumps - 30 DAMN SECONDS INTO MY WORKOUT. IN A CLASS. WITH OTHER PEOPLE. And if that wasn't bad enough, my fall was broken by my shins hitting the metal frame of the box I was jumping on and by my knee smashing into the concrete floor of the gym. Fucking ow. I couldn't move my knee at first, it hurt so badly. The instructor kept trying to ask me questions about where and how it hurt, and it just hurt so much all over. I couldn't bend my knee, couldn't rotate it, couldn't put any weight on it for a good few minutes. Knee quit hurting for a bit, but the shins kept bugging me for the rest of class. And then my knee started bugging me again after a few hours, even though I iced it, and my shins are still throbbing. FFS I am so mad at myself.

Please regale me with similar tales of agony and woe. I think it's the only thing that will soothe my aching bones.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Sonic#

Re: Ouch

Postby Sonic# » Sun Apr 17, 7:32 2016

At bowling several weeks ago, I threw the ball and immediately collapsed to my side.

If you've ever seen bowling shoes, their soles are very flat and designed for sliding. However, if you get even a bit of moisture on those soles, they'll stick hard. I went from an easy slide while swinging a 15 lb. ball to having all of that momentum act on my upper body. I didn't have time to get my balance, so I fell to my side. I didn't have time to brace myself, so I fell without breaking the fall. I bumped my elbow pretty hard. Slowly I get up and make sure my elbow and knee aren't too messed up.

And of course I have one of the biggest hardasses on my team. I started walking back, and she immediately pointed out why it was my fault, "You didn't change your shoes when you went to the bathroom, did you?"

Thanks a bunch!

Nerd1987

Postby Nerd1987 » Sun Apr 17, 13:07 2016

My friend had an identical bicycle as mine but it didn't occur to me that his breaks might be more sensitive. I was going pretty quick, tapped the breaks and flipped over the handles and landed on my head. It hurt real sharply for an hour and I was pretty grumpy for that time. When it first happened I was stumbling around feeling like I was going to pass out. Pretty awesome. It's much "cooler" when you flip and land on your feet, or maybe don't flip at all?

Rainbow Dolphins

Postby Rainbow Dolphins » Sun Apr 17, 22:11 2016

I had to deliver these box lunches to the daycare center during the college I work for's christmas party. So, it was a frigid December evening, I was occupied with making dinner and I FORGOT to deliver them. So I went running out to the truck, didn't have my gloves, didn't even have time to grab my coat, it is like -14 degrees F outside. I have drank too much coffee this day and am in a panic. I get them loaded and drive over there, unload them by myself, I am SURE I am going to drop them off the truck, sandwiches everywhere, because it's so cold I can't feel my hands. I get them off the truck without incident, however, and I have to wheel this big metal frozen thing down the ramp. I get them in the door, drop them with the lady and turn around to leave, because I am supposed to be back making dinner. I am so close to a full-on panic attack and my hands hurt so bad that I am not looking at where I am going, I am looking to see if I have frostbite on my hands. There was a big concrete bench right outside the door. I hit that thing practically at a run and fell OVER it, like my shins took most of it and I just about did a flip over the fucking thing, got it in the ribs from the other side of the bench. I had to sit in the truck and cry for a minute before I could drive back it hurt so bad. I had a bump on my shin for a couple weeks, and two months later that spot still hurt if I pressed on it.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!

monk

Postby monk » Mon Apr 18, 4:42 2016

I am not going to tell you of my pain, I'm going to quietly laugh at yours while trying to forget mine. Love you.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.

Sonic# wrote:If these opinions don't matter to you at all, then you are unfit for conversation

spacefem

Postby spacefem » Mon Apr 18, 5:27 2016

shins are evil! human design flaw. mine are scarred up from a combination of track and field accidents, my tendency to fall up stairs, and my preference for sturdy coffee tables.
bork can eat steak with a spoon.

Eravial

Postby Eravial » Mon Apr 18, 8:26 2016

There was that decade in my life where I purposefully hurtled myself at approximately 30mph at a bunch of metal barrels, with the upper corners of the barrels perfectly placed at shin height while on horseback. My shins no longer feel pain and are still a bit lumpy in places.

I miss it dearly.
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with possibility

rowan

Postby rowan » Mon Apr 18, 9:28 2016

when I was pregnant I managed to sprain my ankle really awful just by standing up from a chair. Seriously. I was just standing up, and somehow twisted my ankle so bad, I fell to the ground. I then had to crawl to the phone, it hurt so bad I was crying and call my husband and say come and get me I think I broke myself.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

monk

Postby monk » Mon Apr 18, 11:50 2016

Eravial wrote:There was that decade in my life where I purposefully hurtled myself at approximately 30mph at a bunch of metal barrels, with the upper corners of the barrels perfectly placed at shin height while on horseback. My shins no longer feel pain and are still a bit lumpy in places.

I miss it dearly.

Really!?! My sister did barrel racing for awhile, she never hurt her shins as far as I know, the only time she got hurt riding was when the horse (as horses do) decided it was done being rode and threw her ass off to the dirt. Admittedly some of those times the horse spooked (because of a bee or maybe nothing) so it wasn't the horses fault. Good times.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.

Sonic# wrote:If these opinions don't matter to you at all, then you are unfit for conversation

melsbells

Postby melsbells » Mon Apr 18, 15:10 2016

I was skipping with my hands in my pockets (sober, no one seems to believe that part) when I tripped and broke my elbow. I had to drop out of an orchestra with a concert coming up (they couldn't find a replacement melodic percussionist...), could no longer work (luckily they wanted me back after I healed), and learned to write with my other hand so I could take a written exam.

monk

Postby monk » Mon Apr 18, 17:21 2016

melsbells wrote:I was skipping with my hands in my pockets (sober, no one seems to believe that part)

I don't believe it either. :P
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 21, 6:51 2016

Ok so I didn't have one for this but now I do.

This morning I was putting my feet into my boots while kinda half walking towards the wall to lean on to zip them up and somehow got my big toe nail caught on the inside of my boot and stepped down hard. It hurt so much I checked for bleeding and felt like crying. Now an hour later it's still hurting. I have no idea how I did that.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Bork

Postby Bork » Thu Apr 21, 22:15 2016

Now my elbow hurts because I walked into/turned into my office door. Like, I was standing there talking to my office mate, turned and took half a step into our office and there was the door. Colliding with my elbow.

Sometimes I genuinely wonder how I've managed to make it this far in life.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Fri Apr 22, 5:41 2016

When I was in college, I was on summer break & back home. I went jogging, intentend to go two miles. Fate had other plans. As I turned I a corner early in the route, the tip of my toe caught he sidewalk, causing me to go flying. I had a couple of scrapes on my hand. My knees were another story. They must have hit the sidewalk hard because I had two large wounds on my knees (about 2 or 2.5 inches in diameter). I limped home & took a shower & cleaned the wounds as best I could. The worst part is they were on the knees so I couldn't walk very well, no adhesive bandage would stick, & I couldn't wear long pants to keep as little cloth from scraping against the wounds.

Nachos

Postby Nachos » Wed Apr 27, 19:38 2016

So I was fine until three days ago, but can now regale you with tales of woe.

I was sleeping when the doorbell went (probably the postperson who just wants to be let into the apartment complex and buzzes everyone, super annoying), jumped up, my legs were still asleep and were numb so I swung them over the edge of the bed and stood up, managed to not have my foot properly on the floor and ended up on the floor in a ball wondering how I had managed to twist my ankle.

Such a fail.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Wed Apr 27, 20:22 2016

I hit my head a lot on things. Chandeliers, open cabinet doors, wall protrusions, tree branches.

The other day I hit my head on the edge of the driver's side opening in my car. I immediately sat down and rubbed my head for a couple of minutes to make the aching go away.

Let's just say I really relate to Gandalf here:

ladyhawk

Postby ladyhawk » Thu Apr 28, 5:52 2016

I tripped leaving the dining hall at my school. The floor mat in front of the door was flipped in one corner, and I didn't realize it. So, I tripped on it, and fell face first into the glass door. While I was falling, the back of my pants pulled down, and took my undies with them. So, I simultaneously smashed my face into a glass door, scraped my knee, and accidentally mooned 200 other students at the same time.

I didn't go to school for the rest of the week, and thankfully my school is big enough that no one really knew who I was, so it was never brought up when I went back to classes.
Come, Maurice. What's a simple bite on the buttocks among friends? Here -- give me a nibble!

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Thu Apr 28, 8:19 2016

ladyhawk wrote:I tripped leaving the dining hall at my school. The floor mat in front of the door was flipped in one corner, and I didn't realize it. So, I tripped on it, and fell face first into the glass door. While I was falling, the back of my pants pulled down, and took my undies with them. So, I simultaneously smashed my face into a glass door, scraped my knee, and accidentally mooned 200 other students at the same time.

I didn't go to school for the rest of the week, and thankfully my school is big enough that no one really knew who I was, so it was never brought up when I went back to classes.

When I was at University for my undergrad, I was walking down some stairs leading away from my dorm & toward a dining hall. I tripped & barely managed to avoid a fave plant as I hit the ground. I wasn't hurt physically, but I saw a tour group off in the distance heading toward the dining hall. Not nearly as bad as your situation but enough to make me wonder who saw it.

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Thu Apr 28, 19:57 2016

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:
ladyhawk wrote:I tripped leaving the dining hall at my school. The floor mat in front of the door was flipped in one corner, and I didn't realize it. So, I tripped on it, and fell face first into the glass door. While I was falling, the back of my pants pulled down, and took my undies with them. So, I simultaneously smashed my face into a glass door, scraped my knee, and accidentally mooned 200 other students at the same time.

When I was at University for my undergrad, I was walking down some stairs leading away from my dorm & toward a dining hall. I tripped & barely managed to avoid a fave plant as I hit the ground. I wasn't hurt physically, but I saw a tour group off in the distance heading toward the dining hall. Not nearly as bad as your situation but enough to make me wonder who saw it.

Wow ladyhawk that sucks!

This reminds me of this one time in university when I was hurrying to a class I was late for and tripped and fell dramatically up some outdoor stairs landing with my white bag in a mud puddle at the feet of a group of smokers.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

ladyhawk

Postby ladyhawk » Thu Apr 28, 21:13 2016

It's kind of funny now, but it was SUPER humiliating at the time.
Come, Maurice. What's a simple bite on the buttocks among friends? Here -- give me a nibble!

monk

Postby monk » Thu Apr 28, 21:41 2016

I remember at University have a long mid day break between classes. I picked a spot in one building to study with a view out the window of people entering/exiting the building. In the winter the slanted sidewalk would be iced over, and the foot traffic would melt the ice just enough to make it super slick. I sat there to watch people fall down. The record was 5 in one sitting.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rainbow Dolphins

Postby Rainbow Dolphins » Tue May 3, 0:40 2016

Wow, I think you win.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!

rowan

Postby rowan » Tue May 3, 11:43 2016

Yeah, I can't imagine how to top that (and I'm pretty sure I don't want to try lol)

Last night I went to get out of the airplane and I don't even know what happened but I totally fell out of the plane and banged/scraped my knee all up. I mean... like, it's not like I don't know you have to step down onto the little step or did I just miss it and ....wtf I don't even know. There's a big bruise and a scrape there now.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

ladyhawk

Postby ladyhawk » Wed May 4, 11:38 2016

I wish that hurting/embarrassing myself happened to be an isolatrd incident.

It's not.

At least it entertains people.

octarineoboe

Postby octarineoboe » Wed May 4, 12:25 2016

I just ran a cart over my toe.

Return to “Ranting”