damnit Marvel...

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

MFS

damnit Marvel...

Postby MFS » Mon Oct 24, 19:33 2016

A-Force is cancelled due to "poor sales" despite critical acclaim. Fuck you, I expect more out of the modern company that Marvel has been trying to become.

Has the Netflix series for Jessica Jones not taught you anything? Has the demand for a Black Widow solo movie not given you a hint?

You had something really cool happening with A-Force. Don't waste that.
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie

Nech

Re: damnit Marvel...

Postby Nech » Tue Oct 25, 10:29 2016

I wonder if it's one of those things where everybody praises it, but no one actually buys it things. I've seen a few series fall to that. I've been out of the comic loop too long though, this looked great and it would of definitely been on my pull list. :(
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Tue Oct 25, 12:02 2016

Um...I never heard of it until now.

Rainbow Dolphins

Postby Rainbow Dolphins » Tue Oct 25, 18:06 2016

Yeah seriously why doesn't Black Widow have her own movie? They made a movie about ANT MAN but not Black Widow?

I also had not heard of this before this thread.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!

Nech

Postby Nech » Tue Oct 25, 22:46 2016

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:Yeah seriously why doesn't Black Widow have her own movie? They made a movie about ANT MAN but not Black Widow

She's never been a super main stream character until semi-recently to be fair. Like she's been there, but not a great hero/largely unknown (maybe because she's so good at being a spy? :D ). Ant-Man however was a founding member of the Avengers and it was actually kind of odd he was left out for so long.
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

MFS

Postby MFS » Thu Oct 27, 18:07 2016

A-Force was selling really well at the shop I get my comics from. The owner was surprised it is cancelled. The last page of A-Force 10 encourages readers to write to mheroes@marvel.com to tell them what A-Force means to you and why you want to see more of it.

This was one of the few non-stupid things to come out of last year's fairly stupid Secret Wars.
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie

Aum

Postby Aum » Thu Oct 27, 18:21 2016

Never heard of A-Force.

Black Widow is boring, she has no real powers. Just like the Arrow. I don't want to see a movie about either of them.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Thu Oct 27, 20:42 2016

^ I have to disagree about Black Widow. For me, not having interesting superpowers doesn't make one boring. That would make Iron Man, Captain America, and several other Marvel heroes boring, but I still like their stories and films. The common person augmented by enhanced training, super serum, or technology is a valid super origin story, and I don't like that Black Widow and Hawkeye get short shrift for stories that could be as interesting as others.

My consistent read lately has been Scarlet Witch, but I really liked what I saw of A-Force. It felt kickass and feminist.

Storage and Disposal

Postby Storage and Disposal » Fri Oct 28, 3:43 2016

Nech wrote:
Rainbow Dolphins wrote:Yeah seriously why doesn't Black Widow have her own movie? They made a movie about ANT MAN but not Black Widow

She's never been a super main stream character until semi-recently to be fair. Like she's been there, but not a great hero/largely unknown (maybe because she's so good at being a spy? :D ). Ant-Man however was a founding member of the Avengers and it was actually kind of odd he was left out for so long.

I don't know. I only casually read comics, but I didn't notice many people giving a shit about Ant-Man before news of his movie came about. Always felt like a less interesting Atom to me. She's more relevant than he is in the movies regardless.
"He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world." - Dr. Mungmung

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Fri Oct 28, 5:33 2016

Storage and Disposal wrote:
Nech wrote:

I don't know. I only casually read comics, but I didn't notice many people giving a shit about Ant-Man before news of his movie came about. Always felt like a less interesting Atom to me. She's more relevant than he is in the movies regardless.

To be fair, Ant-Man had been in developmwnt long before the Marvel MCU came into existence, with Edgar Wright working on it since 2003. I guess they finally figured how to fit him into the MCU & his movie finally completed.

Of course this still does little to justify Black Widow not having a solo movie. Because if they can figure out one for Ant-man, they can do the same for BW. Especially since in most if not all current adaptation of the Avengers origin stories, she is also a founding member.

Nachos

Postby Nachos » Tue Nov 15, 6:34 2016

Black Widow totally has a solo movie, :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_5KgpN38hM

One of those times SNL really gets it.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Return to “Ranting”