mi introducción

Say hello and shake our hands

Moderators: Nachos, cwbyrvr

rinn

mi introducción

Postby rinn » Fri Dec 2, 11:52 2016

Your username, nicknames, how to pronounce it: rinn! uh, just how it's spelled
Occupation/Potential Occupation: my current occupation is test technician, although my trade is electronic technician. my potential occupation right now is an engineer of some sort, probably electrical engineer.
Educational Status: a bachelor's in fine art, an associate's in computer electronics engineering technology, and hopefully another bachelor's in electrical engineering...
Notable Hobbies: reading webcomics, drawing, petting my kitten Nyra, and philosophizing with other people.
Favorite Website/Blog: any decent webcomic url I guess?
Favorite color: don't really have *one* favorite color. but I guess orange.
Favorite animal: ergh I don't have a favorite... ok, maybe a tie between a guinea pig and an alpaca.
Favorite food: cookies and pancakes, not necessarily together.
If you are wearing pants, please describe them: nope, I refuse!
What brought you to spacefem/how'd you find us? I was looking for an online quiz about what type of engineer I should be, and yours was the first on the list. I came here for advice on becoming an engineer I guess, or what type of skill sets are needed to become an engineer. not sure if I have what it takes to be one...
Did you find the FAQ link? yup.

feel free to ask me questions and whatnot!

rowan

Re: mi introducción

Postby rowan » Fri Dec 2, 12:30 2016

Well you came to the right place to find out about being engineers, especially EE. ;) I can't answer those but spacefem can. (I can answer things about physics/astronomy tho, & others have other skill sets).

What webcomics do you read? I could use some more that update on Tues/Thurs. Thursday is especially light reading.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

rinn

Postby rinn » Fri Dec 2, 13:19 2016

cool cool!

one webcomic that comes to mind that updates mon/thurs is Wilde Life. It involves the supernatural, folklore, and Oklahoma/southern stuff.

Another webcomic you could try that updates tues/thurs is Namesake. Grimm's Fairy Tales and magic twisted in reality I guess? Definitely much better than the Once Upon a Time TV series.

I read too many webcomics to name all the ones I like, but those two are favs of mine.

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Fri Dec 2, 14:47 2016

Welcome to the board rinn! To your aspirations of being an engineer, I help a lot of engineers with writing their job materials, and it sounds like you have more job experience and more specific reasons about "why EE?" than most of them. That's great.

Do you do chocolate chip pancakes? Pancookies? Cookcakes? No, here's a better question: you have all the time in the world to make some pancakes, and you're really going for the kind of pancakes that feed your soul. How do you make them? (I love pancakes! Personally, I'd go for pancakes with blueberry batter, maple syrup, and some heavy whipping cream (whipped) rather than butter.)

rowan

Postby rowan » Fri Dec 2, 16:15 2016

OH man, lemon ricotta pancakes. Or these really great nutmeg/cinnamon rice pancakes. Mmmm pancakes.

I've heard of Namesake and had forgotten about it! Will add and check out the other one too. Sweet.

octarineoboe

Postby octarineoboe » Sat Dec 3, 8:41 2016

Hi rinn!

Sonic and Rowan are making me hungry ...as I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to make for breakfast in someone else's kitchen. (We're dog sitting for my partner's mom.) I had just about settled on an omelet but now I want pancakes. I don't think I have pancake ingredients here. :(

rinn

Postby rinn » Sat Dec 3, 21:50 2016

Sonic# wrote:it sounds like you have more job experience and more specific reasons about "why EE?" than most of them. That's great.

You saying that lifts my spirits up a little bit, thanks. =]

Sonic# wrote:Do you do chocolate chip pancakes? Pancookies? Cookcakes? No, here's a better question: you have all the time in the world to make some pancakes, and you're really going for the kind of pancakes that feed your soul. How do you make them?

I really really love chocolate chip pancakes. I'd prefer whipped cream over maple syrup though, depending on the type of pancake. It's gotta be the real syrup, not the kind that has high fructose corn syrup in it. I like pumpkin pancakes, blueberry pancakes, and the typical pancake too. I once tried making applesauce pancakes, and they came out really good. If I were to make pancakes at my house I'd go with Hungry Jack pancake mix, or get a recipe online if I wasn't too lazy.

rowan wrote:OH man, lemon ricotta pancakes. Or these really great nutmeg/cinnamon rice pancakes.

These sound really good too, though I've never had them. Lemon mereigne(sp?) pie is one of my favorites too, assuming they taste kinda similar.

@octarineoboe: it's always a bit tricky making food when you're at somebody else's house. I have a friend who makes the best cheese omelets ever...

rowan

Postby rowan » Mon Dec 5, 10:22 2016

These are the ones I make: http://heavytable.com/damn-good-food-by ... ann-bauer/

(scroll down to find the hotcakes)

Nachos

Postby Nachos » Tue Dec 6, 6:58 2016

Hi there rinn, welcome to the spacefem forums!

Discussing your favourite animal, have you heard about capybara's? I think they would be your perfect mix between a guinea pig and an alpaca :)
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

rinn

Postby rinn » Tue Dec 6, 7:32 2016

awesome! thanks rowan, and thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Nachos wrote:Discussing your favourite animal, have you heard about capybara's? I think they would be your perfect mix between a guinea pig and an alpaca :)

I have heard of them... was reminded of them actually from somebody else's welcome here, haha! But I forgot they were related to guinea pigs! Gonna have to meet one, if I ever go to South America...

DarkOne

Postby DarkOne » Tue Dec 6, 20:53 2016

Welcome! I confer you +2 pts for using the acute accent mark in your subject line. Also, I have no authority whatsoever to confer points. :D
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Nachos

Postby Nachos » Wed Dec 7, 14:01 2016

rinn wrote:awesome! thanks rowan, and thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Nachos wrote:Discussing your favourite animal, have you heard about capybara's? I think they would be your perfect mix between a guinea pig and an alpaca :)

I have heard of them... was reminded of them actually from somebody else's welcome here, haha! But I forgot they were related to guinea pigs! Gonna have to meet one, if I ever go to South America...

I saw one once in a zoo on the Isle of Wight and was taken aback. They're so big! And contentedly munching away on vegetation. I was in awe. Just look at this cutie :)

Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

rinn

Postby rinn » Thu Dec 8, 16:09 2016

dawwww :heart: :heart: :heart:

rowan

Postby rowan » Fri Dec 9, 11:13 2016

BTW love your avatar :D

melsbells

Postby melsbells » Fri Dec 9, 15:34 2016

When you make cookies and pancakes, are they most likely circle-ish?

Edit: Also, welcome.

Return to “New Members”