Hi I'm Lexie

Say hello and shake our hands

Moderators: Nachos, cwbyrvr

lexiewalt

Hi I'm Lexie

Postby lexiewalt » Wed Dec 7, 6:40 2016

Your username, nicknames, how to pronounce it: My real name is Alexandra, so I'm known as Lexie ("LexieWalt" on here)
Occupation/Potential Occupation: college in Carlisle, UK.
Educational Status: hoping to get a degree in Art and be some sort of artist!
Notable Hobbies: driving (have driven trucks offroad), writing, equality.
Favorite Website/Blog: serious - "WorldPulse"; fun - friends' blogs
Favorite color: red (wine!)
Favorite animal: cat
Favorite food: who cares about food when you can have drink???
If you are wearing pants, please describe them: my "pants" are actually jeans - stone coloured
What brought you to spacefem/how'd you find us? googled feminist sites looking for better than Reddit etc which only use feminism as a footnote and let men on it.
Did you find the FAQ link? Not yet but will
extras: differences? I love wearing long skirts, I like clutch bags, reggae and ska music
most valued essentials? Mini car, toilet paper, condoms.
most valued non-essential? My Emile Hirsch sweatshirt
committed to? girls' rights at school and college and trying to increase female toilets by 200% across the world and making having to wait for one illegal !

Nachos

Re: Hi I'm Lexie

Postby Nachos » Wed Dec 7, 14:03 2016

Hi Lexie! Welcome to the spacefem forums. And well done you for reading the Sticky!

I like red wine too. Mmmmmm.

How would you propose to make waiting illegal?
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Wed Dec 7, 14:19 2016

Welcome Lexie! As someone who has almost always driven trucks "offroad" in the sense of "accidentally off the road," but who has driven ATVs on dirt roads or woods in the past, what led you to offroad driving?

rowan

Postby rowan » Wed Dec 7, 19:54 2016

Welcome! :) wine is good though right now I have nog.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

kitkatkar

Postby kitkatkar » Wed Dec 7, 22:47 2016

Hi Lexie! Nice to meet you :) What's your favorite art? And have you created any art pieces?

lexiewalt

Postby lexiewalt » Thu Dec 8, 8:51 2016

Nachos wrote:Hi Lexie! Welcome to the spacefem forums. And well done you for reading the Sticky!

By making sure there are always more stalls than needed. (Everywhere should be forced to work out how many stalls they need, then add 2 on for breakages and loss of tp, then add another 1 for extra use when needed.) If we ever have to wait we should be able to sue (more money for longer waits!).
And another thing! I don't know about US trains, but UK trains' toilets can be awful - what we need is the Canadian system: 2 toilets in each car - 1 for women, 1 for women and men.

lexiewalt

Postby lexiewalt » Thu Dec 8, 8:56 2016

Sonic# wrote:Welcome Lexie! As someone who has almost always driven trucks "offroad" in the sense of "accidentally off the road," but who has driven ATVs on dirt roads or woods in the past, what led you to offroad driving?

Hi Sonic, well a friend and I at school wanted to prove we could drive as well/better than boys, who went on about dirttrack driving, so we joined a group - loads of boys and just us. At first we were really worried (closing the doors on monster trucks is bad enough, moving the stick into reverse is horrible) but then we practised and practised and ended up coming 2nd and 5th in an offroad rally of 16 people!!

lexiewalt

Postby lexiewalt » Thu Dec 8, 8:58 2016

kitkatkar wrote:Hi Lexie! Nice to meet you :) What's your favorite art? And have you created any art pieces?

I like collages, but otherwise just yer basic painting. I've been nominated for an award at the college I attend for "overall work".

Galen

Postby Galen » Thu Dec 8, 10:03 2016

Hi Lexie! I'm new here, too, so it feels a little odd to say "welcome," but ... welcome!

What kinds of writing do you like to do?

rowan

Postby rowan » Thu Dec 8, 14:20 2016

Hey cool trick, if you go to the "full editor and preview" you can highlight and quote more than one person in your posts. :) Then you don't need to make a whole bunch of short posts. :) Also the cool smilies are there. :moose: :vlos:

rinn

Postby rinn » Thu Dec 8, 16:14 2016

hi lexie! I am also quite new here, hehe. Cool to see another artist on here...and I'm totally on board with your toilet stall idea :P

lexiewalt

Postby lexiewalt » Sat Dec 10, 8:05 2016

rinn wrote:hi lexie! I am also quite new here, hehe. Cool to see another artist on here...and I'm totally on board with your toilet stall idea :P

What do you paint/make?

Yeh the toilet stalls thing has been a peeve since I was at a convention with my brother once and he went for a pee and was back in 60 seconds - I then went and was gone TWENTY minutes!

lexiewalt

Postby lexiewalt » Sat Dec 10, 8:07 2016

Sonic# wrote:Welcome Lexie! As someone who has almost always driven trucks "offroad" in the sense of "accidentally off the road," but who has driven ATVs on dirt roads or woods in the past, what led you to offroad driving?

Sorry Sonic I'm thick and still don't "get" the group reply thing - I checked "full editor and preview" but it seems to do the same as using the " marks. Sorrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lexiewalt

Postby lexiewalt » Sat Dec 10, 8:10 2016

Galen wrote:Hi Lexie! I'm new here, too, so it feels a little odd to say "welcome," but ... welcome!

What kinds of writing do you like to do?

At the moment I am writing for a proposed feminist website. But I'm also editing one of my housemate's notes on"Female Poms Crossing Oz" (Brits crossing Australia). She, her sister and a friend travelled in an old (but def roadworthy) stick-shift VW van amd had a few "adventures". Do you write? L.x

Galen

Postby Galen » Sat Dec 10, 9:41 2016

lexiewalt wrote:At the moment I am writing for a proposed feminist website. But I'm also editing one of my housemate's notes on"Female Poms Crossing Oz" (Brits crossing Australia). She, her sister and a friend travelled in an old (but def roadworthy) stick-shift VW van amd had a few "adventures". Do you write? L.x

Yay for old VW vans! I spent the better part of the first ten years of my life traveling back and forth across the country in an old VW bus with my mother. Nothing like it!

I do write. Like, constantly. Like, there are things I do every day: I breathe; I eat; I blink; I write.

Writing for a proposed feminist website sounds interesting. What's the ultimate goal/theme of the site meant to be?

rowan

Postby rowan » Mon Dec 12, 11:00 2016

Hm, maybe I should make a tutorial with screenshots or something on how to do multiple quotes in one post.

lexiewalt

Postby lexiewalt » Tue Dec 13, 9:13 2016

Galen wrote:
lexiewalt wrote:At the moment I am writing for a proposed feminist website. But I'm also editing one of my housemate's notes on"Female Poms Crossing Oz" (Brits crossing Australia). She, her sister and a friend travelled in an old (but def roadworthy) stick-shift VW van amd had a few "adventures". Do you write? L.x

Yay for old VW vans! I spent the better part of the first ten years of my life traveling back and forth across the country in an old VW bus with my mother. Nothing like it!

I do write. Like, constantly. Like, there are things I do every day: I breathe; I eat; I blink; I write.

Writing for a proposed feminist website sounds interesting. What's the ultimate goal/theme of the site meant to be?

Yes judging from everything Ash (my housemate) says and has written, her Aussie trek in the VW Camper was ace. She and her mate are feminists with GREAT senses of humour. I just wish I had been there!
The van seemed to have a personality of its own - great strength for making it across empty miles and miles of outback land, a tiny fridge that actually kept running in the heat, great manoeuvrability, and a huge gear lever (stick) which made some wonderful whining noises! And they took the p out of a boy who tagged along for a small part of the journey!!

The feminist website - well I'm not running it, just writing, but I think the goal is to let women 'be in touch with their feminism'. I'm the "fun" contributor - I have an upfront crude sense of humour which I better not give you an example of here!
Hope your writing is aiming you towards somethign big too.
Lex x

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Wed Dec 14, 12:25 2016

lexiewalt wrote:
Nachos wrote:Hi Lexie! Welcome to the spacefem forums. And well done you for reading the Sticky!

By making sure there are always more stalls than needed. (Everywhere should be forced to work out how many stalls they need, then add 2 on for breakages and loss of tp, then add another 1 for extra use when needed.) If we ever have to wait we should be able to sue (more money for longer waits!).
And another thing! I don't know about US trains, but UK trains' toilets can be awful - what we need is the Canadian system: 2 toilets in each car - 1 for women, 1 for women and men.

As a Canadian currently sitting on a subway I can say with confidence that there are no toilets on this train. Intercity trains I'm less sure about though. What city/train system are you referring to? I've never heard of anything but a straight equal ratio here. Or they're all unisex.

This rule would create a whole new atmosphere at music festivals lol. Fields of toilets as far as the eye can see! I assume you're talking about bylaws with fine penalties? We do have laws here requiring bathrooms in eating establishments over a certain size which is handy. The bathroom situation in new york was an unpleasant surprise for me.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

lexiewalt

Postby lexiewalt » Fri Dec 16, 8:52 2016

Enigma wrote:
lexiewalt wrote:

As a Canadian currently sitting on a subway I can say with confidence that there are no toilets on this train. Intercity trains I'm less sure about though. What city/train system are you referring to? I've never heard of anything but a straight equal ratio here. Or they're all unisex.

This rule would create a whole new atmosphere at music festivals lol. Fields of toilets as far as the eye can see! I assume you're talking about bylaws with fine penalties? We do have laws here requiring bathrooms in eating establishments over a certain size which is handy. The bathroom situation in new york was an unpleasant surprise for me.

Hmmmm I hadn't really thought about festivals - but equality is more the word here - as long as there are more stalls for the girls than open troughs for the boys. We should NOT have to use those go-girl/shenis/knowshose things. Not in sight of others anyway.
Canadian trains: well I'm going on what my mother and her friend say about 'VIA' trains tween Tornoto, Montreal, Quebec, etc. They say there were always 2 toilets - 1 for women, 1 for women and men, and that therefore at least one of the seats was always down!!! Lex x

Return to “New Members”