hey, it's me and my idea

Say hello and shake our hands

Moderators: Nachos, cwbyrvr

Viktoria Szotski

hey, it's me and my idea

Postby Viktoria Szotski » Sat Feb 18, 3:48 2017

My name is Victoria and I turned 21 few weeks ago. I'm European and English is my second language so forgive me if I butcher it a little. I joined this group because I was looking for a group that would be a space for feminist authors. I think it's good idea since women are discriminated against (for example in movie industry). A place where you can share ideas, maybe find someone you to work with you or help you. Do you think it's needed?

theal

Re: hey, it's me and my idea

Postby theal » Sat Feb 18, 9:42 2017

Welcome to the group. Agree with you about us being discriminated against - and your English is better than most UK and US native speakers!!

Viktoria Szotski

Postby Viktoria Szotski » Sat Feb 18, 17:24 2017

thank you theal <3

rowan

Postby rowan » Mon Feb 20, 9:43 2017

I'm not up on the author world at all but I follow several on twitter. :) Not sure if there are any dedicated feminist author online spaces but I wouldn't be surprised if there were somewhere. You're welcome here though. Posts about creative stuff (including writing) go into the sub-forum Mixed Media.

What kind of things do you tend to write?

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Mon Feb 20, 10:08 2017

I was reading Felicia Day's autobiography, and she describes having an in-person pancake meet where she would talk with other women writers/actors, set goals, and share advice. It seemed to work for her. As rowan said, we don't have a group like that in place here, but I'll certainly read what you have to say and give encouragement within reason. :)

Welcome!

Nachos

Postby Nachos » Wed Feb 22, 15:59 2017

Hi there, welcome to the spacefem forums! I think making a group is a great idea. I am not a writer myself but you can look in our subforum, Mixed Media and even post some of your writings if you want.

What's your favourite colour? Have you read the Guide for New and Returning Members and the FAQ?
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

birdanonymous

Postby birdanonymous » Sat Feb 25, 9:30 2017

Hi what is your first language?

Return to “New Members”