Donald Trump? :(

Say hello and shake our hands

Moderators: Nachos, cwbyrvr

4everFeminist

Donald Trump? :(

Postby 4everFeminist » Sat Feb 18, 7:19 2017

So...ever since Donald Trump has been elected and inaugurated, I've been super worried. I support many things like LGBT rights, feminism, free the nipple and so much more. But with him in, I'm scared that will all go down the drain. Can I please get some words of comfort and reassurance? Thanks.

theal

Re: Donald Trump? :(

Postby theal » Sat Feb 18, 9:40 2017

Well I can send words of comfort regarding my own feelings, which are that there are too many of us supporting the same things as you for him to change them. He MAY try but we have the strength of many, many armies and we'll all fight to retain our rights as women!

rowan

Postby rowan » Sat Feb 18, 9:59 2017

We're all fighting still, it can be exhausting for sure but remember to self care and keep fighting the good fight.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

4everFeminist

Postby 4everFeminist » Sat Feb 18, 13:57 2017

Thanks for the kind words! I will do my best to remember these as I make it through the next four (possibly eight) years. :)

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Sat Feb 18, 14:37 2017

I've been thinking about how small acts of activism can be a part of a self-care regimen. Like, self-care to the point of doing nothing may result in the added angst of feeling like there's nothing to do. At the very least, I've found writing a post card to a representative when I'm feeling particularly down feels alright, and is certainly more feasible for me when I am down than a phone call or some more public, social action.

melsbells

Postby melsbells » Sat Feb 18, 14:41 2017

People in my life who have always been minimally involved in politics are now writing to their representatives, searching out petitions to sign, trying to call but not getting through because the lines are always busy, etc. As terrified as I am about what will happen during this presidency and its extended effects, I am proud to know so many people who are not going to just let it happen.

felipefs

Postby felipefs » Sat Feb 18, 19:23 2017

melsbells wrote:As terrified as I am about what will happen during this presidency and its extended effects, I am proud to know so many people who are not going to just let it happen.

I'm not US citizen, but I get what you mean. We outsiders also worry about his presidency, considering US has a big influence world-wide. And, I have the feeling his mandate won't last. I hope it won't.

feministpal82

Postby feministpal82 » Tue Mar 7, 23:28 2017

As a bigender I am just as worried, if not more. Honestly, we can't see what is ahead but hopefully we will all be okay in the end. When it was his inauguration it felt like going to a funeral. I really hope that he doesn't mess up too bad but it's too hard to tell at the pace at which he is going.
Trump is evil! He must be stopped!!!
Go LGBTQ!!! :gay:
Pence should :lightning: himself.

Medea

Postby Medea » Wed Mar 8, 16:15 2017

I'm also glad to see how many people are protesting, from celebs to human right activists to people who are just angry.

Return to “New Members”