What games are you playing?

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

Sonic#

What games are you playing?

Postby Sonic# » Sat Dec 24, 8:37 2016

I know there are several gamers around, and at least for me winter's a time that I can get back into games I've had to let fall by the wayside. What are you playing or looking forward to playing?

I've been trying to build up another Nethack run playing a Valkyrie. Nethack is one of the only masochistic games that I can stick with, perhaps because it's a turn-based RPG, so it's not like I have to be a god of the controller.

I've also been playing Final Fantasy XV. More on that in another topic.

Finally, in the new year I want to get back to tabletop roleplaying. I'm either going to run Trails of Cthulhu or get one of my friends to run Eberron.

Neko

Re: What games are you playing?

Postby Neko » Sun Dec 25, 15:06 2016

There's only one 3DS in the house so I've been playing Pokemon X when it's up for grabs. The last one I played was White but Sun/Moon inspired SO to buy a 3DS on black Friday.

I still play Stardew Valley but I usually fall asleep in my recliner while doing it. (Not a statement about the game, the chair is comfortable and it puts me to sleep.) So I only manage one or two in-game days of play.

I want to play more TERA but my laptop no longer supports it. Eventually though.

The D&D group is going strong. Everyone has been working overtime so we didn't meet up for over a month. But we all just hit 3rd level on Friday and my sorcerer can finally use metamagic.
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Sun Dec 25, 18:16 2016

I was running a 5e D&D game inspired by Disney (mainly by the fan theory of Frozen, The Little Mermaid, and Tangled), but got busy.

My friend picked up the slack by running a 3.5 game. But now everyone's running away from me (read following careers causing them to relocate).

I have a new idea for a 5e game, but will have to figure something out in terms of getting the gang back together. Maybe trying that Roll20 sure I heard about.

rowan

Postby rowan » Sun Dec 25, 21:46 2016

We're playing Seafall, and I just for us Oregon trail, ticket to ride, and machi kori. Rpgs seem to have stalled again. :/
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Mon Dec 26, 18:25 2016

I just started Force of Nature and it's really good. I'm all for games where fighting isn't the only thing going on and the survivor man like making use of what's at hand is refreshing. Only complaint - I wish it was a little harder to keep your little guy alive. He doesn't actually need to eat or avoid exposure to survive so you only really die if you're aggressively on the offensive.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Misandry_Reborn

Postby Misandry_Reborn » Thu Jan 5, 22:54 2017

FFXV and FFXIV

Call me crazy, but I find JRPGs to be a breath of fresh air.
Give me a world and I will give you the stick.

kitkatkar

Postby kitkatkar » Fri Jan 6, 11:04 2017

The only free game I play is League of Legends.

And I had also played TellTale's The Walking dead series. Minimum effort on my part and more focus on characters and the story. Hehe.

I'm a PC gamer and I'm still uncomfortable using xbox controllers.

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Fri Jan 6, 15:12 2017

I played Reigns. It was a cute little Tinder-based kingdom-ruling game. I enjoyed the weird simplified decision-makng, but wish there were overall more variation, like being a queen sometimes. (That said, I did get to date a bird.)

On the board game front, I got Star Wars: Rebellion and Mysterium for Christmas. I've really enjoyed both. SW: Rebellion has been a good 3-4 hour strategy game I'll hardly have time to play (I converted Luke to the dark side!). Mysterium is hard to describe. It's a cooperative investigation game where the "ghost" tries to get players to pick the right character, location, and item. The mode of communication? Detailed image cards.

It's also fast-paced, run as it is on timers. 42 minutes!

rowan wrote: machi kori.

Oooh, I love this game. My partner usually goes for Convenience Stores; I go for Cheese Factories. I like playing with three or four players, because this usually throws both of our strategies off.

rowan

Postby rowan » Mon Jan 9, 14:34 2017

Ooh I saw Mysterium and thought it looked interesting!

Neko

Postby Neko » Tue Jan 10, 19:30 2017

I'm religiously playing Siralim 2 at the moment. It's a monster breeding, dungeon crawler with HEAPS of details to fine tune. You're a mage of one of five types: Life, Death, Chaos, Sorcery, or Nature. You can have creatures of any of those types that fight and cast spells. Combat is turn-based, up to 6 vs 6 creature battles. I can't really describe it beyond that without getting into too much detail.
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

Galen

Postby Galen » Wed Jan 11, 7:39 2017

Pokemon Go. DON'T JUDGE MEEEE

Eravial

Postby Eravial » Thu Jan 12, 13:33 2017

rowan wrote:We're playing Seafall

YAS! How do you like it? How long has each game typically been taking? I played Pandemic Legacy (same maker) last year and was SO impressed with it. The group I played it with decided not to do Seafall though, since we were playing on our lunch breaks one day a week, and we'd read that each Seafall game took like 2-3 hours.

I'm playing Shadow of the Demon Lord (which I guess is a lot like D&D5e?), which is my first experience with this sort of game. I'm really liking it!

Also, unapologetically, Pokemon Go.
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with possibility

rowan

Postby rowan » Thu Jan 12, 22:36 2017

Yeah definitely 2-3 hours each so far. Liking it tho!

Storage and Disposal

Postby Storage and Disposal » Fri Jan 13, 3:34 2017

RD bought me a backlit SP, so I've been giving that Pokemon thing a shot starting with Leafgreen.

Also need to finish up Persona 3.
"He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world." - Dr. Mungmung

luckypony

Postby luckypony » Thu Jan 19, 14:31 2017

GTA and Doom :rainbowsmile: :chainsaw:

Nachos

Postby Nachos » Tue Feb 7, 1:37 2017

Do mobile games count? In which case Pokemon Go (woohoo!), Flutter, Splash, Dragons of Berk (no judging) and Neko Atsume. Also Candy Crush and Jelly Splash occasionally, mainly because they don't need a net connection.

Also replaying Super Mario on my DS.

I went to a party last weekend and we played some cool games too. One game where we put play-do into grape shapes and moved them around a board where they could get crushed, and one called Geistesblitz where you had to grab objects based on cards pulled. It was fun.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Tue Feb 7, 6:42 2017

Nachos wrote:Do mobile games count? In which case Pokemon Go (woohoo!), Flutter, Splash, Dragons of Berk (no judging) and Neko Atsume. Also Candy Crush and Jelly Splash occasionally, mainly because they don't need a net connection.

Also replaying Super Mario on my DS.

I went to a party last weekend and we played some cool games too. One game where we put play-do into grape shapes and moved them around a board where they could get crushed, and one called Geistesblitz where you had to grab objects based on cards pulled. It was fun.

After getting my Gyarados, I stopped.

Nech

Postby Nech » Tue Feb 7, 7:43 2017

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:After getting my Gyarados, I stopped.

Dragonite and one of the babies are the last ones I need :( I'll probably quit after they finish releasing all the Eevees though, cause I'm kinda a fan, but the gens after the last of the Eevee's is meh to me.
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Tue Feb 7, 8:31 2017

I still play Pokemon Go when I walk between the train station and work.

I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS. As characters level up, I can invest points in one of five specific skills they have, usually four weapons and some personal quality. The hero has courage, Yangus has humanity, Jessica has sex appeal, and Angelo has charisma. I've found myself refusing to dump points in sex appeal, and doing nothing but dumping points in Angelo's charisma.

rowan

Postby rowan » Tue Apr 4, 15:04 2017

Update on Seafall: This is like a love HAAAAAAAAAATE relationship, like 70% of the time enjoying it and then 30% frustrated as all hell and really mad at the game. I'm not sure the spikes of hate are worth the time where it's enjoyable since the rage spike are so high.

Anyway. I'll update again when we're all done. Probably 2/3 of the way through at this point.

Return to “Mixed Media”