what are you reading?

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

lillerina

Re: what are you reading?

Postby lillerina » Fri Jun 16, 11:25 2017

Currently rereading Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb, and loving it. I last read it about 10 years ago, and I'm so relieved to find that it is as good as I remember it being!
If I bang my head against a brick wall five times and get five lumps, why am I surprised when I bang it a sixth time and get a sixth lump?

"Isn't it funny that the only time your race or gender is questioned is when you're not a white man?" - Wanda Sykes

Nachos

Postby Nachos » Sun Jun 18, 17:56 2017

Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Taurwen

Postby Taurwen » Thu Jun 29, 19:01 2017

Just finished Jenny Lawson's Furiously Happy. I didn't like it as much as Let's Pretend The Never Happened, but still I'm glad I picked it up. It did make me more determined to get a therapist, so that's something.

I also finished Peadar O'Guilin's The Call. Which was a really cool premise (Fairies are pulling Teenagers into fairy land where they are chased for a day. If caught the fairies torture and mutilate them. Time passes differently so "the call" lasts 3 minutes and four seconds our time. It's 25 years since it started, so now at 10 kids get sent to survival schools to train, but even so only one in ten survive and many survivers are horribly disfigured, plus PTSD) but since I'm having issues with PPA was probably a really stupid thing to read.

I find myself just wanting fairly light fluff with Dragons. It's surprisingly hard to find something that scratches that itch.

melsbells

Postby melsbells » Fri Jun 30, 1:12 2017

Taurwen

Postby Taurwen » Fri Jun 30, 9:29 2017

Sorry, I meant Post Partum Anxiety.

I like children's book.

Nachos

Postby Nachos » Thu Jul 6, 6:36 2017

Just finished Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes. Damn it was good. But creepy scary. But also odd.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Return to “Mixed Media”