what's the last movie you saw?

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

Unvoiced_Apollo

Re: what's the last movie you saw?

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Thu Dec 29, 12:39 2016

Nech wrote:
Neko wrote:And OF COURSE Alan Tudyk was K-2SO, that precious scamp.

I'm so upset I didn't notice that while watching the movie. It all made so much sense when I found out though.

He was also the chicken in Moana

Nech

Postby Nech » Thu Dec 29, 20:40 2016

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:
Nech wrote:
Neko wrote:And OF COURSE Alan Tudyk was K-2SO, that precious scamp.

I'm so upset I didn't notice that while watching the movie. It all made so much sense when I found out though.

He was also the chicken in Moana

Haven't seen that yet. :(
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

rinn

Postby rinn » Tue Jan 3, 17:49 2017

Rogue One was awesome, IMO better than Force Awakens by plot. :4houses: My only complaint is that it wasn't set in the future like Force Awakens was. even if it was a side plot from Force Awakens, it would have been cool and would have shown more creative initiative. there was a video game based on this exact part of the timeline too, if I remember correctly.

I also saw The Passengers. :2houses: basically one of those that has an interesting concept, but could have been made better. seen once, you've seen it all.

Misandry_Reborn

Postby Misandry_Reborn » Thu Jan 5, 22:59 2017

I think Rogue One was good initially until they had the Jheda stuff. It bogged the movie down drawing out imo what was a boring part of the movie. Outside of that! I thought it was good. :4houses:

Fantastic beasts and where to find them was better in my opinion. It felt magical which was nice. :4houses: imo it made me feel giddy like a child
Give me a world and I will give you the stick.

newlydiscovered

Postby newlydiscovered » Fri Jan 6, 8:02 2017

Tangerine is an excellent film about the friendship of two trans women in street based sex work in LA, it's funny and emotional and raw.

Divines is a beautiful, powerful french film - two girls in a Paris ghetto trying to make money and get out, with some romance, social commentary and explosions thrown in.

Highly recommend both if you're looking to diversify your viewing! :) :)
:pirateflag: Daughter of the fiercest pirate captain in high space, and pirate wench of the SNSDW

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:Newly is Eccentrica Gallumbits, the triple-appled whore of Eroticon 6!

Aum

Postby Aum » Fri Jan 6, 12:11 2017

^^ Loved Tangerine, so hilarious!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Fri Jan 6, 20:39 2017

Hidden Figures - This is a great movie. The actors are all great, the timing of the writing is well balanced to know when to be lighthearted and when to remind the people thos was 1961 VA. I really don't know what else to say other than that. Go see it. That is all. :5houses:

A Monster Calls - All about a kid working through grief. Well acted, emotional. Liam Neeson plays a tree. Go see it. :4houses:.5

rowan

Postby rowan » Mon Jan 9, 14:36 2017

Finally saw Rogue One, which I enjoyed quite a bit but won't be taking kiddo to see :4houses: .5 / :5houses:

And saw Hidden Figures! So excellent. :5houses: :5houses: / :5houses: Science, you ain't really any better now tho, getcher act together.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Tue Jan 17, 7:02 2017

The Little Prince - Finally saw this on Netflix. A little odd (it's French, but it was dubbed), however I still really liked it. I wanted to know what would happen and how the girl would handle certain things. I loved the mix of admission styles. Overall, very good movie. :4houses:

Neko

Postby Neko » Fri Jan 20, 22:16 2017

Sailor Moon R: The Movie got a theatrical release for the new VIZ dub. So I saw it yesterday. The theater was full of SM nerds and it was a great time.
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

Storage and Disposal

Postby Storage and Disposal » Sat Jan 21, 19:31 2017

Rogue One, though I'm not sure how I feel about it. I enjoyed it, but it felt a little shallow or something. I'm thinking :3houses:.5, but I have a feeling that the film will age well. I'll have to watch it again to be sure and I won't be surprised if it jumps to :4houses: or :4houses:.5 after repeat viewing.
"He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world." - Dr. Mungmung

newlydiscovered

Postby newlydiscovered » Sat Jan 21, 21:49 2017

If you want a cry (the good kind), I just saw the film Lion (Dev Patel, Rooney Mara). It's based on the book The Long Way Home by a fellow Tasmanian/friend of a friend of mine who was separated from his family in India and then adopted by a Tasmanian at a young age, who then tries to piece together his past and reconcile his identity. It was so emotional, visually beautiful, but just a little slow moving in places.
:4houses:
:pirateflag: Daughter of the fiercest pirate captain in high space, and pirate wench of the SNSDW

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:Newly is Eccentrica Gallumbits, the triple-appled whore of Eroticon 6!

melsbells

Postby melsbells » Sun Jan 29, 15:11 2017

I just watched Weekend (1967). No stars. This movie was incredible disturbing and I think brilliant. I think mentioning any part of this film would be a spoiler, but also be content warned.
The movie starts and we quickly learn that a couple is planning killing the wife's parents. The wife is planning on leaving her husband for another lover after her parents die and the husband is planning on killing his wife. None of this bothered me, but the scene was interrupted by a near lethal dispute outside over a fender bender and THAT bothered me. But the couple gets into a similar dispute just a bit later and that doesn't bother me because I've already seen it. Then the couple is driving off to commit their murder and there's this scene where we're just stuck in traffic. It's shot in real time and I'm agitated, just like I'm stuck in traffic and waiting to see what the hold up is. I'm trying to divert my frustration by looking at all the interesting things they're passing in their car, much like I would in real life, and in the end they drive past a collison with lots of dead bodies strewn about. I was disturbed by how irritated I was by traffic and shamed that I felt my goal was more important than what ended up being someone else's life. We pass more accidents with people dead and that doesn't bother me because it's already happened. They steal some dead people's clothes because the pants are designer pants =disturbing, but when it happens a second time, doesn't bother me. This goes on and on until the end when what's really distrubing me, is how I'm able to numb myself again and again as the film progresses.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Thu Feb 9, 10:11 2017

Split - Not bad for M Nigbt Shyamalan. No twist but an intrguibg reveal. :3houses:

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Mon Feb 13, 6:45 2017

The Lego Batman Movie - I must be weird because I think The Lego Movie was a better movie but I liked this one more. It's definitely the best theatrically released spoof movie since The Lego Movie, but that's not really hard to do considering all the terrible parodies out there. I definitely think they knew what to make fun of about Batman and how to do it. There's no real payoff like in the Lego Movie, but I laughed a lot more during this than the other. I still recommend it. :3houses:.75

John Wick 2 - Great follow up to the original. The action was really good and I could even follow the scenes in the dark. This movie knows how to use shaky cam and avoid quick cuts. They do a good job of expanding on the lore and worldbuilding without getting lost in it. My only negative is it doesn't have the same emotional thread the first one did, but at least his new dog survived. That, and they still fall into the Hollywood version of silencers. Overall, I highly recommend it. :4houses:.

Neko

Postby Neko » Mon Feb 13, 18:22 2017

Amazon Women on the Moon was fun. Late 80s sketches, big hair, loch ness monster as Jack the Ripper, etc. Most notably:

Grier's delivery get me every time.
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

Return to “Mixed Media”