Spacefem.com

What are your favorite movies?

Tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

What are your favorite movies?

Postby spacefem » Tue Nov 27, 22:07 2007

Definitely all the Lord of the Rings movies. After that, anything with Jackie Chan. And I like foreign films, artsy films, independents, all that trendy stuff. I strongly dislike romantic comedies, poorly-done sci-fi (unless it's MST3000 material), and gratuitous violence.
spacefem
queen of everything
queen of everything

Postby Isis » Wed Nov 28, 0:03 2007

Lord of the Rings, Constantine, Running Scared, Saw, O Brother Where Art Thou, Finding Neverland, Chocolat, RENT, Batman Begins, Ocean's Eleven, Best in Show, Save the Last Dance, The Royal Tenenbaums, Transformers, Emma's Gifts, 14 Up, Underworld 1 & 2, Snatch, Lord of War, Pulp Fiction.
helium wrote:I bet when they do it you can hear the "click click" from their bones hitting against each other... >.>

Mordak wrote:there are som any randoms in my house
and VEGEMITE!
Isis
Wiewdie
Wiewdie

Postby lillerina » Wed Nov 28, 1:28 2007

RENT,Serenity, Lord of the Rings, Moulin Rouge, Requiem for a Dream, Van Helsing, Priscilla Queen of the desert, Chicago, Pirates of the Caribbean (but only the first one), The Corpse Bride, V for Vendetta, A dogs breakfast.

I like intelligent films that make me think. Then I like musicals. Then I like films that make me laugh without trying. I like independent films and films with subtitles but I rarely have time to watch any films and indies can be so hit and miss.
If I bang my head against a brick wall five times and get five lumps, why am I surprised when I bang it a sixth time and get a sixth lump?

"Isn't it funny that the only time your race or gender is questioned is when you're not a white man?" - Wanda Sykes
lillerina
We are the internet. We are one.
We are the internet. We are one.

Postby Fuzzbucket » Wed Nov 28, 3:04 2007

Oh, geez. Where to start.

Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean 1/2/3, The Matrix, Van Helsing, Dodgeball, Bend it Like Beckham, My Fair Lady (YAY ZEPH FOR LIKING IT), Rat Race, The Incredibles, Cars, Shrek (1), Anchorman, and any Monty Python movies.
"I've seen rainbows that could take your breath away, the beauty of the setting sun that ends a perfect day, and when it comes to shooting stars? I've seen a few, but I've never seen anything as beautiful as you."
-"Beautiful" - Jim Brickman ft. Wayne Brady
Fuzzbucket
It's a voice that whispers my name...
It's a voice that whispers my name...

Postby crystalized_time » Wed Nov 28, 15:31 2007

I <3 Huckabees, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Ghost World, Requiem For A Dream, Donnie Darko, Pi, Garden State, What Dreams May Come, Amelie, Fern Gulley, American Beauty, Girl Interupted, The Mothman Prophecies, The Science of Sleep, Waking Life, The Craft, Being John Malkovich, The Butterfly Effect, K-Pax, Queen of the Damned, Alice in Wonderland, A Scanner Darkly, Princess Mononoke, Frida.

I generally like strange/psychological/philisophical/artsy/colorful type films (and Animes!). My friends have dubbed such movies "Cherissa Movies".

Animes that I like: Serial Experiments Lain, Death Note, Paranoia Agent, Welcome to the NHK!, Texhnolyze, Kino's Journey
Last edited by crystalized_time on Wed Nov 28, 15:36 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Chococat wrote:Girl on phone: Mommy, my nose is pierced, I'm marrying a girl, I'm in love with a gay boy, and I'm pregnant. One of these is false. Goodbye.

spacefem wrote:breaking up with your boyfriend is great birth control.
crystalized_time
Futureproof...I Wish I Was
Futureproof...I Wish I Was

Postby Chococat » Wed Nov 28, 15:36 2007

V for Vendetta, Dr. Strangelove, Howl's Moving Castle, Braveheart, The Princess Bride!
Jesus christ, I'm a wizard! Get in the car!
Chococat
got the spirit, lose the feeling
got the spirit, lose the feeling

Postby Obsessive Compulsive Emu » Wed Nov 28, 15:37 2007

I like action-y type movies and a some other random/no genre movies. I really hate romantic comedy.

My favorites:
X-men, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Batman Begins, The Fugitive, Disney movies especially Aladdin and Mulan (ahh, nostalgia), Pan's Labyrinth, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Cats!, and quite a few others.
"I like to think you think about me like I like to think about you
Later I'll be thinking of this moment
And I'm waiting"

Tegan and Sara- One Second
Obsessive Compulsive Emu
everyone fucks up, it's gonna be okay
everyone fucks up, it's gonna be okay

Postby TheMidnightHobo » Wed Nov 28, 20:01 2007

The Producers is definetely one of my favorites. RENT was amazing, I loved the music there as well. Shawn of the Dead was great. Anchorman was hilarious. The Lion King had really great music too. And King of Hearts. I don't know exactly what it is about it that make me like it though; I just do.
TheMidnightHobo
Purple Puppy
Purple Puppy

Postby MFS » Wed Nov 28, 22:19 2007

Star Wars, LotR, Grand Canyon, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, The Three Amigos, PotC (first one, mainly), most of the Pixar flix, Holy Grail, James Bond flix, and really, the HP films, The Goonies.

It's really hard to watch half of those now that we have kids.
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie
MFS
ubiquitous
ubiquitous

Postby Veggie » Wed Nov 28, 22:51 2007

Almost Famous, The Emperor's New Groove, Saved!, Ten Things I Hate About You, Across the Universe, Anchorman, The X-Men Trilogy, The Fountain, The Breakfast Club, and a ton more.
Eighteen.Balding.Star.
Veggie
Hiphopopotamus
Hiphopopotamus

Postby newlydiscovered » Thu Nov 29, 6:16 2007

Amelie, Clerks, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Die Hard (all of them), Dogma, Donnie Darko, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Hot Fuzz, House of Flying Daggers, Human Traffic, Main Hoon Na, Pan’s Labyrinth, Pulp Fiction, Serenity, Sin City, Slither, Snakes on a Plane, Snatch, Ten Things I Hate About You, The Fifth Element
:pirateflag: Daughter of the fiercest pirate captain in high space, and pirate wench of the SNSDW

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:Newly is Eccentrica Gallumbits, the triple-appled whore of Eroticon 6!
newlydiscovered
Happy Little Vegemite
Happy Little Vegemite

Postby Narcotic Sunshine » Thu Nov 29, 13:53 2007

Mean Girls, Edward Scissorhands, Pirates of the Caribbean (all three!), Oh Brother Where Art Thou, House of Flying Daggers, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, most Disney movies (I'm a kid at heart), Super Troopers, Merlin, Titanic, Scary movies, anything with Johnny Depp in it.
Sometimes life sucks and when it does, just say "Fuck you life!" and then wait for life to get over itself. While you wait, smile. That pisses life off.

I'm the one for you cuz I know all the dirty things you'd like to do.
Narcotic Sunshine
Haver of Pants
Haver of Pants

Postby LaPanda » Thu Nov 29, 15:18 2007

Shakespeare in Love, P.S. I Love You, Snatch, Rent, Across the Universe, most Disney movies, I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Music and Lyrics, all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, King Arthur, Phantom of the Opera, the LotR movies, the Harry Potter movies, The Notebook, A Knight's Tale, Kingdom of Heaven, Diarios de Motocicleta, Todo Sobre mi Madre, Volver, Goodbye Lenin, The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Shrek movies, Bride and Prejudice, The Italian Job, and nearly all Ben Stiller movies.
Last edited by LaPanda on Sun Apr 6, 22:11 2008, edited 1 time in total.
I want to put myself absolutely at your mercy for good or evil without any condition, without any limit to your power. -- Leopold von Sacher-Masoch
LaPanda
I think I'll throw myself away
I think I'll throw myself away

Postby SparklyStar » Thu Nov 29, 15:34 2007

This can really change depending on my mood, but I'm going to go with:
Miracle, Cinderella Man, It's a Wonderful Life, The Departed, Little Women, and Lord of the Rings
Bayushi Neko wrote:I LOVE HOCKEY.

Sweaty guys with big sticks slamming each other into walls...
Quite erotic.
SparklyStar
Badass
Badass

Postby Spike » Thu Nov 29, 16:00 2007

Last edited by Spike on Fri Jun 14, 18:52 2013, edited 3 times in total.
Spike
comp-sci stoner
comp-sci stoner

Postby k7fcb » Thu Nov 29, 18:38 2007

I love movies that make you think, like mindfuck movies, but also movies that are simply pleasant, foreign films, and rather silly films too. to name a few -

aguirre wrath of god, pride & prejudice, l'auberge espagnole, fight club, the godfather, un long dimanche de fiançailles, attack the gas station, waking life, apocalypse now, gone with the wind, knocked up, pulp fiction, battle royale, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, 300 (yeah!), the graduate, and Life On Earth (Narrated by David Attenborough).
Pour que tout soit consommé, pour que je me sente moins seul, il me restait à souhaiter qu'il y ait beaucoup de spectateurs le jour de mon exécution et qu'ils m'accueillent avec des cris de haine.
k7fcb

Postby Tastaria » Fri Nov 30, 22:44 2007

Far too many favorites to list. Older Disney films (think Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs), Kubrick films, foreign stuff and a few blockbusters (think The Mummy here, and NOT Pirates of the Caribbean). Lord of the Rings of course, as well as anything else with Sean Bean in it.

I am silent film junkie and I could not live without The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Nosferatu, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Unknown. Today's acting talent can't hold a candle to Lon Chaney Sr.
Last edited by Tastaria on Mon Jun 9, 7:36 2008, edited 2 times in total.
Pavi steals all of the hearts!
Tastaria
Not quite right
Not quite right

Postby monk » Fri Nov 30, 23:30 2007

I like every film thats been named here more than once, and also these which I didn't see named at all

Fargo, Five Easy Pieces, Full Metal Jacket, Deliverance**, Reservoir Dogs, The Blues Brothers**, The Shining, Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure, True Romance**, The Mexican, Fight Club, The Usual Suspects**, The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Goodfellas, The Silence of the Lambs, Seven,

and I could go on but I would start to resemble this but I double ** the ones I think should be watched by everybody/anybody.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.
monk
try to ignore it if I offend you.
try to ignore it if I offend you.

Postby letthemimejive » Mon Dec 3, 0:20 2007

I like movies.
letthemimejive
established
established

Postby FernGully » Mon Dec 3, 15:39 2007

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Gladiator, LotR, Harry Potters, Curious George, the Secret of Nimh, Aladdin, Ghostbusters. I also generally like any movie where people fight and it looks awesome, and I appreciate dry cool wit.
:fern:

Support Ferno-Raavynism! Down with oppressive Draakism!
FernGully
Gnome Overlord
Gnome Overlord

Postby Eravial » Thu Dec 6, 15:54 2007

Lord of the Rings!, The Prestige, Little Miss Sunshine, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Fight Club, Moulin Rouge, Mulan, Gladiator, Forrest Gump, Pan's Labyrinth, Schindler's List, Babel, The Cider House Rules, RENT, Boys Don't Cry, Pulp Fiction, Brokeback Mountain, Holes, Pink Floyd - The Wall, The Matrix, PotC

I like movies :)
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with possibility
Eravial
1780 Spaceship
1780 Spaceship

Postby Rinoa » Thu Dec 6, 16:42 2007

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is my favoritest movie EVAR...

...but I like Garden State too.
Stay hungry, stay humble.
http://www.twitter.com/malibumariii
:diamond: resident spacefem.com hairstylist! :diamond:
Rinoa
Well fuck me sideways!
Well fuck me sideways!

Postby The MoUsY spell-checker » Fri Dec 7, 0:41 2007

Let's see... anything with rats and mice. The Mouse Hunt, Ratatouille, The Rats, Stuart Little... Did I miss any? Oh, I like "Flubber" and "Bridge to Terabithia" too.
:mouse: ~The MoUsY spell-checker~ :cheese:
:heart: Love me, love my bicycle. :bike:
The MoUsY spell-checker
I'm gonna squeak, you're gonna listen
I'm gonna squeak, you're gonna listen

Postby No I'm Not » Sun Dec 9, 20:49 2007

Movies I will watch over and over:
The Princess Bride, French Kiss, Soap Dish, Robin Hood Men In Tights, Serenity, LOTR, Narnia, The Matrix, Moulin Rouge, POTC, anything with Jackie Chan, anything with Jerry Lewis, The Breakfast Club

Movies I loved but will only very reluctantly watch again:
House of Flying Daggers, V for Vendetta, The Notebook, My Fair Lady, Dead Poet's Society, Monty Python, Garden State, Little Women, The Prestige, The Island, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Run Lola Run

I <3 Huckabees was awesomely weird. I think I might watch it again. I have a massive list of movies I wanna watch (and books and plays I want to read).
Zeph wrote:That's how the dinosaurs went extinct, you know. They never covered their boobies.

:australia:
No I'm Not
Wait, let me get my camera!
Wait, let me get my camera!

Postby trombonekatie » Mon Dec 10, 5:19 2007

Pulp Fiction. I can recite Samuel L. Jackson's Ezekiel 25:17 speech word for word on demand.

...The Royal Tenenbaums, Harold and Maude, The Graduate, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Almost Famous, Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, The Science of Sleep, Clerks, Citizen Kane, The Shining, Juno, The Edukators, American Psycho, Pi, Dawn of the Dead (1978)

And Amelie, because I want to ride on the back of some cute french guy's scooter to a Yann Tiersen soundtrack after having phenomenal sex.
Last edited by trombonekatie on Sun Jul 27, 2:05 2008, edited 2 times in total.
"The more I read, and the more I acquire, the more certain I am that I know nothing." - Voltaire
trombonekatie
habitual truant
habitual truant

Next

Return to Spacial Profiling