Spacefem.com

Light on the stove

Math, science, physics, computers, engineering, and everything else that turns us on.

Moderators: rowan, Sonic#

Light on the stove

Postby Bork » Sun Oct 18, 15:39 2009

This might be better off in advice, but the light that says that one of the burners on the stove is staying on all the time, even when everything is off and totally cool. This happened a few months ago, and then it randomly went off after a few days. Is this something to worry about? Does it mean that something is wrong with the stove, or is it okay to not be concerned? I think it's been on for about a week now. Should I just wait for it to go off on its own, or should I think about calling someone about it?
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:
Bork
Resident Punctuation Vigilante

Re: Light on the stove

Postby helium » Sun Oct 18, 16:03 2009

Dude, I have no idea if it's bad or not, but our stove is doing the same thing! It's got this red light that's supposed to be on when the burner's on but for the last few weeks it's stayed on constantly.

Coincidence? I think not!
those like you who lost their way,
murdered on the interstate
while the red bells rang like thunder

:spork: :bomb: BMMhuhwha?
"No, I can't see, fuck-mook! I have no eyes!"
helium
I solve my problems with violence
I solve my problems with violence

Postby Dragonrider » Sun Oct 18, 20:13 2009

It's not a coincidence. I had sex with both of you (unbeknownst to the other, of course) on your respective stoves -- it simply took that long for your stoves to stop registering 'hotness' on its surface. ;)
Dragonrider
:pirateflag: Captain of the SNSDW
Signature Info
Elanna wrote:I read that about ten times, I though you were calling me a cowgirl. You know, do it, cowgirl.

spacefem wrote:storage has armpit fleas.
Dragonrider
Peewarce Von Goonmonkey
Peewarce Von Goonmonkey

Postby deanimal » Sun Oct 18, 21:32 2009

Dragonrider wrote:It's not a coincidence. I had sex with both of you (unbeknownst to the other, of course) on your respective stoves -- it simply took that long for your stoves to stop registering 'hotness' on its surface. ;)

:speachless:
helium wrote:I went outside and suddenly there was no more gravity and my vagina could fly.
Sonic# wrote:Then the singularity happens. Then we meet God and fly into the sun. Then we save the whales.
deanimal
Feed Me, Seymour!
Feed Me, Seymour!

Postby Bork » Sun Oct 18, 21:47 2009

Dragonrider wrote:It's not a coincidence. I had sex with both of you (unbeknownst to the other, of course) on your respective stoves -- it simply took that long for your stoves to stop registering 'hotness' on its surface. ;)

Ohhhhh okay, that makes sense!
Bork

Postby Rainbow Dolphins » Tue Oct 20, 15:22 2009

I think as long as for sure the burners are all actually off, and they are all in proper working order, you probably don't need to worry about it. Just make extra sure you always turn the stove off, 'cause now you won't have that little light to remind you when you've left it on (maybe you're better about this than I am, but I know I accidentally leave the stove on on a fairly regular basis).
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!
Rainbow Dolphins
freakish chainsaw girl
freakish chainsaw girl

Postby ALucidThought » Thu Oct 22, 2:24 2009

I work with electronics, such as household appliances and radios. Most likely what you have there is simple wiring issues. When you turn the stove off, it breaks the circuit to the light bulb as well. The circuit to the bulb doesn't get broken, so there you are. Don't worry too much about it if the stove is off. If not, then worry.
If it were gas, get someone out there ASAP, obviously.
ALucidThought
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Bork » Thu Oct 22, 20:51 2009

ALucidThought wrote:I work with electronics, such as household appliances and radios. Most likely what you have there is simple wiring issues. When you turn the stove off, it breaks the circuit to the light bulb as well. The circuit to the bulb doesn't get broken, so there you are. Don't worry too much about it if the stove is off. If not, then worry.
If it were gas, get someone out there ASAP, obviously.

Oh good! It went off, but that's pretty reassuring. I was really concerned that it was kind of like the engine light on the car and indicated that my oven was going to break soon.
Bork

Return to Science & Technology