Getting a movie in .avi format to play in a DVD player

Math, science, physics, computers, engineering, and everything else that turns us on.

Moderators: rowan, Sonic#

Pyro Chick
contributor
contributor

Getting a movie in .avi format to play in a DVD player

Postby Pyro Chick » Sat Nov 14, 23:32 2009

Hey guys
I recently downloaded a bunch of movies through torrents (shh, don't tell) and I really want to watch them on my DVD player at school. The movies are .avi format. Is there a free and generally simple way I can burn these onto a DVD so that they'll play on an extremely standard DVD player? (it doesn't have any fancy features, and I'm pretty sure it can't play divx)

Thanks a lottttt
Also, if there's another type of torrent I can download that I wouldn't have to convert, let me know. Next time I'll cut out the middle man and just download those.
:fire: :pineapple:

Axiomatic
contributor
contributor

Re: Getting a movie in .avi format to play in a DVD player

Postby Axiomatic » Sun Jan 31, 15:09 2010

You want to burn them as a "Video CD". I'm not sure how exactly that's done, but I figure that if you have a good enough cd burning program, such as Nero or whatnot, it ought to have that option, or some sort of AVI to Video CD converter. I am certain that you want to google the phrase "Video CD", though.
"Delicious, delicious, delicious!" Wile E Coyote cried. "My Delicious! O my Delicious!"
And with that, even as his eyes were lifted up to gloat on his prize,
he stepped too far, toppled, wavered for a moment on the brink,
and then with a shriek he fell.
Out of the depths came his last wail Delicious, and he was gone.

Return to “Science & Technology”