Spacefem.com

Windows 7

Math, science, physics, computers, engineering, and everything else that turns us on.

Moderators: rowan, Sonic#

Re: Windows 7

Postby lizpoona » Wed Feb 10, 23:01 2010

Went to look at new laptops today and ALL of them had 7, except for a couple of crappy cheap netbooks. I've only heard good things about it every time I ask people, and it looks pretty overall. I'm just not used to it. It's too different at the superficial level of looks. I remember when XP came out and I thought it was gorgeous, and I was only slightly impressed by how Vista looked... but 7 just annoys me. It's less... tactile, almost. I especially can't stand the way the new Start menu is. I like the start menu that tabs outward like XP and 98, I hate how the menu stays inside the first box. Yech. I also reeeeally hate how MS Word and all the Office stuff is laid out. It's kinda like they were trying to make it fool proof and ended up just insulting everyone's intelligence while rearranging the layout people have been used to for a decade. oh well.

I'd totally get used to it, though. Those are no big deal as long as the system itself works fine, or better than XP. or Vista.

Oh, I do like the transparent bars. Those are nifty.
Resident almost-but-not-admittedly Trekkie

MFS: Darwinism is failing

:cross: = my life
lizpoona
Who wants to lick the spoon?
Who wants to lick the spoon?

Postby Neko » Fri Feb 12, 17:35 2010

Just switched over to 7 yesterday.

I like it so far.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t = 1
Neko
TOUCH NOT THE CAT
TOUCH NOT THE CAT

Postby Sorry » Sat Mar 13, 1:10 2010

When I built this fancy new PC I'm on, the copy of Vista came with a free upgrade to Win7... Kind of want to make the jump but don't want to make the time for it :/
It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me
Sorry
established
established

Postby Pyro Chick » Sat Mar 13, 1:17 2010

Oh so I know this topic is dead but I wanted to post to say I installed 7 on my laptop and everything went smoothly! I love it
:fire: :pineapple:
Pyro Chick
Super Spammer
Super Spammer

Postby SakuraSong » Sat Mar 13, 1:36 2010

Pyro Chick wrote:Oh so I know this topic is dead but I wanted to post to say I installed 7 on my laptop and everything went smoothly! I love it

Yes! Well, they did tweak a few things that I absolutely hate (such as saving to My Libraries everytime I want to save a document. No, I have my own separate documents, gtfo), but Windows 7 is just plain awesome.
"Truth is a garrulous, quarrelsome bitch."
SakuraSong
Unroyal Courtesan!
Unroyal Courtesan!

Previous

Return to Science & Technology