Spacefem.com

Livejournal Backup

Math, science, physics, computers, engineering, and everything else that turns us on.

Moderators: rowan, Sonic#

Livejournal Backup

Postby Aum » Sat Mar 27, 18:00 2010

There was a thread posted over a year ago about a program that can be used to backup my livejournal, but I can't seem to find it when I do a search. I used to have the program on my computer but I think I lost it in the last re-format. Can someone help me out?

I think it was spacefem herself who made a post recommending a program.

Feel free to move this to Hell once it's resolved.

Thanks everyone!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.
Aum
Into The Unknown
Into The Unknown

Re: Livejournal Backup

Postby lillerina » Sat Mar 27, 18:12 2010

I don't think this is hell-worthy, but I think it belongs more in Sci and Tech than RW.

Have you tried googling 'back up livejournal'? I got a bunch of options just through searching that phrase.
If I bang my head against a brick wall five times and get five lumps, why am I surprised when I bang it a sixth time and get a sixth lump?

"Isn't it funny that the only time your race or gender is questioned is when you're not a white man?" - Wanda Sykes
lillerina
We are the internet. We are one.
We are the internet. We are one.

Postby Aum » Sat Mar 27, 22:14 2010

Yeah I did that, but I'm looking for the specific program I used before because it was so efficient, easy, and I trust it.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.
Aum
Into The Unknown
Into The Unknown

Postby spacefem » Sun Mar 28, 6:34 2010

I used ljbook.com. There's a rumor that all programs are bad at grabbing your weirdly-filtered entries, like if you use friends groups to filter, so if you've got entries like that spot-check them and tell us how it turns out.
spacefem
queen of everything
queen of everything

Postby Aum » Sun Mar 28, 19:10 2010

Did you personally have problems with ljbook and private entries?

EDIT: Wow spacefem, thanks for the ljbook link. It totally rocks. It copied all my entries and put them into an amazing PDF format. I love it! I will treasure this always!
Aum
Into The Unknown
Into The Unknown

Return to Science & Technology