bringing children up naturist

Moderator: melsbells

Angelica

Re: bringing children up naturist

Postby Angelica » Wed Sep 14, 5:33 2016

Of course I haven't read it, this world is far too repressed to accept such a truth. My soul is from a creation where everything is love, that's how I intuitively know what's wrong with this one.

Pikachu

Postby Pikachu » Wed Sep 14, 6:33 2016

Young siblings have no desire to make love due to reverse sexual imprinting, or Westermarck effect.
That's not repression, it's actually the reverse, siblings get desensitized to each other and to their parents and whoever else is living in close domestic proximity, to such a degree that sexual attraction is non existent.

People should have their top freedom if they want, men and women, but you gotta keep your pants on in public. Simply for the sake of practical hygiene.

The ultimate problem with all this sexual freedom talk is it makes children easier to groom into sex by predatory adults.

Angelica

Postby Angelica » Wed Sep 14, 6:48 2016

Wikipedia: "The Westermarck effect, or reverse sexual imprinting, is a hypothetical psychological effect..."

This tells me everything I need to know about that crock of bullshit.

ladyhawk

Postby ladyhawk » Wed Sep 14, 7:01 2016

So, a hypothetical psychological effect is bullshit, but your intuition is somehow so magical and powerful that your opinion should be taken as fact?

Come, Maurice. What's a simple bite on the buttocks among friends? Here -- give me a nibble!

Pikachu

Postby Pikachu » Wed Sep 14, 7:22 2016

It has to be a hypothesis. This isn't like a maths equation. It's very difficult to prove phenomena that develops over years, and control for confounding variables as we can't take study participants out of society. However by observing that this effect holds true under disparate and different cultures, the effect can be observed that children raised together don't turn sexual on each other. They may expose themselves and be curious about each other's bodies, and I remember being that way with my siblings at one point, but it was always in a non sexual way.

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Wed Sep 14, 12:04 2016

Nudity around children: Yeah ok sure, not my thing but sure.

Having sex in front of your kids:
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Angelica

Postby Angelica » Wed Sep 14, 12:10 2016

Pikachu wrote:the effect can be observed that children raised together don't turn sexual on each other.

Only because they're brought up in a sexually repressive environment.

Enigma wrote:Having sex in front of your kids: [NO]

Why not? It teaches them to express love. The reason why people are so fucked up is because they don't learn how to love as children.

Enigma

Postby Enigma » Wed Sep 14, 12:15 2016

Angelica wrote:
Pikachu wrote:the effect can be observed that children raised together don't turn sexual on each other.

Why not? It teaches them to express love. The reason why people are so fucked up is because they don't learn how to love as children.

Love =/= sex. Teaching love is important. Having sex in front of them does not teach that.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Pikachu

Postby Pikachu » Wed Sep 14, 12:20 2016

Angelica wrote:

Even in remote tribal cultures, the kids don't do each other.

Nachos

Postby Nachos » Thu Sep 15, 15:16 2016

Angelica wrote:

Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

filmmakingally

Postby filmmakingally » Fri Sep 23, 19:18 2016

Angelica wrote:It's about teaching children to make love so that they do it themselves. Love has no age or genetic requirement. It's healthy for young siblings to make love, and it's unhealthy if they don't. Sexual repression of children fucks them up as adults. Because the parents are secretive about it, children get the idea that it's bad, which starts the process of sexual repression.

Gross. Yuck. Eww. I've run out of ways to express how disgusted I am with what you've said here. Ewwwwwww!!!!!!!

No, siblings should not make love. It is in our genetic interest that we don't do this. Ever. This is a cultural universal.

Return to “Pregnancy & Parenting”