Women's self defense

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

Galen

Re: Women's self defense

Postby Galen » Mon Feb 6, 9:39 2017

One of the things my model mugging class taught was getting yourself down on the floor and lying on your side and using one leg to kick with a stomping-like motion, aiming in particular for knees. For many women, the legs are much more powerful than the arms. There was never any talk of grabbing anyone's junk, though.

Chad

Postby Chad » Mon Feb 27, 16:43 2017

Take a taser with high volt. People say its not working but I know people who made good use of it.
~ No hymen no Simon says ~

rowan

Postby rowan » Tue Feb 28, 10:25 2017

That's illegal in some places. Check laws before you do that.

Taurwen

Postby Taurwen » Tue Feb 28, 19:54 2017

Man, I would take myself the first time I was digging through my purse for a token.

Ana

Postby Ana » Sun Mar 12, 13:27 2017

The model mugging class which Galen talks about has the important advantage of overcoming inhibitions, which was also referred in some other posts. Most likely, the victim is not a violent person and will be inhibited of actually hitting the attacker because it is not in her nature to do that.

space_guy

Postby space_guy » Wed Mar 29, 19:40 2017

Kicking testicles seems to be one of the most effective moves, because the leg is longer than the arm and so it takes advantage of the distance. You can kick your attacker before he reaches you and hits you. But as someone said in another comment, it only works sometimes and if you miss you will only make your attacker madder, so women should only do it when they are certain they won't miss. Due to testicles' vulnerability, if the woman hits hard, most likely it is sufficient for the attacker to be defeated and she can run. But to avoid the small chance that he recovers and still catches her, she may also exploit the moment she is in advantage: after she kicks him, most likely he falls to his knees in pain with his hands on his testicles and his head down, vulnerable at her feet's reach. She can immediately kick his face hard, giving him no time to recover and then run.

Tweek

Postby Tweek » Thu Mar 30, 11:36 2017

There is a degree of sexism in this thread... the 'kick him in the testicles' method is unlikely to work if the assailant isn't male!
ARG!!! I NEED COFFEE!!!

Nech

Postby Nech » Thu Mar 30, 16:31 2017

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

rowan

Postby rowan » Fri Mar 31, 9:27 2017

It really does not work half the time. Even if you connect in the right spot. I cannot recommend that as a strategy. Your strategy should be to disable and then run away.

Taurwen

Postby Taurwen » Mon Apr 3, 15:16 2017

Getting kicked in the groin would probably incapacitate me for a few moments. I imagine it'd be just as effective on most women assailants as men. Especially considering all the women I know who have been attacked and kneed/kicked their male attackers said they just laughed it off.

Aum

Postby Aum » Wed Apr 5, 21:36 2017

My sister took a women's self-defense class and they taught her to go for the eyes, the nose, the groin, the belly. I think the eyes are pretty sensitive. Really you do anything you possibly can in those situations.

The other tool is screaming as loud as you can, even if the assailant hasn't touched you yet. If you're trapped you scream, "NOOOOOO!!!!!!" as angry and as loud as you can while lunging at them. Even if you have no strategy this is sometimes enough to alarm them because most creeps choose victims who they think are easy and quiet.

And of course if you can run you just run.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

Return to “Random”