Disney Princess Avengers

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

Unvoiced_Apollo

Disney Princess Avengers

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Sat May 6, 5:23 2017

So apparently a script is being shopped around Hollywood, described as an Avengers-style movie but for fairy tale princesses.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/8 ... airy-tales

So of course I got to thinking, what if Disney got a hold of it and decided to combine it with their Marvel properties? Without further ado...

Due to a villain's actions with the reality infinity stone, the
the villain and Nick Fury finds himself in an alternate reality in which some animals talk and nearly everyone, particularly young, female royalty sing. In order to get back, he must recruit a team of six "princesses". Who will he assemble in...Disney Princess Avengers?

And who would you choose if you were to replace the original 6 from the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Rules: Any Disney Character that has held the title princess in their movie, is part of the Disney Princess franchise (Ex: Mulan), is successor to a leadership position (Ex: Moana, Pocahontas, etc.).
Last edited by Unvoiced_Apollo on Sat May 6, 9:56 2017, edited 2 times in total.

Sonic#

Re: Disney Princess Avengers

Postby Sonic# » Sat May 6, 8:41 2017

Would it be like Kingdom Hearts, where beloved Disney characters and Square-Enix characters coexist in a single universe? That game series has the Princesses of Heart, a group that represents the light against the darkness in the world. At least in the original game, they largely end up being damsels in distress, captured so that the enemy can reveal the "Final Keyhole" to Kingdom Hearts. (That's Freudian AF.)

If I went with that set, it'd be Alice, Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, Cinderella, and Aurora.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Sat May 6, 9:53 2017

Sonic# wrote:Would it be like Kingdom Hearts, where beloved Disney characters and Square-Enix characters coexist in a single universe? That game series has the Princesses of Heart, a group that represents the light against the darkness in the world. At least in the original game, they largely end up being damsels in distress, captured so that the enemy can reveal the "Final Keyhole" to Kingdom Hearts. (That's Freudian AF.)

If I went with that set, it'd be Alice, Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, Cinderella, and Aurora.

Good question. Yes, with the exception of being D.I.D.s and Square Enix characters making an appearance.

[Edit]
My picks stem from trying to find analogs for the team, Iron Man being the toughest. I ended up with

Rapunzel = Cap
Elsa = Thor
Kida = Hulk/Scarlet Witch
Mulan = Black Widow
Merida = Hawkeye
Belle = Iron Man (this is quite a stretch I know)

DarkOne

Postby DarkOne » Mon May 8, 12:05 2017

Hijack ahead: I'm gonna be a grouch and just state for the record that I am annoyed by the whole idea of Disney Princesses. This may have been recently exacerbated by my kid watching a dumb Tinkerbell movie where there was dialog that goes along the lines of:

Girl: "Oh, I thought the seasons were caused by the tilt of the Earth's axis."
Fairy:"Oh, no, silly, the seasons are caused by pixie dust!"

Seriously. Just swapping those lines around would've been pretty cool, but nooo, let's make kids dumber. Ok, end of hijack/rant. Hey, you triggered me. :P
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Mon May 8, 17:58 2017

DarkOne wrote:Hijack ahead: I'm gonna be a grouch and just state for the record that I am annoyed by the whole idea of Disney Princesses. This may have been recently exacerbated by my kid watching a dumb Tinkerbell movie where there was dialog that goes along the lines of:

Girl: "Oh, I thought the seasons were caused by the tilt of the Earth's axis."
Fairy:"Oh, no, silly, the seasons are caused by pixie dust!"

Seriously. Just swapping those lines around would've been pretty cool, but nooo, let's make kids dumber. Ok, end of hijack/rant. Hey, you triggered me. :P

But that's kind of the point of this thread is to have fun with the trope. To imagine some of Disney's most famous female characters team up Avengers style and actually work together to stop evil (and not teach kids stupid stuff). I mean perhaps I should have said "Disney Heroines" but I wanted to keep a theme.

Plus, wouldn't be cool to see Belle in the Iron Man armor while Adam takes the role of Pepper Potts?

Taurwen

Postby Taurwen » Wed May 10, 7:30 2017

Adam would be a horrible Pepper Pots lol
Poor Megera always getting left out. Although I like the idea of her making the choice to live in sin with Herc because she doesn't want to deal with all the princess crap lol

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Wed May 10, 8:52 2017

Just an aside, I'd watch a Disney Princess heist film. I think in many ways that plays better to their strengths without having to radically rewrite their characters: subterfuge, strategic planning, observation, charisma, and execution are all necessary to bring a successful heist about.

Mastermind: Leia
Coordinator: Megara
Backer: Anna
Hacker: Tiana
Gadgeteer: Mulan
Con Artist: Cinderella
Distraction: Snow White
Burglar: Belle
Pickpocket: Jasmine
New Kid: Moana
The Driver: Rapunzel
The Muscle: Meridia
The Acquirer: Ariel

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Wed May 10, 10:38 2017

Sonic# wrote:Just an aside, I'd watch a Disney Princess heist film. I think in many ways that plays better to their strengths without having to radically rewrite their characters: subterfuge, strategic planning, observation, charisma, and execution are all necessary to bring a successful heist about.

Mastermind: Leia
Coordinator: Megara
Backer: Anna
Hacker: Tiana
Gadgeteer: Mulan
Con Artist: Cinderella
Distraction: Snow White
Burglar: Belle
Pickpocket: Jasmine
New Kid: Moana
The Driver: Rapunzel
The Muscle: Meridia
The Acquirer: Ariel

That's less of an aside and more of an improvement. Ok, now I kind of want to pitch this to Disney XD. Question, if you went totally animated in your choices, who would replace Leia and how might it affect your list?

Return to “Random”