What major life experience changed you?

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

spacebot

Postby spacebot » Thu May 18, 2:00 2017

Unvoiced_Apollo

Re: What major life experience changed you?

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Tue May 23, 7:05 2017

My mom telling others I was converting to Mormonism without ever discussing it with me. That was the catalyst that made me question what I really believed and eventually came to terms realizing I didn't believe.

DarkOne

Postby DarkOne » Tue May 23, 7:33 2017

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:My mom telling others I was converting to Mormonism without ever discussing it with me. That was the catalyst that made me question what I really believed and eventually came to terms realizing I didn't believe.

Pardon the nosiness, but how old were you?
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Postby Unvoiced_Apollo » Tue May 23, 8:33 2017

DarkOne wrote:
Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:My mom telling others I was converting to Mormonism without ever discussing it with me. That was the catalyst that made me question what I really believed and eventually came to terms realizing I didn't believe.

Pardon the nosiness, but how old were you?

Probably about 12 or 13.

DarkOne

Postby DarkOne » Tue May 23, 9:56 2017

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:Probably about 12 or 13.

Yeah, by that age you question stuff around you more than you blindly believe.

For me, I'd say having kids. Changed my plans, my goals, my priorities. Forced me to adjust my temperament, gave me a new filters through which to observe my surroundings and new ways to process information. It has definitely made me more flexible and more sympathetic to circumstances different from my own. I'd never really pictured myself as a parent, so having kids almost feels like having jumped to an alternate timeline...
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

rinn

Postby rinn » Wed May 24, 11:01 2017

negative experience that changed me: my parents' divorce while I was attending high school

positive experience that changed me: living on my own, without a boyfriend, or parent, or inlaws...(I've experienced all those three, too)

Return to “Random”