Spacefem.com

What are your favorite movies?

Tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Movies!!

Postby michan » Tue Dec 11, 19:31 2007

harold and maude, suicide club, midnight cowboy, orpheus, old boy, pulp fiction, fight club, leon the professional, in the mood for love/days of being wild, i'm not there, 28 weeks later, 400 blows, three times, millenium mambo, seven samurai
ashes to ashes
dust to dust
life is life
so party we must!!!!!
michan
KKF Certified
KKF Certified

Postby Durel » Wed Dec 12, 20:33 2007

Top 3 (No of times watched, not necessarily favouritism):
Matrix (~60)
Fight Club (~40)
The Boondock Saints (~20)

Also favs:
Monty Pythons' (all), Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Braveheart, Bourne series, Léon the Professional, Lord of the Rings, Jackie Chan's, ... and some more.

Also, Donnie Darko. I just love how everyone eventually is better off with him dead.
:pirateflag: Arch-Vampire, Chief-Wizard and Ninja Sensei of the SNSDW

Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal - these are principles which every man, of every faith, can embrace.

You don't have to be insane to mutter to yourself here, but it helps.

Wer Angst zeigt, hat keinen Glauben.
Durel
The Happy Nail Bunny
The Happy Nail Bunny

Postby fadedrose » Tue Jan 1, 15:28 2008

I really love Asian cinema, The Ring, The Grudge, etc. I'm a huge Monty Python fan and I'm also a sap so I love RomComs.
fadedrose
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Rainbow Dolphins » Mon Jan 7, 15:02 2008

My all-time favorite movie is probably Die Hard. Other than that, my favorite kinds of movies are really really cheesey scifi-horror flicks that they show late Saturday nights on the scifi channel (Mansquito, Octopus 2: River of Fear, that kind of deal). Cheesey disaster movies are also a favorite. I do like the occasional movie that actually makes me think, but it's hard for me to take them seriously for some reason, so this doesn't happen much.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!
Rainbow Dolphins
freakish chainsaw girl
freakish chainsaw girl

Postby Checkered Kev » Mon Jan 7, 18:29 2008

Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters II, Dot the i, Highlander, You've Got Mail, The Family Stone, Devil Wears Prada, The Incredibles, Shaun of the Dead, Wedding Crashers, Poltergeist, Star Wars, Logan's Run, Beetlejuice, Spaceballs, Fifth Element
And I could go on if I really thought about it; I love movies.
St. Louis Acoustic Ska: http://www.myspace.com/kevinwillinghamska
-Kev
Checkered Kev
Acoustic Ska Extraordinare!
Acoustic Ska Extraordinare!

Postby vega_pleiades » Mon Jan 7, 20:23 2008

Grey Gardens, All About Eve, Rebel Without A Cause, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, American Graffiti, Mildred Pierce, What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?, The Women, Pleasantville, Dark Victory, Garden State, American Beauty, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, Swing Kids, Hairspray (1967), To Kill A Mockingbird, The Prestige, Little Miss Sunshine, Life is Beautiful (La Vita e Bella), Hedwig & The Angry Inch, October Sky, Enchanted, Manos: The Hands of Fate, Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, Dr. Strangelove, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Anchorman, West Side Mortuary, Gattaca, Amadeus, Super Size Me, Legally Blonde, The 40-Year Old Virgin, Mystery Men, Waiting for Guffman

I really love movies.
'I think my mom thinks I'm a pinata...she beats me with an iron rod. I don't know if she expects candy to come out or what.' - Scott

High Priestess of Draakism, Leader of the Vegans
Join the Vegans: Worship Draak, scorn Storage, eat Delicious Meat Pies!
:syringe: Original Cast Member of Abortion! The Musical :syringe:
vega_pleiades
a cold dark evening such a long time ago
a cold dark evening such a long time ago

Postby DWH » Sat Jan 19, 0:05 2008

Star Wars, the original trilogy. Are other movies necessary?
:canada: :america:
I AM 1/3 OF THE JEDI KUNG-FU FIGHTING 1337 NINJA ASSASSIN TRIO!
:pirateflag: Fiddler of the SNSDW
Evil Lightsaber-Wielding Sith Lord Ewok of DOOM!!

vex wrote:I'd totally single white female your life.
DWH
diabolical techie
diabolical techie

Postby Gealach » Sat Feb 23, 15:50 2008

A nice long list from a variety of genres: Philadelphia, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Finding Neverland, Robin Hood: Men In Tights, Monty Python's And Now For Something Completely Different, Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail, Garden State, I Heart Huckabees, Eulogy, Touch of Pink, The Reckoning, Kinsey, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Pirates of the Caribbean, Total Eclipse, Rent, Head in the Clouds, Brokeback Mountain, Serenity, Ocean's Eleven, American Beauty, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Quills, Latter Days, Laramie Project, Kissing Jessica Stein, Gattaca, The Libertine, Chasing Amy, Prom Queen, Beautiful Thing, Better Than Chocolate, Edward Scissorhands, Straight Jacket, Pan's Labyrinth, Chronicles of Narnia, The Fisher King, Band of Brothers, The Emperor's Club, A Fish Called Wanda, In & Out, Lord of the Rings, The Magdelene Sisters, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Thank You For Smoking, Recovery, Water, Fire, Bent, Benny & Joon, Hairspray, Stardust, Lathe of Heaven, Thumbsucker
"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that." - Lloyd in Say Anything
Gealach
Lord of the Killer Rabbits
Lord of the Killer Rabbits

Postby rowan » Thu Apr 3, 2:13 2008

<b>Miyazaki films</b>, though probably not Pom Poko, that one was just kind of weird. Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa all rank up there pretty close to one another, though.
<b>Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon</b> and <b>Hero</b> are both fantastic.
<b>Ronin</b>. I could watch this movie over and over again.
<b>The Dish</b>. The only movie that has made my husband try to extract a promise from me that I won't endanger my life for science. (my response: but what if it's really important??)
<b>What Dreams May Come</b>.

Campy movies, irreverent movies, spoofs. Action flicks.
Global warming is intricately tied to the decline in the pirate population. As the pirate population goes down, the average global temperature goes up. Ergo, pirates are cool, and we need more pirates. :pirate: ARRR!
rowan
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Postby thechocolatebanana » Sun Apr 6, 22:08 2008

Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars...and did I mention Star Wars?

But if I must mention lesser movies that I enjoy: V for Vendetta, Phantom of the Opera, The Ten Commandments (I will forever miss you, Charlton Heston), Moulin Rouge, Pay It Forward, Harry Potter, My Fair Lady, Grease, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Charlotte's Web, Secondhand Lions, Minority Report, A Beautiful MInd, The Princess Bride, Pan's Labyrinth, Donnie Darko, Mulan, and Mean Girls.
- Flame-throwing Cheerleader
thechocolatebanana
No, that is not what I meant.
No, that is not what I meant.

Postby quark » Mon May 12, 18:53 2008

2001 A Space Odyssey
The Alien quadrilogy
The Night Porter
Ran, directed by Kurosawa (it's the story of King Lear set in medieval Japan)

Amarcord (an Italian film)
Let's practise random acts of intelligence and senseless acts of self-control.
quark
Beneficial Pineapple
Beneficial Pineapple

Postby imogene the fish » Wed Jul 9, 2:05 2008

Crash
The Pianist
Schindler's List
25th Hour
Fight Club
Death to Smoochy
Meet the Robinsons
The Emperor's New Groove
I am Sam
Love, Actually
If you can read this you're not dead. Good for you!
imogene the fish
the prozac fairy
the prozac fairy

Re: What are your favorite movies?

Postby Nic » Wed Jul 29, 1:37 2009

The Lives of Others
Pan's Labyrinth
Kung Fu Panda
Life is Beautiful
Last edited by Nic on Mon Aug 31, 21:48 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Nic
Les Omelettes
Les Omelettes

Postby SirLirin » Tue Aug 11, 16:26 2009

The Princess Bride (I know it by heart), The Fountain. RENT (OMIGOD I LOVE RENT), Star Wars anything, Pocahontas, Annie (1997 version), Phantom of the Opera, My Sister's Keeper (minus the ending, mainly because I READ THE BOOK), Hairspray (though to see it on stage is WAAAAAAY better), Princess Mononoke, Marie Antoinette, To Kill a Mockingbird (Fun fact: Gregory Peck is a distant cousin of mine), Fight Club, Charade.

There's one movie Audrey Hepburn is in called The Children's Hour that I love, but haven't seen in it's entirety. I can't seem to forget it, though. It's about these two teachers who run a boarding school, and one of the girls tells her grandmother they are having a lesbian affair as revenge for being punished earlier in the film. Immediately, word spreads and parents start withdrawing their children from the school, and the aftermath of what happens. It was just incredible in a terrible kind of way.
SirLirin
Haver of Pants
Haver of Pants

Postby The Other Lizard » Wed Aug 12, 0:31 2009

The Lord of the Rings, Love Actually, Star Wars, Garden State, Catch Me If You Can, Forrest Gump, The Princess Bride, Pirates of the Caribbean (the original one), Saved, Chocolat, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Serenity, Back to the Future
The Other Lizard
quiet squamata
quiet squamata

Postby Eater of Socks » Sun Oct 25, 3:01 2009

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Dancer in the Dark, Slumdog Millionaire, Pan's Labyrinth, Heavenly Creatures, RENT, Chicago, Donnie Darko & The Science of Sleep. I like musicals and foreign films and independent films!
Eater of Socks
...bop.
...bop.

Postby Zeph » Wed Nov 18, 13:21 2009

Elling, Ma Vie En Rose, Fargo, Office Space, Rushmore, O Brother Where Art Thou?, La Vita e Bella, The Pianist, Being John Malkovich, Persepolis, documentaries, musicals
Neko wrote:BY OUR POWERS COMBINED, WE ARE ZEKONEPH!

This never happened. It will shock you how much it never happened.
Zeph
Independent as a hog on ice
Independent as a hog on ice

Postby Diva101 » Sun Mar 31, 8:52 2013

Transformers, Twilight, Harry Potter, Titanic, Orphan Ester, The Exorcist, The Key
and I think A Walk to remember will be added to my list soon although i haven't watched it yet, i'm pretty sure i'll like it since michael from nikita is playing in it and he's pretty cute
Diva101

Postby dharmageek » Sun Mar 31, 14:20 2013

Star Trek (Especially III), Harry Potter (All of them), Serenity, All of the Lord of the Rings movies.
dharmageek
Monkey Waxer
Monkey Waxer

Postby DOOM » Tue Oct 1, 11:08 2013

The departed - Jack Nicholson, Ben Affleck, Mat Damon.
Human are incapable of love. Only control and hate.
DOOM
established
established

Postby GlitterBug » Thu Oct 10, 17:32 2013

Chronicle, Wreck-It Ralph, Equilibrium, Back To The Future, Shaun of the Dead, Star Trek Into Darkness, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Collateral, Groundhog Day, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Anger Management, 3:10 to Yuma, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Ice Age, The Lion King, 101 Dalmatians (1961), The Cabin in the Woods, The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, Seven Psychopaths, The Breakfast Club, Premium Rush, The Prestige...

Those are my majorly favourite movies if anyone asks me such a question. My all-time favourite is highlighted. It is in no particular order.
Without control, without restraint, emotion is chaos.

- Jurgen, Equilibrium (2002)
GlitterBug
established
established

Re:

Postby DOOM » Thu Oct 10, 19:40 2013

trombonekatie wrote:Pulp Fiction. I can recite Samuel L. Jackson's Ezekiel 25:17 speech word for word on demand.

I like you now. Keep on being awesome!
Human are incapable of love. Only control and hate.
DOOM
established
established

Re:

Postby Cybele » Thu Oct 10, 19:59 2013

Chococat wrote:V for Vendetta, Dr. Strangelove, Howl's Moving Castle, Braveheart, The Princess Bride!

Ditto, 5/5.
Marry me?
Cybele
Monkey Waxer
Monkey Waxer

Postby veronicakeely » Thu Nov 21, 14:30 2013

Star Wars (the original trilogy!), High Fidelity, The Breakfast Club, Rushmore, Inception, and Blade Runner to name a few!
veronicakeely

Postby Wildfire68 » Thu Dec 5, 20:02 2013

My number one of all time is 'The Crow' - the first one with Brandon Lee R.I.P. They needed to stop after this one.
Other favorites: '300', 'It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World', all of the 'Matrixes', 'Sherlock Holmes 1 & 2', 'Grease', 'Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure', 'The Avengers', 'Fast & Furious 1, 4,5 & 6', 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (the original 1970's movie)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.”
― Winston Churchill
Wildfire68
UFO
UFO

PreviousNext

Return to Spacial Profiling