Spacefem.com

What kinds of music do you like?

Tell us about yourself here

Moderator: Moderators

Postby rowan » Thu Apr 3, 2:27 2008

I'll listen to almost anything from new age to classical and opera to folk to country to rock to alternative to metal. There's very little rap I like though.
Global warming is intricately tied to the decline in the pirate population. As the pirate population goes down, the average global temperature goes up. Ergo, pirates are cool, and we need more pirates. :pirate: ARRR!
rowan
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Postby Mordak » Wed Jun 11, 21:38 2008

Eminem.
Billy Joel.
Soundgarden.
Alice in Chains.
Every other Seattle Grunge artist.
Blues and Roots artists from Australia.
CCR.
Paul Kelly.
Last edited by Mordak on Fri Sep 5, 21:26 2008, edited 1 time in total.
"mordie-pordie-pudding and pie" kicked your butt and made you cry :P
Mordak
ECKYTHUMP GRANDMASTER
ECKYTHUMP GRANDMASTER

Postby yeahyeahyeah » Wed Jul 9, 5:55 2008

Music that shall have my love forever and ever:
The White Stripes. The Strokes. Stars. Joy Division. Amanda Palmer. The Arcade Fire. Pixies. Bright Eyes. Foals. The Horrors. Islands. Jack Ladder. Patrick Wolf. Lightspeed Champion. of Montreal. The Panics. TV On The Radio. Wolf Parade. Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Currently listening to and adoring:
Fever Ray. Mercy Arms. Riceboy Sleeps. The Cramps. The Black Lips. Crystal Castles. Frightened Rabbit. Hercules & Love Affair. Handsome Furs. I Heart Hiroshima. No Age. School of Seven Bells.

the list goes on and on and on...
Last edited by yeahyeahyeah on Sun May 3, 5:42 2009, edited 1 time in total.
yeahyeahyeah
hip as chips!
hip as chips!

Postby ArtificialAmore » Wed Aug 6, 23:08 2008

THE SUBMARINES, OK Go, Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service, Red Hot Chile Peppers, Panic! At the Disco, 30 Seconds to Mars, Troubled Hubble, Benny Benassi, Clint Mansell, Dido, Freezepop, Regina Spektor, Filter, A Perfect Circle, Everclear, Gorillaz, Aimee Mann, Frou Frou, Bloodhound Gang, Andrea Bocelli, Bond, Fischerspooner, Utada Hikaru, Interpol, Jewel, Aqualung, Blink 182, Garmarna, Arctic Monkeys, Great Big Sea, The Beatles, Coldplay, My Chemical Romance, Butthole Surfers, Conjure One, Silverchair, Simon and Garfunkel, Cobra Starship, Damien Rice, The Decemberists, DeVotchka, Die Fantastichen Vier, Electric Six, Hot Hot Heat, Smashing Pumpkins, Nellie McKay, John Mayer, Jolie Holland, The Killers, KT Tunstall, L'Arcen Ciel, Madeleine Peyroux, Linkin Park, Snow Patrol, Naima, Poe, System of a Down, Visual Audio Sensory Theater (VAST), Venus Hum, The Vines, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Several Musicals (Rent, Wicked, The Producers, Avenue Q, &; Many Others)
This is what it must feel like to walk in full sunlight, my darkness revealed, my shadow self embraced. - Dexter
ArtificialAmore
endangeredly delicious!
endangeredly delicious!

Re: What kinds of music do you like?

Postby Distress Signal » Fri Apr 17, 12:49 2009

Music I generally like ranges from Classical, Rock, Pop, Folk, Celtic, New Age, and Electronic music (I won't list all the genres in there, because I like pretty much all of them).

Right now, I can't bring myself to listen to anything but Depeche Mode. They're so good and so addictive, almost medicinal.
Distress Signal
established
established

Postby RockinRose » Sat May 2, 18:30 2009

Classic rock and blues will always be what I dig most...Led Zeppelin, Rush, Cream, The Doors, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, BB King, Robert Johnson, Bessie Smith, Ma Rainey, Allman Bros, Jimi Hendrix...it's like the blood in my veins.

Other than that, I'm eclectic depending on my mood. I like some electronica (Depeche Mode, Crystal Method), reggae, trip-hop (Massive Attack), folk (Coyote Grace, SJ Tucker), punk, et cetera.
RockinRose
Beneficial Pineapple
Beneficial Pineapple

Postby Nic » Tue Aug 25, 0:35 2009

Nearly everything. Bach, Brahms, Ravel, Piazzola, Jeff Buckley, John Mayer, Switchfoot, Daphne Carmin, Thirsty Merc, Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd, Ella Fitzgerald, Stravinsky, The Avenue Q soundtrack...
Nic
Les Omelettes
Les Omelettes

Postby Zeph » Wed Nov 18, 13:29 2009

Beck, Blanche, Janelle Monae, Pink Floyd, The Raconteurs, Spoon, Tom Waits, TV On The Radio, The White Stripes, all examples (totally pasted this off of Facebook). I like good music from any genre/style.
Neko wrote:BY OUR POWERS COMBINED, WE ARE ZEKONEPH!

This never happened. It will shock you how much it never happened.
Zeph
Independent as a hog on ice
Independent as a hog on ice

Postby orchidcolors » Fri Apr 16, 20:51 2010

Lots of stuff. I'm eccentric in my music choices, so I've got lots of stuff. Pianos, flutes, cellos, and harps enchant me. I have a soft spot for certain effects too.

Short list...I can't make one without leaving someone awesome out.
orchidcolors
Monkey Waxer
Monkey Waxer

Postby Driftwhistler » Wed Feb 2, 19:23 2011

Heavy metal and hard rock, mostly(Demon Hunter, TOOL, Clutch, Project 86, Flatfoot 56, As I Lay Dying, etc..). I like a lot of other genres too, though.
Driftwhistler
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Postby Neko » Thu Jun 23, 7:23 2011

I've figured out that grunge is where my heart is and I've grown out of most of what I favored in the past. I always liked what I heard on the radio or other sources but never followed bands because I lived under a musical rock (you really have no idea). Then I discovered that Chris Cornell was the lead singer for an extremely large number of songs that have always given me goosebumps and I started reading into it more. I just love serious rock from (legitimately) super depressed people. I don't want to hear cliche love songs, songs about sex, songs about drugs or booze, songs about being or wanting to be a rock star, songs that objectify women to insane degrees (here's looking at you, hair metal!).

When the world ends, I think I'd quite like to spoon with Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell. If Layne Staley were still around, he'd be invited too.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t = 1
Neko
TOUCH NOT THE CAT
TOUCH NOT THE CAT

Previous

Return to Spacial Profiling