Spacefem.com

Point of View

We used to feature one poll a day. They're still pretty good polls.

Moderator: Moderators

Point of View

Objective Point of View
No votes
Third Person
36%
First Person
45%
Omniscient Narrator
18%
The obvious option that has been denied its participation in this poll, namely which could be labeled as Other
No votes
Anything written by Inept is for the Hearth
No votes

Total votes : 11

Point of View

Postby inept » Mon Mar 15, 17:01 2010

Come now. If I were to write something, which Point of View would you prefer? This isn't just a silly little poll, either. It's a question in which I would appreciate some input.
inept
Ten Star General
Ten Star General

Re: Point of View

Postby cwbyrvr » Tue Mar 16, 1:42 2010

What about the second person? :P
spacefem wrote:incidently, hearing "i love you" doesn't count if you're naked. it's just too easy to love a naked person.

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:My armpits are the only area of my body that almost always stays clean-shaven, because if I let it go I feel like a 15-year-old boy trying to grow a beard. In my armpits.
cwbyrvr
Phil
Phil

Postby Neko » Tue Mar 16, 6:55 2010

There's an Other option. :P
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t = 1
Neko
TOUCH NOT THE CAT
TOUCH NOT THE CAT

Postby cwbyrvr » Tue Mar 16, 20:10 2010

Oh yeah, so that was probably the one that was intentionally left out... go me for not reading all of the options! :P
spacefem wrote:incidently, hearing "i love you" doesn't count if you're naked. it's just too easy to love a naked person.

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:My armpits are the only area of my body that almost always stays clean-shaven, because if I let it go I feel like a 15-year-old boy trying to grow a beard. In my armpits.
cwbyrvr
Phil
Phil

Postby Aum » Wed Mar 17, 1:10 2010

They all have their merits but I like first person the best because it feels like you are sitting with the person and they are telling you the story. It's also the way I tend to write about my life or fictional events.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.
Aum
Into The Unknown
Into The Unknown

Postby Daktoria » Sat Dec 17, 13:58 2011

Fourth person. You don't see it much in prose, but it's always nice when someone writes about being together.

I guess if you get a lot of attention, it's not so nice though. Maybe even second person isn't nice anymore because you're sick of people looking up to you.

For assholes, they probably like first person most of all because that means someone's proving himself. The question wouldn't be perspective, but style at that point.
Daktoria
established
established

Return to Poll of the Day