Spacefem.com

Marijuana possession decriminalized in Connecticut

Feeling positive? Come cheer, celebrate, and uplift!

Moderators: lizpoona, Mathmo

Marijuana possession decriminalized in Connecticut

Postby Meperidine » Tue Jun 7, 18:39 2011

Story

Just in time for little sis to go to college there.

I'm not terribly surprised Connecticut would be an early adopter of this one, and I'm glad too. Here's hopin' for the next steps.
:heart: and :spacefem:
Meperidine
"Pr0n for t3h MIND!"
"Pr0n for t3h MIND!"

Re: Marijuana possession decriminalized in Connecticut

Postby monk » Tue Jun 7, 22:44 2011

How many state have to adopt similar laws to this and the medical use acts in order for the Fed to decriminalize it and start retasking the DEA to deal with the hard really harmful drugs like heroin & meth/speed/cocaine etc.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.
monk
try to ignore it if I offend you.
try to ignore it if I offend you.

Postby edit the sad parts » Wed Jun 8, 15:11 2011

monk wrote:How many state have to adopt similar laws to this and the medical use acts in order for the Fed to decriminalize it and start retasking the DEA to deal with the hard really harmful drugs like heroin & meth/speed/cocaine etc.

I am going to go ahead and say every single state in America. And even then, I wouldn't be confident that the Feds would step in and "do the right thing". No one wants to admit that the war on marijuana especially, (and on drugs in general) is an utter failure.

Go Connecticut! :dance2:
What was once before you - an exciting, mysterious future - is now behind you. Lived; understood; disappointing. You realize you are not special. You have struggled into existence, and are now slipping silently out of it. This is everyone's experience. Every single one. The specifics hardly matter. Everyone's everyone.
edit the sad parts
philophobia
philophobia

Postby Meperidine » Wed Jun 8, 15:12 2011

Didn't Obama take some step towards federal decriminalization awhile back? I seem to remember something like that.
:heart: and :spacefem:
Meperidine
"Pr0n for t3h MIND!"
"Pr0n for t3h MIND!"

Postby Aum » Thu Jun 9, 2:04 2011

Meperidine wrote:Didn't Obama take some step towards federal decriminalization awhile back? I seem to remember something like that.

He said that he has told the DEA to back off of states that have decriminalized or legalized marijuana.

But that's only subject to what the current President wants. The next one might not be so kind. The DEA overrules the states in this matter, which I think is utter horse manure.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.
Aum
Into The Unknown
Into The Unknown

Postby edit the sad parts » Thu Jun 9, 15:18 2011

Xinzang wrote:
Meperidine wrote:Didn't Obama take some step towards federal decriminalization awhile back? I seem to remember something like that.

He said that he has told the DEA to back off of states that have decriminalized or legalized marijuana.

But that's only subject to what the current President wants. The next one might not be so kind. The DEA overrules the states in this matter, which I think is utter horse manure.

Also, in light of the new WHO report about the war on drugs being a failure, which specifically calls out the U.S for its policies, the White House responded in the same way you would expect it to: that America was not moving towards decriminalization. They also offered counter-evidence to the idea that they were losing the "war".
What was once before you - an exciting, mysterious future - is now behind you. Lived; understood; disappointing. You realize you are not special. You have struggled into existence, and are now slipping silently out of it. This is everyone's experience. Every single one. The specifics hardly matter. Everyone's everyone.
edit the sad parts
philophobia
philophobia

Postby cwbyrvr » Fri Jun 10, 0:50 2011

Right, we're totally winning. People are getting killed over a fairly harmless drug way too often, yet we're totally doing good in this. Mmm-hmm. Yep.

Shit like this comes to mind.
spacefem wrote:incidently, hearing "i love you" doesn't count if you're naked. it's just too easy to love a naked person.

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:My armpits are the only area of my body that almost always stays clean-shaven, because if I let it go I feel like a 15-year-old boy trying to grow a beard. In my armpits.
cwbyrvr
Phil
Phil

Return to Happiness