The dirty 2% are buttheads also.

Miscellaneous topics worth talking about.

Moderators: monk, MFS, helium

monk

The dirty 2% are buttheads also.

Postby monk » Tue Feb 14, 17:24 2012

I stole this little blurb of info from a cracked article because it made me laugh.

So there's this study

The study was conducted to monitor how often people wash their hands when they use the restroom. It discovered that when un-watched about half of us (men & women) didn't wash their hands after using the restroom(gross).
Then the study people put up a sign telling people to wash their hands. Once they did so almost all the women started washing their hands but (and this is what makes me laugh) the number of men washing their hands actually decreased slightly.

The conclusion is that 2% of men actually stopped washing their hands just to spite the sign.

and we wonder why we have problems making change in society .

I aint gonna have no fucking sign tell ME when to wash my hands

yes it's stupid, but I still laughed at it.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.

Bork

Re: The dirty 2% are buttheads also.

Postby Bork » Tue Feb 14, 17:42 2012

I'm pretty sure my boss doesn't wash his hands after he goes to the bathroom.

And today, I'm pretty sure he answered his phone in the bathroom, and then didn't flush so that the person on the other end wouldn't know he was in the bathroom while talking to them on the phone.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Tue Feb 14, 20:09 2012

The last person that I saw who didn't wash their hands in a bathroom? He was wearing a fairly nice suit. I hope he didn't shake anyone's hands.

helium

Postby helium » Tue Feb 14, 20:12 2012

^I'm pretty sure my old boss didn't wash his hands after going to the bathroom, either.

I had a psychology class a few years ago where one of the bug projects was to do a study about the number of eople who washed their hands in restrooms. You were supposed to stand somewhere visible but not obtrusive and mark how many people washed their hands in a public bathroom, then hide somewhere for the same amount of time and mark it based on the sounds of people washing their hands. We were supposed to be studying how people reacted to being watched and what-not, but I just remember how many people would just give you a dirty look and walk out without even getting them wet.
... um there was more of a point to that but I kind of forget what it was. People just don't wash their damn hands a lot.
I've had my share, I'll help you with the pain
You're not alone

:spork: :bomb: BMMhuhwha?
"No, I can't see, fuck-mook! I have no eyes!"

Aum

Postby Aum » Wed Feb 15, 3:42 2012

I wash my hands before I go to the bathroom a lot of times. I mean, your hands have been everywhere, but your privates have been safely tucked away under two layers of clothing where they don't come into contact with germs. I've never understood the logic of only washing your hands after you use the bathroom - it means you could have contaminated yourself yet are putting others ahead of you.

My body is not dirty. I only wash my hands after using the bathroom because the toilet handle might be dirty, or the seat, or the door, etc. I've never done it because touching my own privates is dirty, which seems to be what we're taught. (Mind you, doing a #2 is a different business entirely.)
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

great girl wonder

Postby great girl wonder » Wed Feb 15, 21:27 2012

helium wrote:We were supposed to be studying how people reacted to being watched and what-not, but I just remember how many people would just give you a dirty look and walk out without even getting them wet.

Were you perhaps in the men's bathroom? :)

I guess in theory your not really touching anything super gross when you go to the bathroom. Really, when you think about it you should seriously shower after sex, not pass out and sleep. Or in the very least wash your hands after sex but I doubt that rarely happens. But I go with safe than sorry, I'd rather spend 45 seconds washing and drying my hands than risk going around with poo on them.
It is a far better thing to love than to be loved; to adore than be adored. -David Turrill, An Apology for Autumn
monk wrote:so what you're saying is that great girl wonder beat the pants off you?

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Thu Feb 16, 7:19 2012

^ I've dated someone who would always do a brief shower after sex, in order to prevent UTI.

Tookie

Postby Tookie » Thu Feb 16, 10:31 2012

^I think a better solution would be showering before sex (actually, probably best if both partners did this), and then peeing after sex. Once the bacteria is in the urethra, a shower won't get it out.
The personal is the political.
helium wrote:Every vagina is different, right? A unique and original vag-snowflake?

rowan

Postby rowan » Thu Feb 16, 10:35 2012

or showering during sex...
Global warming is intricately tied to the decline in the pirate population. As the pirate population goes down, the average global temperature goes up. Ergo, pirates are cool, and we need more pirates. :pirate: ARRR!

LunchBox

Postby LunchBox » Thu Feb 16, 11:12 2012

^About showering before sex- what about the splooge that needs cleanup? I'm all for pee & shower after sex for that reason.

Also, I am somewhat of a germaphobe and approve all these pro- hand washing messages.

Tookie

Postby Tookie » Thu Feb 16, 11:19 2012

I mean, if you're not worried about STIs, semen isn't really a health concern. Tissues are good, especially damp tissues if you're really on your game and have water on hand. Or I guess wet wipes or something but I think those are weird. And if you are concerned about STIs, that shit should be kept in a condom!
The personal is the political.
helium wrote:Every vagina is different, right? A unique and original vag-snowflake?

great girl wonder

Postby great girl wonder » Thu Feb 16, 20:06 2012

rowan wrote:or showering during sex...

I try to spend all my time naked and wet... for hygiene..clearly.
It is a far better thing to love than to be loved; to adore than be adored. -David Turrill, An Apology for Autumn
monk wrote:so what you're saying is that great girl wonder beat the pants off you?

lillerina

Postby lillerina » Fri Feb 17, 3:35 2012

Naked and wet is how I order my hot chocolates.
If I bang my head against a brick wall five times and get five lumps, why am I surprised when I bang it a sixth time and get a sixth lump?

"Isn't it funny that the only time your race or gender is questioned is when you're not a white man?" - Wanda Sykes

Return to “Random Weirdos”