2017 will be the year of the female!

Moderators: Enigma, Sonic#

lexiewalt

2017 will be the year of the female!

Postby lexiewalt » Thu Dec 29, 6:52 2016

Well we'd all like it to be - so think positive - I'd like every woman reading this to come up with ONE THING they'd like to see improved for us in 2017.

For me, it would HAVE to be public toilets - how much longer should we go on waiting with others to use what we NEED
(The Three P's: Privacy, a Pot and Paper)
when men's toilets just give them what they NEED (somewhere to attempt to aim) in a second.
It's not that we WANT more - we NEED it because of the way our bodies are made.

Lexie.

Enigma

Re: 2017 will be the year of the female!

Postby Enigma » Thu Dec 29, 10:08 2016

Sorry I can't do just one but I'll keep it down to three.

I hope that the missing and murdered women inquiry ends in constructive changes.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/grenier ... -1.3471027

I hope Trump doesn't decide to increase the legislation of women's bodies in the US and otherwise step on women's rights.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-women ... SKBN14H0BG

I hope the daycare affordability issue is addressed by politicians.
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/editori ... orial.html

Overall I'm feeling pretty negative about how all of those situations will play out. But we'll see. Maybe I'll be happily surprised.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Nachos

Postby Nachos » Thu Dec 29, 13:42 2016

I'd like more research to be done on male birth control like Vasalgel and RISUG. Can it come out soon please?
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

lexiewalt

Postby lexiewalt » Fri Dec 30, 6:05 2016

ENIGMA, ooh you put my "public toilets" to shame with your serious "things"! Yeh I'd love those too - but if I could always pee when I need to I could spare more time to do them.
Hey - is it a male conspiracy? They deliberately keep us in line so that we don't have time to put the world to rights?
Happy New Year!!, Lex

Nech

Postby Nech » Fri Dec 30, 8:42 2016

I'd love to see some good female characters in media. We've had some good characters in the last year, but we can push the envelope a bit yet I think. I have super high hopes for Wonder Woman (please be amazing please be amazing please be amazing).

I like the toilet thing Lexie, unisex bathrooms for all! The whole divide people by gender thing seems silly in so many instances.

Nachos wrote:I'd like more research to be done on male birth control like Vasalgel and RISUG. Can it come out soon please?

Ugh I'd totally be down for that...so done with the lack of choice (condoms or get snipped).

And Enigma, I was actually going to say the MMIW when I read the first post, then here you come in the 2nd one saying stuff. :P
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

Return to “Feminism”