Girlfriend Zone

Whatever weirdo topics you feel like bringing up

Moderators: MFS, monk

Nachos

Girlfriend Zone

Postby Nachos » Thu Apr 20, 11:57 2017

A somewhat satirical take that I wanted to share :)

http://literaryreference.tumblr.com/pos ... riend-zone
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

rowan

Re: Girlfriend Zone

Postby rowan » Thu Apr 20, 13:08 2017

:fire:

I've seen some good things like this, I should start sharing them with certain people.... ;)
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

DarkOne

Postby DarkOne » Fri Apr 21, 4:59 2017

Oh, the comments... the glorious comments... HEY there's no "bang-head-against-wall" emoji. I needed that one here. :( Anyway, the piece was fun. :)
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

rowan

Postby rowan » Fri Apr 21, 9:31 2017

DarkOne wrote:HEY there's no "bang-head-against-wall" emoji. I needed that one here.

If you make one I'll figure out how to put it in. I want my little cthulhu up again but never get around to it but if someone *else* made something to put up I'd remember....
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

DarkOne

Postby DarkOne » Fri Apr 21, 22:32 2017

rowan wrote:If you make one I'll figure out how to put it in...

Ok now I have to. I'll see what I can scrounge up.
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Sat Apr 22, 7:01 2017

Me going through comments:

Aum

Postby Aum » Sat Apr 22, 20:48 2017

Lol good read...

On the topic of friend zoning... do people actually not pick up on someone who really wants to be with them as more than a friend? To me it's so obvious when someone is trying to play friendly in order to get closer. And I did this to someone in high school and he saw right through me!

Like really... is it that hard to notice?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

Taurwen

Postby Taurwen » Sun Apr 23, 14:11 2017

I think sometimes people just really want to believe their friendship is genuinely a friendship and not a stepping stone. I've seen it with both genders, but generally (very generally) have notice women are more likely to get sad and still remain friends with the person they are romantically inclined towards, men tend to get angry and cut contact.

Sonic#

Postby Sonic# » Sun Apr 23, 17:47 2017

I've gotten sad and remained friends several times in my life. That said, what you say (men getting angry and cutting contact) may be true (again, very generally) because in our culture they feel more entitled to bring things to a head and confess their feelings, disruptions to the social status quo be damned.

DarkOne

Postby DarkOne » Tue Apr 25, 5:11 2017

Aum wrote:On the topic of friend zoning... do people actually not pick up on someone who really wants to be with them as more than a friend?

I think sometimes, it takes a thief. Especially when you're younger and less jaded. If you tend to be straightforward in your approach to relationships (friendship or romantic), you'll tend to assume that other people do the same, so it will be harder to spot. If, on the other hand, you try to sneak your way to GF/BF status, you'll be more receptive to spotting the red flags in other people.

I met this one guy right when I started grad school. I enjoyed his company, we had common interests and had fun hanging out. We didn't know many people in this new town. We only met maybe once or twice a week, mostly to grab lunch or dinner on campus, each one paid their own way. I immediately disclosed I was in a relationship, making plans for my boyfriend to move into town soon. He asked me for advice with girls. So, all info is out there, I've made clear we're in the friend zone, right? NOOOOPE. Some nerdy movie came out we both wanted to see, so we decided to go see it together. Wanting to make sure he had no weird ideas, I literally said "You realize this is a non-date, right? As in 'the probability of sex at the end of the evening is zero.'" He was a physics major. He should know what zero means. He cooly said "Duh, yeah. I just don't want to go to the theater alone." Cool. Yeah, no. He totally made a pass at me at the theater. *eyeroll*

All this is just to say sometimes you just can't prevent getting girlfriend zoned, no matter how hard you try.

Taurwen

Postby Taurwen » Tue Apr 25, 18:51 2017

Oh, and stupid. Personally, I'm just stupid. I had a friend literally tell me the only difference between a friendship and a romantic relationship for her was that she was if she was physically attracted to someone.
A year later we started hooking up. Six months after that we stopped. And then I was surprised when she didn't want to be friends anymore. It took me years to realize when I stopped having sex I was breaking up with her.
And like, it wasn't just body language and stuff, she told me in plain English what was going on, I just didn't put two and two together.

Return to “Random”