Return of the skink!

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

FernGully

Post by FernGully » Tue Feb 25, 15:40 2003

BCG wrote:
FernGully wrote:A skink you say. What the hell would it be in your room for? Is your rooom really messy... do you leave food around or something to that effect? Or was it just being a jerk!
Well, it's Florida. Weird things get into my house, especially when, like I said, my bedroom leads right out to the pool area.

Up north, they get mice and stuff like that. We get lizards.
When I went to Disney Land in Florida there were all these lizards that just waited out behind the condo sliding door. They really wanted in!

Freaks.
:fern:

Support Ferno-Raavynism! Down with oppressive Draakism!

BCG

Post by BCG » Tue Feb 25, 15:44 2003

My grandparents came to visit here once, and every time they saw a lizard go across the sidewalk, they'd go "Oh! Look! A lizard!"

I laughed. If I did that every time I saw a lizard, that's all I'd ever say.
-Katrina
Leader of the Virgin Crew
:diamond: Hymens are a girl's best friend. :diamond:

jem

Post by jem » Tue Feb 25, 18:56 2003

I have salamders in my basement. And thats where I am now. I once had a snake in here *shudders* :nervous: .
rare spontaneous unexpected bold curious intriguing intuitive fearless unusual audacious brash undaunted irreverent daring dynamic maverick unbridled soulful provocative strong romantic genuine unorthodox brave renegade radical visionary dreamer

Lenora Of The Mice

Post by Lenora Of The Mice » Tue Feb 25, 19:38 2003

a lot of lizards have detatchable tails, including skinks, anoles, and geckos.

I have an anole. pulling their tails off seems just cruel. Yes, the detatched tail flops around for a few minutes until it dies. this happened to my anole once, and I watched in horror as her tail twisted and flopped around on the bed. It's meant to confuse predators.

Do the skinks in florida have blue tongues? blue tongued skinks are awesome! send me one too.
Lenora Of The Mice :mouse: :cheese:

"life sucks, get a fucking helmet"
-Dennis Leary

Ah, the power of cheese

BCG

Post by BCG » Tue Feb 25, 20:30 2003

Well, you know, I didn't really do a comprehensive observation of the critter while I was running away from him.
-Katrina

skeptic320

Post by skeptic320 » Tue Feb 25, 22:45 2003

In the house we stayed at in Barbados we had geckos. Little ones about two inches long. They scared the hell out of my mom. And my aunt, who used to live in Brisbane, had one in her laundry room. Mom was pretty freaked about those, too.
Beyond the suns that guard this roof, beyond your flowers of flaming truths
Beyond your latest ad campaigns
An old man sits collecting stamps, in a room all filled with Chinese lamps
He saves what others throw away, he says that he'll be rich someday.
~Cake

tanooki

Post by tanooki » Tue Feb 25, 22:52 2003

looks cool to catch then trap it and make the skink fight with a gecko :D
who let the dogs out... woof woof woof woof :puppy:

yellowchevy

Post by yellowchevy » Wed Feb 26, 11:49 2003

i've never had any small animals break into my house :mouse: . strange. maybe you should work on your security system. or get a scary dog. :puppy:
Have you seen the yellow chevy? Yeah that's me. Watch out!

BCG

Post by BCG » Wed Feb 26, 15:39 2003

Well, I don't think it actually "broke into" my house... probably just slithered under something or another. ;)
-Katrina

cob

Post by cob » Wed Feb 26, 15:54 2003

BCG wrote:Well, I don't think it actually "broke into" my house... probably just slithered under something or another. ;)
are sure there's only one that got in? maybe there's a whole army of them....waiting...

BanoffeeKitty

Post by BanoffeeKitty » Wed Feb 26, 16:16 2003

From what I'm seeing, it seems to me that American homes are swamped with a lively variety of reptiles and other such creatures..

..*Scratches head* Are we British missing out?
"That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh. Which is it, I wonder?"
-- (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

zoe.

Post by zoe. » Wed Feb 26, 18:58 2003

my cats like to bite the tails off of lizards and carry them into the house and watch them wiggle.
they also like to drag in frogs and these really gross, fat, green things that curl up into balls and make my cats mouths foam.
i'm not all that cool. but i hope i will be someday.

The Shrew

Post by The Shrew » Wed Feb 26, 20:32 2003

I hate lizards, and I hate all Florida creatures.

And I find it extremely odd that I have yet to see a skink, and I live 20 minutes away from BCG. I've lived her (almost) my whole life, and never ONCE have I seen these.

Altho I have seen scarily huge grasshoppers that make me want to cry. That is just un-natural.
I am Turc.
I am :fern:'s twin.

Virgin Crew!
:diamond: Hymens are a girls best friend :diamond:

Phildo

Post by Phildo » Thu Feb 27, 15:48 2003

I live in England so we dont get cool stuff like lizards here but i do hav a m8 who has a mouse livin in his house. not in a cage or nuffin it just randomly wanders around the house. i was sittin on his bed talkin and this mouse jhust wanders in and starts followin me :P [/img][/quote]
There was nothing, then God said "let there be light", there was still nothing but at least you could see it...

ArtificialAmore

Post by ArtificialAmore » Thu Feb 27, 17:24 2003

As a kid I used to go around with a water gun and shoot at the shutters on my grandparents house to scare out the lizards and then I'd grab them and put them in jars for a while. I'd always let them out a few hours later but it was fun and really good exercise. We had geckos and chameleons (those really are hard to spot) but I've never seen a skink. .. can i have one too?

We get spiders in our houses in texas, evil spiders. I've ALWAYS hated them and they just waltz right in and try and kill me in my sleep. They're plotting.. i know it...
This is what it must feel like to walk in full sunlight, my darkness revealed, my shadow self embraced. - Dexter

zoe.

Post by zoe. » Thu Feb 27, 19:28 2003

wow. you people are weird. "ooo! florida creatures! i want one!" you guys want a box of lovebugs too?
"close your eyes, think of all the bubbles of love we made!" -Natalie Imbruglia
love that song, amore.
i'm not all that cool. but i hope i will be someday.

BCG

Post by BCG » Thu Feb 27, 20:20 2003

For real, you people want to buy these? I'd pay money to keep them away from me!
-Katrina

cob

Post by cob » Fri Feb 28, 21:53 2003

BCG wrote:For real, you people want to buy these? I'd pay money to keep them away from me!
hey BCG, (i know this is way off topic) whatever happened to Stalker Boy?

Rainbow Dolphins

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Sat Mar 1, 2:52 2003

Once I was in my room getting into my PJs and I suddenly saw a spider on the wall. It made me jump and let out a small squeal out of surprise- I usually don't get spiders that big in my room (it was about the size of an American half-dollar peice). Well, I am kind of afraid of spiders- they have long spindly legs and it's creepy. This one had especially long, especialy spindly legs, and I was thoroughly creeped out. I was about to brave going and finding a jar to catch it in (it was on the wall next to the door and the lightswitch) when it began to scamper with it's especially long, especially spindly legs twards the phone on my wall. Quite quickly. It soon made it past the phone and proceeded to move twards the bed. I said "dear god not the bed". I said it again. And again. I think I repeated it about 10 times in 30 seconds. Bleh. So It dissapeared behind the bed; I looked under it, and there it was, on the wall under the bed. It dissapeared behind the bed again. I looked above it. Then below it. Then above it. Then belo- well you get the idea. The spider with especially long, especially spindly legs with which it scampered quite quickly was nowhere to be found. So I said "dear god not the bed" and began the chant again. Whilst performing this chant, I slowly moved to the far wall on which the spider was orginally discovered, and peered behind the bed. The spider with especially long, especially spindly legs with which it scampered quite quickly was nowhere to be found. You might think this is a good thing, but no, I thought I now had a spider with especially long, especially spindly legs with which it could scamper quite quickly in my bed. I thouroughly searched the bed, and had a very restless time that night. In summary: urlge.

Don't even get me started on the one time a mouse got in my house. It was actually pretty funny. Mouse, my cat Mouse that is, kept picking it up in her mouth and throwing it into the air. She would let it hit the floor and then restart the whole process. Poor mouse!! Mouse was pretty happy with her new play-toy though. I don't think the mouse was. Have I confused you yet?? I could keep trying if I haven't.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!

Rainbow Dolphins

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Sat Mar 1, 2:57 2003

GAH, I did that thing where I replyed to the last post on the first page... sorry.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!