The Tenants from Hell

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

sansspina

The Tenants from Hell

Post by sansspina » Wed Feb 26, 11:36 2003

My tenenats are drunk out of their tiny minds, and it sounds like they're actaully killing each other down there. One can only hope.

I rented out the bottom half of our duplex more as a personal project, than as an income enhancement, since we barely break even after re-assessments, property taxes that went up and so on. What I did not count on was that they were a pair of lunatics.

Gay? Who cares. Got 12 cats? (OY!) no problem. I keep animals, and I couldn't care less who does what to whom or in what position, as long as they pay the damn rent and don't paint the windows black.

What I can't figure out is why they live together if they hate each other! And why I have to go through this "catch the tenants before they drink up the friggin rent money" dance every month.

The cops were here twice yesterday. And they're at it again now. No amount of calm persuasion nor threats of eviction seem to be effective. The only reason I've held off on evicting them is that w/no place to go, their cats will end up at the local shelter most likely euthanized.

Damn! Have a party every night, play music til all hours, I can deal w/norma, happy soundsl...but when I wake up in the wee hours, hearing glass break and one of em screaming, "Help! Help! He's killing me!", and see flashing cop car lights, I get real real cranky. Oh, yeah...they also owe me two months rent.

So much for being a slum landlord.
sans...
~~"To be penitent is to be almost innocent"...Seneca
Do not start with me...you will not win.

cob

Post by cob » Wed Feb 26, 14:52 2003

next time they get really drunk and fight, walk down with a paintball gun. shoot the first one you see with red paintballs. with some luck, they will be drunk enough to think they have really be shot. then say "if i hear any more fighting, i'm killing the both of ya." then make em pay the rest of their rent.

problem solved! :)

sansspina

Post by sansspina » Wed Feb 26, 14:56 2003

That sounds like a helluva good ide...I'd much rather use a real gun but they make my husband nervous.
sans...

Draak

Post by Draak » Wed Feb 26, 15:30 2003

I need something to beat up on...I will gladly offer my services as a bouncer. I will throw them out and then all of their belongings on top of them...Hopefully I won't miss with the furniture throwing and kill them in the process.

But seriously, I used to live in a place like that, but it was the people above me. Up all night, him yelling, then beating on his wife and the kids. After a while my prince saved me and took me awy from all that. But it's not like you can move and renter's rights get you everytime.

Good luck and maybe eventually they will kill each other off. ;)

sansspina

Post by sansspina » Wed Feb 26, 15:35 2003

It's a shame that my husband grew up and hangs out w/the man at city hall who is in the rental bureau, ain't it? Ooooh weeeelll! Appreciate the furniture throwing offer...I'm considering my own baseball bat but cobain's idea w/the pain-ball thingee sounds like it might be more fun.
sans...

angry-amy

Post by angry-amy » Wed Feb 26, 18:07 2003

oh my. i do hope that you are not 100% serious about the whole taking a gun or a bat to them.

the thing about domestic violence (even mutual domestic violence) is that it is more likely that anyone who enters into that situation from the outside gets hurt, rather than just the people involved. that is why police are sometimes hesitant to go storming into a place all balls to the walls in a DV situation. they know that they have an abnormally high risk of being seriously injured or killed. watch out for her.

that said... evict them. you dont need to be worrying about the cats. you could even help to find homes for them. dump them out on their asses in the street.

(or you could always retaliate by waking them up in the middle of the night with some happy snogging noises of your own. there is nothing that drives miserable people more loopy than hearing other people snogging.
"I am NOT an angry girl, but it seems that I've got everyone fooled. Everytime i say something they find hard to hear, they chalk it up to MY anger, and never THEIR OWN fear."
-Ani DiFranco

zoe.

Post by zoe. » Wed Feb 26, 18:19 2003

i thought snogging = kissing? i understand what you were syaing, though. thats a good idea.
i'm not all that cool. but i hope i will be someday.

sansspina

Post by sansspina » Wed Feb 26, 20:09 2003

No, <sigh> you're right...it's very uncool to go around murdering people. Not that I probably wouldn't enjoy it...I did think the idea w/the painball gun was pretty nice...harless and scary as hell if you're not prepared for it. Must remember to call my son...hehehehe...he's young enough to do that sort of thing.
sans...

KingTZ

Post by KingTZ » Thu Feb 27, 14:10 2003

Ssansipina, if this whole scenario happened in a movie or something, I think it'd be rather funny.
It's probably alot less comic when you actually have to deal with it though...
You might be a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater! [Say it fast]

sansspina

Post by sansspina » Thu Feb 27, 14:14 2003

You know, I really feel bad abt all this...honest. But not enough so to put up w/another two and a half years! Fun's fun...but I gotta move on while I still have at least a little sanity left (oops, too late...)...
sans...

BCG

Post by BCG » Thu Feb 27, 20:33 2003

Two and a half more years? I'd kick them out.
-Katrina
Leader of the Virgin Crew
:diamond: Hymens are a girl's best friend. :diamond:

sansspina

Post by sansspina » Mon Mar 3, 14:53 2003

It's in progress, finally. And I don't feel nearly as bad as I thought I would.
sans...

vega_pleiades

Post by vega_pleiades » Mon Mar 3, 19:18 2003

I say kick em out. It's not worth it.
:gf:

tanooki

Post by tanooki » Tue Mar 4, 7:08 2003

my mum used to rent out our other place, thank god we had a single mum so there were no parties or big fights etc

anyway you should sort it out before they are 4 months in debt with rent, i am sure there are some home consultants or what ever that can help you legally with getting rid of them :)

oh and i hate cats!! they suck!!
who let the dogs out... woof woof woof woof :puppy: