Why do books pre-hate me?

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

sansspina

Post by sansspina » Sat Mar 1, 6:37 2003

Books are the most animate inanimate objects that I have ever met. Have you noticed that they can make themselves invisible? Yup...d'ja ever notice that when you go to the book case that you know you last saw a particular book in, it's no longer there? Un huh...it's gone, invisible'd, cuz it knew you were coming for it. Tomorrow, of course when you go back after another book, the one you couldn't find today, and that you no longer need? Why, there it is...right where you thought it was in the first place. Laughing.
sans...
~~"To be penitent is to be almost innocent"...Seneca
Do not start with me...you will not win.

tanooki

Post by tanooki » Sat Mar 1, 7:47 2003

sansspina, books do that??, your little story reminds me of toy story and how when you are not looking toys have this whole little life of their own going on, so what was the last book that did that to you??
who let the dogs out... woof woof woof woof :puppy:

cob

Post by cob » Sat Mar 1, 8:54 2003

FernGully wrote:
cobain wrote:FernGullyAndTheLastRainforest! you thief! go to your room and think about what you've done! :P

that was awesome, though...
wanna come with!
sure! i'll, uh... help you think about what you've done! yeah.

veggarina

Post by veggarina » Sat Mar 1, 8:55 2003

eap wrote:I would yell at my school books because they were mean and didnt give me the right info or the wrong ansers were writen in them. I used to slap my computer but now if i touch it lightly it restartes it self 3 times. :screwy:
yeah same ! i found if you slap the monitor on both sides, punch the keyboard, sit on the mouse and tapdance on the computer then it works (better than it did before. Only you have to hug it afterwards and tell it how sorry you are, or it throws cookies at you.
Please don't ask about the extensive research i had to do to find that out...........

sansspina

Post by sansspina » Mon Mar 3, 14:52 2003

tanooki wrote:sansspina, books do that??, your little story reminds me of toy story and how when you are not looking toys have this whole little life of their own going on, so what was the last book that did that to you??

Nah...this goes back as far as childhood, when dinosaurs still roamed the planet. I also can never find my darn glasses (even this minute, my nose is right down here at keyboard level)...who knows where stuff goes? On the other hand, I always know where my house keys are...big deal. The last book? "The Name of the Rose"/Umberto Eco. I can't count how many times I've read that...my husband can always find em, not me.

And CDs are MAJOR offenders! Ever go looking for one particular CD that you must listen to or die? Gone, isn't it...Til the next time you go looking for another CD, and POP! There's the one you don't want.

I wonder if other women piffle away all their time just looking for stuff?
sans...
~~"To be penitent is to be almost innocent"...Seneca
Do not start with me...you will not win.

alanimal

Post by alanimal » Mon Mar 3, 19:00 2003

[quote="zoe."]she's just a silly canadian. we have to excuse her.[/quote]

DONT YOU START WITH THE CANADIAN JOKES, OR IM GONNA HAVE TO HAUL OUT THE AMERICAN ONES!

Back on topic: try the internet dear. Then yell some more. Getting kicked out of the computer section of the library is twice as much fun. Not as much fun as getting thrown out of fast food joints for crudeness, but then again, what is? :cocktail:
Sorry I missed church! I was busy studying witchcraft and becoming a lesbian.

zoe.

Post by zoe. » Mon Mar 3, 19:11 2003

alanimal wrote:
zoe. wrote:she's just a silly canadian. we have to excuse her.
DONT YOU START WITH THE CANADIAN JOKES, OR IM GONNA HAVE TO HAUL OUT THE AMERICAN ONES!

Back on topic: try the internet dear. Then yell some more. Getting kicked out of the computer section of the library is twice as much fun. Not as much fun as getting thrown out of fast food joints for crudeness, but then again, what is? :cocktail:
go ahead, bust out those american jokes.
i'm not all that cool. but i hope i will be someday.

athena1999

Post by athena1999 » Mon Mar 3, 20:20 2003

I wish I could get kicked out of somewhere... wait, i think i was! my sister and i were practically kicked out of a hardware store for fooling around in the windows and doors section! we couldn't resist playing in those window and door sets... :lol: once my friends and I tried to see what would make mothers put their hands over their kids' ears... luckily we didn't get kicked out because the place was huge and it was hard to recognize us anyway. :devil: Other than that, i seem to be on everyone's good side. :angel:
"We must be the change we wish to see."
~Within Temptation