Song of the Lionness Quartet

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

crabby_artemis

Song of the Lionness Quartet

Post by crabby_artemis » Sun Mar 2, 13:08 2003

Did anyone read the Song of the Lioness quartet and finish??? Well if you did, then do you think that George should've gotten Alanna??? I just think that's plain not fair!I!!! I just think that Jonathon should sooo get Alanna, cause first George is too old for her! And I don't like Thayet cause she stole Jonathon from Alanna!!

angry-amy

Post by angry-amy » Sun Mar 2, 14:54 2003

huh?

i havent read this book, and now i dont need to. thank you for spoiling it for me.

does it bother anyone else when people are at the movies and say "oh wait till he kills that guy at the end," or if you are at the bookstore "have you gotten to the point where the main character dies?" that drives me nutso.

this summer when i was living with a bunch of coworkers in boston we were back at the hotel after work one night and someone we had invited over said something like that about the movie we were watching.... we lost it and started saying (over and over until we were rolling on the floor breathless "you know ____insertnameofmoviehere_____, she dies.
"I am NOT an angry girl, but it seems that I've got everyone fooled. Everytime i say something they find hard to hear, they chalk it up to MY anger, and never THEIR OWN fear."
-Ani DiFranco

A.K.A. Z

Post by A.K.A. Z » Sun Mar 2, 14:57 2003

angry-amy wrote:huh?

i havent read this book, and now i dont need to. thank you for spoiling it for me.

does it bother anyone else when people are at the movies and say "oh wait till he kills that guy at the end," or if you are at the bookstore "have you gotten to the point where the main character dies?" that drives me nutso.

this summer when i was living with a bunch of coworkers in boston we were back at the hotel after work one night and someone we had invited over said something like that about the movie we were watching.... we lost it and started saying (over and over until we were rolling on the floor breathless "you know ____insertnameofmoviehere_____, she dies.
I was just watching Vanilla Sky for the first time last night and remembered a Movie Narc (that's what I call people who tell the ending) who told me how the damn movie ended like a year ago. Luckily, I still didn't really get it til the very end, but it still kind of pissed me off that the guy gave away the big surprise for me.
"The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us." Foucault

Lenora Of The Mice

Post by Lenora Of The Mice » Sun Mar 2, 15:44 2003

I have read the entire series and more books by tamora peirce. They are good, but a little young for you amy.

(skip if you have not read books, or do not want to be frustrated by references that make no sense)

as for you crabby, you miss the point, they made a mutual agreement on friendship instead of romance. George george being too old what the hell? age might seem relavant to you because you're in school. once you get past that you work and live with people of many different ages. and it doesn't really matter that much anymore.

If you think a four-year difference is a lot, wait till you read The Immortals....... it also takes place in tortall.
Lenora Of The Mice :mouse: :cheese:

"life sucks, get a fucking helmet"
-Dennis Leary

Ah, the power of cheese

sidhe

Post by sidhe » Mon Mar 3, 23:57 2003

thank you, Lenora, for pointing out that age differences DO become irrelevent once a person is able to look past all that.. and you had a really good point about The Immortals... I'm not trying to sound like a corporate yes-girl or anything, but the romance in that one is one of the sweetest ones I've read.. (well of course it is, look at the age group the books were aimed at.. ^.^) ..besides, Alanna works better as the King's Champion; what would she know of running a country? Thayet, on the other hand, had the skills needed for being a queen. George and Alanna end up loving each other anyway, and the book starts hinting at that towards the end, so hopefully I'm not spoiling too much for anyone.

Have you read the third series written by Tamora Pierce, Protector of the Small? I still haven't bought the final book, but I was pretty happy with the first three. Keladry has her own personailty, the books aren't "magic-less Alanna-clone works through the trials of becoming a knight" which one might have expected. If you haven't read them, I'd reccommend them. ^.^
"Skids, I'm going to be honest. They're cute, they're whimsical. But I have yet to hear of anyone being seduced by a yellow smiley face."

"Mrs. Pac-man."

--Tybalt and Skids, <a href="http://boymeetsboy.keenspace.com">Boy Meets Boy</a>

skeptic320

Post by skeptic320 » Tue Mar 4, 0:09 2003

Alanna didn't want to be queen. It wasn't right for her. Besides, she was the King's Champion. She was Jon's vassal, not really his equal at all. I think George kind of understood her better, too...Jonathon was the responsible one, George and Alanna were more mischievous.
Beyond the suns that guard this roof, beyond your flowers of flaming truths
Beyond your latest ad campaigns
An old man sits collecting stamps, in a room all filled with Chinese lamps
He saves what others throw away, he says that he'll be rich someday.
~Cake

The Shrew

Post by The Shrew » Tue Mar 4, 11:48 2003

Shohuld this be in reviews instead of Ranting? Just a thought.

I do hate it when people tell me the endings of things. Stupidheads.
I am Turc.
I am :fern:'s twin.

Virgin Crew!
:diamond: Hymens are a girls best friend :diamond:

Zorpisuttle

Post by Zorpisuttle » Thu Mar 6, 5:50 2003

I just got halfway through the second book of Song of the Lioness... THANK YOU FOR SPOILING! Oh well... I do it all the time... but only if they say they won't mind spoilers. How about next time you put up a warning that says "SPOILERS INSIDE" and that way people like me can stay away!
Don't make me unlock my word-hoard on you.