buying used books online

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

spacefem

buying used books online

Post by spacefem » Sun Mar 2, 15:09 2003

I've bought a lot of books used off amazon.com, especially when I was in college and could save $30 on a textbook, easily. But recently I've wanted to buy just cheap little paperbacks... mostly old sci-fi titles that I've always wanted to read and such. And it's totally stupid... know why? Shipping.

It doesn't even matter if you buy 37 books from the same seller... amazon.com still charges $3.75 per book or whatever to ship. So I spent forever getting my shopping cart all set up, got to the checkout, and discovered that I was buying $35 worth of books and paying $40 in shipping and handling.

Now is that crap or what?

Other sites seem to do the same thing, and it's really annoying. I guess I'll just browse the dusty shelves of tiny used bookshelves like I always have. Stupid good for nothing internet!

Got Milk?

Post by Got Milk? » Sun Mar 2, 15:52 2003

sometimes places have a thing where like buy 50$ worth and get free shipping. Sometimes.
Moo! I am cow hear me moo! Cats will take over the world. Then i will laugh. :pants: for every one!

tanooki

Post by tanooki » Mon Mar 3, 6:23 2003

i hate buying things on the internet mainly cos i got cheated on when i bought my domain name... damn it!! and now a days with so many hackers and all you dont want your credit card details getting in the wrong hands
who let the dogs out... woof woof woof woof :puppy:

KingTZ

Post by KingTZ » Mon Mar 3, 11:19 2003

My roommate bought all his books online at the beginning of the quarter and I think they arrived in like the 7th week. So yeah.
You might be a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater! [Say it fast]

BanoffeeKitty

Post by BanoffeeKitty » Mon Mar 3, 13:53 2003

Never tried buying used books. I've bought new ones from amazon.co.uk before, though.

Thanks for the warning.
"That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh. Which is it, I wonder?"
-- (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)