Just messed up at the moment

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

A.K.A. Z

Just messed up at the moment

Post by A.K.A. Z » Sun Mar 2, 19:45 2003

Well, I spent the last week at my sister's house, we had a huge icestorm blow in so I was there a little longer than I expected to be, but that wasn't the problem.
My brother-in-law grew up on the streets basically, and he's been through a lot of shit, including a bad crack addiction that almost killed him and almost got him killed simultaneously.
But now he's using it again. My sister and him got into a huge fight, and she destroyed their apartment looking for the stuff, and threw out his breifcase and a toolbox because they were the stash spots he had used.
I even understand why he did it again, it's a relapse, but it still fucks with me. He had stuff going good again, he's started his own repair and contracting service, he was talking about even hiring me, to give me a shot since I couldn't find a job. And then an old friend of his came over, they went into his bedroom while I stayed out in their living room watching my neices. I could smell it, I know what crack smells like (imagine someone farting and then spraying the room with Pam instead of air freshener) but I didn't say anything to him with my neices sitting there. My sister could smell it too when she got home, and that's when the whole thing started.

It just fucks with me though. I didn't speak four words to him the night and today, I had nothing to say. It just fucks with my head, there's no other words to explain.

I'm not really asking for advice or anything, this forum came just in time for me. I just needed to bitch and whine for a minute about it.
"The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us." Foucault

zoe.

Post by zoe. » Sun Mar 2, 19:49 2003

people do stupid things. they should stop it.
i'm not all that cool. but i hope i will be someday.

Zorpisuttle

Post by Zorpisuttle » Sun Mar 2, 19:51 2003

:( I can't offer any constructive advice, but have a freshly baked cookie anyway. :fire::cookie:
Don't make me unlock my word-hoard on you.

spacefem

Post by spacefem » Sun Mar 2, 20:08 2003

disturbing indeed. it's sad to see someone waste their life that way.

tanooki

Post by tanooki » Sun Mar 2, 21:12 2003

reminds me of the movie "requiem for a dream"

sorry to hear that tho Z, i dont have much advice to give on this topic and i know you are not looking for any, but hope you and your sis are ok
who let the dogs out... woof woof woof woof :puppy: