Ouch

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

Enigma

Re: Ouch

Post by Enigma » Fri May 6, 7:01 2016

ladyhawk wrote:I wish that hurting/embarrassing myself happened to be an isolatrd incident.

It's not.

At least it entertains people.
Oh god me too.

Yesterday I tried to adjust my hair and slapped the glasses off my face somehow?? Luckily I also caught them with my other hand? Awkward.
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Gnarlbanya

Post by Gnarlbanya » Mon May 9, 3:37 2016

I have freakishly long second toes (longer than my big toes) and sometimes manage to catch them on the floor at trip over them. It always happens at least once or twice at the start of summer when I start walking around barefoot. It hurts like hell and also makes me feel really stupid, like I should be smart enough to remember how to walk without shoes.

Bork

Post by Bork » Wed Jun 22, 13:06 2016

Excellent, this hasn't been locked.

Totally fucking wiped out yesterday in my kickball game trying to run to first base. Like, it was fucking EPIC. There was dirt all fucking over, and I guess I first landed on my knee because holy fucking hell it's super swollen and hurts. I also scraped my arm and somehow did something to my right pinkie finger - oddly enough, that hurts the least but is the most impressively bruised. So fucking embarrassing.

Same knee, btw, that I hurt when I fell prompting the original post in this thread. Argh.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

rowan

Post by rowan » Wed Jun 22, 19:21 2016

Ow, knees suck.

I was chasing kids in the museum (I was chaperoning) and cornered hard into a table. It wasn't as impressive as the airplane bruise but it was in almost the same location so it sort of added to it for a while.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Wed Jul 20, 0:18 2016

That sucks.

I haven't injured myself at the gym yet. The most painful thing I can think of is tripping on a tree root and landing on another, larger tree root knocking the wind out of me for a good 30 seconds. I guess I'm lucky.
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

Isabella357

Post by Isabella357 » Wed Jul 20, 9:15 2016

When downhill skiing, I was gawking at somebody that had biffed it on the slope thinking of how embarrassing it must be for them, so I didn't take a curve as sharply as I should have. I went off the side of the trail which was a straight drop and ended up with my skis caught in a tree with me dangling upside down for everyone that passed to see. One guy biffed it at the end of the curve for gawking which made me feel slightly better, but it took me awhile to get both boots unclipped and then I had to climb up the tree in heavy boots to retrieve my skis. Took at least 15 or 20 minutes.

I also hit some corners of barrels growing up, so it's nice to hear that I'm not alone in that. I also biffed it in front of a crowd of people while competing in some games with my horse. We were doing this one called Kansas Leadback where you essentially run your horse as fast as it can go to the end of the arena, dismount, and run back while leading your horse. I am not a real great runner or really fast, but my horse was, so I figured we had a chance. I was already dismounted and running back as the other horses arrived, but I fell down in those slippery cowboy boots and got a mouthful of dirt. I didn't catch myself because I had one hand on my hat and the other holding the reins of the horse running behind me. Knocked the wind out of me and really hurt my pride. I did come in fourth despite all that thanks to the horse's lead... hahaha

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Thu Jul 21, 3:31 2016

Isabella357 wrote:When downhill skiing, I was gawking at somebody that had biffed it on the slope thinking of how embarrassing it must be for them, so I didn't take a curve as sharply as I should have. I went off the side of the trail which was a straight drop and ended up with my skis caught in a tree with me dangling upside down for everyone that passed to see. One guy biffed it at the end of the curve for gawking which made me feel slightly better, but it took me awhile to get both boots unclipped and then I had to climb up the tree in heavy boots to retrieve my skis. Took at least 15 or 20 minutes.

I also hit some corners of barrels growing up, so it's nice to hear that I'm not alone in that. I also biffed it in front of a crowd of people while competing in some games with my horse. We were doing this one called Kansas Leadback where you essentially run your horse as fast as it can go to the end of the arena, dismount, and run back while leading your horse. I am not a real great runner or really fast, but my horse was, so I figured we had a chance. I was already dismounted and running back as the other horses arrived, but I fell down in those slippery cowboy boots and got a mouthful of dirt. I didn't catch myself because I had one hand on my hat and the other holding the reins of the horse running behind me. Knocked the wind out of me and really hurt my pride. I did come in fourth despite all that thanks to the horse's lead... hahaha
landing in a tree upside-down sounds really scary:0

I had a big scare horse back-riding once. we were up in a desert town in Canada riding in a rural area by a lake and the horse i was on flipped out, starting galloping in the water toward barbed wire fence extending into the lake. one of the guys we were with helped me get control but i thought he was going to run into the barbed wire and almost peed my pants.lol 8|
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

Madame Athena

Post by Madame Athena » Sun Sep 4, 22:35 2016

I do this thing where you run at a waist height obstacle and leap, put your foot down on it and kick off so you just fly over, and one night I'm walking to the store for groceries, forget that it's slightly rainy, and do the jump. I make it over the thing fine, and land as normal. Unfortunately, I just landed in a tiny layer of slippery mud, so I slip forward in a superman pose and smack on the ground. Right in front of the only two people on the street.

Madame Athena

Post by Madame Athena » Sun Sep 4, 22:36 2016

Oh, and I just ran into a wall once. Looking forward, nothing unusual, but my hair covers my right eye, and in the middle of a busy room just ran right into a wall. Bang.

Bork

Post by Bork » Sun Sep 4, 22:53 2016

Madame Athena wrote:I do this thing where you run at a waist height obstacle and leap, put your foot down on it and kick off so you just fly over
That's a thing you do on purpose? My face would be so broken...
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Madame Athena

Post by Madame Athena » Mon Sep 5, 0:12 2016

Parkour~ :D