Fuck today.

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

Bork

Fuck today.

Post by Bork » Fri Oct 28, 11:11 2016

Today is seriously not my day. I tried to blow dry my hair, because maybe showing up at work every single day with wet hair isn't the most professional thing ever? And now it's frizzy and floofy and stupid and driving me crazy. And still wet because I don't know how to fucking use a hair dryer. Apparently.

And then I was trying to bring milk to work, but the milk I have at home is open so I didn't want to just toss it in my bag and instead put some in a travel thermos and tossed that in my bag. AND THE FUCKING TRAVEL THERMOS LEAKED AND ALL THE MILK SPILLED INTO MY BAG SO I PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE JUST DUMPED IT IN THERE TO START WITH. Milk in my bag, milk in my sunglasses case, milk all over my wallet and headphone case... aaaaaaaand no milk for my coffee.

Both of my fantasy teams are turning into complete disasters. Between injuries and byes, I think I have maybe half a team starting. This is going to be the worst week ever.

Work is kind of fucking overwhelming. I was recently put entirely in charge of this really big project that I had been splitting with someone else, which is nice and exciting, but I'm no longer splitting it because the person I'm splitting it with let things get massively fucking behind. So now I have to try and get things caught up without getting behind in other areas, and without letting my other studies get behind too.

AND EVERYONE IS GETTING MAD AT ME. Jesus CHRIST people. I don't work at the lab, I don't have any control over anything that they do, and I don't have special access to sample statuses or results. Stop harassing me for results, and stop demanding that I get you information. Chill the fuck out. Also, stop asking me dumb questions that are clearly addressed IN THE FUCKING PROTOCOL. READ THE DAMN PROTOCOL AND ASK ME ABOUT THINGS THAT DON'T MAKE SENSE - THERE ARE HELLA THINGS THAT MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE, DON'T WASTE MY TIME BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO FUCKING LAZY TO READ. And stop asking me to confirm this and that. Fuck you. And don't call me and be a condescending fucking asshole. I more than understand what "the tumor was fully removed" means. Maybe try properly punctuating your replies, because "No tumor removed" is really fucking fundamentally different than "No, tumor removed" FUCKING ASSHOLE.

And everything just sucks. I still really like this dude at work, which is fucking ridiculous because he rejected me fucking AGES AND AGES AND AGES AGO and JFC why can't I just let shit go and move on??? But he's just seriously so awesome and funny and smart... but I'm a stupid, fat little shit who spills milk in bag and has dumb frizzy hair, and it's not like he'd ever be interested in me even if we didn't work together.

Since I'm bitching about things that bother me at work, I think it's massively fucked up that cancer patients have to forgo treatment, or discontinue treatment early, because insurance doesn't approve things. Fuck those money-grubbing, heartless assholes.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

DarkOne

Re: Fuck today.

Post by DarkOne » Fri Oct 28, 11:56 2016

Well shit. That just blows all around. You may need to call in the cavalry later today. And by "call in" I mean "order". And by "the cavalry" I mean "shots". Hope you find something disposable you can burn to vent off some from the crapfest of a day you're having.

"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Bork

Post by Bork » Fri Oct 28, 20:04 2016

Aaaaaaaand just dumped my dog's food into his water dish. That I had just filled. It's time for bed so that today can be over.

Nech

Post by Nech » Sat Oct 29, 10:31 2016

Here's what to do with your day:
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

melsbells

Post by melsbells » Sat Oct 29, 10:39 2016

I'm sorry, Bork. Would you like an Internet hug? Because there's a hug here with your name on it.

garbage videos

Post by garbage videos » Sat Oct 29, 15:33 2016

Fuck today?

Truth be told I am a 20-30 year old virgin and I doubt I will even have the ability to fuck today, let alone any day. I will probably die alone in a small compartment somewhere never experiencing what love is like. I rue the day I was ever born.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Sun Oct 30, 7:10 2016

It's two days late and the circumstances you describe still make me angry. Fuck that.

rowan

Post by rowan » Sun Oct 30, 10:57 2016

Ah that is seriously shitty, Bork. :( *hugs*
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

MFS

Post by MFS » Sun Oct 30, 20:42 2016

Bork wrote:AND EVERYONE IS GETTING MAD AT ME.
oh! Can I be mad at you, too!
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie

Rainbow Dolphins

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Mon Oct 31, 1:23 2016

That sounds really stressful and all of that really sucks. Being at the mercy of other people's stupidity is such a frustrating and infuriating experience. It should be obvious to everyone with a brain in their heads that if you don't work in the lab, you have no control over how fast the results come in. When people complain to me or get on my case about things I can't affect, I've started just bluntly saying "I really have no control over that" because how dumb can you be? People with no communication skills who try to make it out that YOU'RE the dumb one suck, also. Just because they know what they mean doesn't mean anyone else knows what the hell they are talking about.

I agree with you that it's fucked that cancer patients can't get the treatment they need because of insurance companies. I can't imagine how anyone can be so heartless as to let people's lives hang in the balance like that. Seriously, fuck those guys.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!

garbage videos

Post by garbage videos » Mon Oct 31, 9:42 2016

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:That sounds really stressful and all of that really sucks. Being at the mercy of other people's stupidity is such a frustrating and infuriating experience. It should be obvious to everyone with a brain in their heads that if you don't work in the lab, you have no control over how fast the results come in. When people complain to me or get on my case about things I can't affect, I've started just bluntly saying "I really have no control over that" because how dumb can you be? People with no communication skills who try to make it out that YOU'RE the dumb one suck, also. Just because they know what they mean doesn't mean anyone else knows what the hell they are talking about.

I agree with you that it's fucked that cancer patients can't get the treatment they need because of insurance companies. I can't imagine how anyone can be so heartless as to let people's lives hang in the balance like that. Seriously, fuck those guys.
I agree. It's like the feeling of being too poor to afford a car, so you find yourself riding in someone else's car. And there is an active volcano erupting and they are driving 40 miles per hour the bare minimum of the speed limit. And you yell at them to go faster and they won't go faster, they are absorbed with the dogma of obeying the exact rules of the speed limit and it is that overwhelming feeling of your life being in the hands of an idiot. And your entire fate and well-being being wholly determined by some idiot. And that is what bothers me about human society.

Bork

Post by Bork » Mon Oct 31, 11:03 2016

MFS wrote:

Totes, join the club! I think they're making shirts.

MFS

Post by MFS » Mon Oct 31, 19:30 2016

Bork wrote:
MFS wrote:

Totes, join the club! I think they're making shirts.
SHIRTS?!?!?!?!? aw hellz yeah!
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie

Bork

Post by Bork » Wed Nov 2, 13:52 2016

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

IF I GET ONE MORE PERSON CALL AND ASK A QUESTION AND THEN ASK ME TO FOLLOW UP VIA EMAIL FOR CONFIRMATION I AM GOING TO FUCKING LOSE IT. FOR FUCK'S SAKE PEOPLE. IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE A WHINY PISS BABY WHO NEEDS WRITTEN CONFIRMATION FOR EVERY FUCKING LITTLE TINY THING, JUST FUCKING EMAIL ME FIRST. DON'T WASTE MY DAMN TIME WITH A PHONE CALL AND THEN AN EMAIL. ALSO JUST GO FUCK YOURSELF.

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Wed Nov 2, 13:56 2016

Bork wrote:RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

IF I GET ONE MORE PERSON CALL AND ASK A QUESTION AND THEN ASK ME TO FOLLOW UP VIA EMAIL FOR CONFIRMATION I AM GOING TO FUCKING LOSE IT. FOR FUCK'S SAKE PEOPLE. IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE A WHINY PISS BABY WHO NEEDS WRITTEN CONFIRMATION FOR EVERY FUCKING LITTLE TINY THING, JUST FUCKING EMAIL ME FIRST. DON'T WASTE MY DAMN TIME WITH A PHONE CALL AND THEN AN EMAIL. ALSO JUST GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Would "Sure, just email me a summary of our conversation and I'll confirm via reply. Have a nice day. [Hangup]" fly?
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Bork

Post by Bork » Wed Nov 2, 14:05 2016

Hmmmm. That probably would, actually... I am definitely going to try that next time, because I can totally just email someone back and be like "yep, that's what I said." But I think what really bothers me is that it's just such a copout and deferring of responsibility.

It's also annoying as fuck when people email me about something, then call before I have time to respond, and then still expect an email back. Like, pick one or the other. Please only harass me about something ONCE.

rowan

Post by rowan » Wed Nov 2, 20:16 2016

That's not a cop-out, it's making them summarize the work you just did in explaining things.

As anyone who teaches knows, doing that will make it stick in their heads longer. ;) So really it's good teaching theory.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Sun Nov 13, 16:56 2016

*many many squishy big hugs for you*

Screw everyone else. Get a drink. :)
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.