Yuck Yuck Yuck

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

lexiewalt

Yuck Yuck Yuck

Post by lexiewalt » Fri Jan 13, 6:53 2017

A man on the bus this morning gave up his seat for me - OK I thought maybe he's just an old fashioned "gent" - but then he stood over me STARING yes STARING at my cleavage. Every time I looked he looked away. I wasn't on there long so got up to get off and accidentally on purpose pushed him as the bus jolted. But my main reason for saying this - other than just expressing myself ---------aaaargh!! -------- is to warn other girls and women of how men are NOT gentlemen anymore. OK you knew that!

Sonic#

Re: Yuck Yuck Yuck

Post by Sonic# » Fri Jan 13, 7:59 2017

That really sucks. My condolences.

The other day a man at a bus stop asked if my partner was (1) married, (2) happy, and (3) willing to sell her hair for $1,000.

Taurwen

Post by Taurwen » Fri Jan 13, 19:23 2017

I'd sell my hair for 1000 dollars

octarineoboe

Post by octarineoboe » Fri Jan 13, 19:23 2017

wow, Sonic, that's a new one. On the other hand that's something I might actually say yes to if someone really had the cash on the spot to give me.

lexiewalt

Post by lexiewalt » Sat Jan 14, 5:35 2017

I hope she told him she was happily married to someone less nosey than him!
But it's all so disrespectful isn't it? What right do they have to belittle us by staring at our bodies or asking indignant questions? And why do they assume that they DO have the right?
A couple of years ago a boy I'd never seen before actually said to me "I hope you don't me saying so but you've got lovely tits". WTF? Had he been brought up to believe that he could say anything if he was polite about it?

Unvoiced_Apollo

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Sat Jan 14, 6:44 2017

lexiewalt wrote:A man on the bus this morning gave up his seat for me - OK I thought maybe he's just an old fashioned "gent" - but then he stood over me STARING yes STARING at my cleavage. Every time I looked he looked away. I wasn't on there long so got up to get off and accidentally on purpose pushed him as the bus jolted. But my main reason for saying this - other than just expressing myself ---------aaaargh!! -------- is to warn other girls and women of how men are NOT gentlemen anymore. OK you knew that!
I take offence to that last sentiment. But I am.sorry there are so many out there like that.

SpicyX

Post by SpicyX » Sat Jan 14, 13:47 2017

There are plenty of genuinely good guys out there. My husband is one of them. But there are also a lot of creeps. If I'm in a situation like that in public, and someone is doing something very obviously harrassing, I call them out on it.

But it is also wise to be protective of yourself... I carry a Glock 19 Gen 3 concealed. It's unmodified and technically illegal in California where I live, but no cop I have ever talked to has said they would ever do anything about that. I think it's good that the police aren't very likely to enforce those kinds of laws.
Join the feminism voice chat! Download the open source mumble client and connect to:
mumble-us.cleanvoice.ru 50688

lexiewalt

Post by lexiewalt » Sat Jan 14, 16:41 2017

Good for you SpicyX!

SpicyX

Post by SpicyX » Sat Jan 14, 16:51 2017

Thanks! ^_^ I would recommend that women get firearms and learn how to use them effectively. They don't them the great equalizer for nothing.
Join the feminism voice chat! Download the open source mumble client and connect to:
mumble-us.cleanvoice.ru 50688

Taurwen

Post by Taurwen » Sun Jan 15, 7:51 2017

That is terrifying to me.

Nech

Post by Nech » Sun Jan 15, 16:33 2017

Taurwen wrote:That is terrifying to me.
Yeah...thank god concealed carry isn't as big a thing in Canada. Guns are just too dangerous for the mass populace when even educated/trained/careful owners die to their own weapons. :|
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

Murtlap

Post by Murtlap » Wed Jan 18, 5:18 2017

oh gosh why such perverts exist

lexiewalt

Post by lexiewalt » Thu Jan 19, 13:48 2017

Thx Murtlap - unfortunately they do!