Pneumonia

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

Sonic#

Pneumonia

Post by Sonic# » Fri Mar 31, 13:58 2017

The only thread where heavy breathing is just, well, a state of being.

I was diagnosed today. I'm set up to ride out the weekend in a few comfy chairs around the apartment. I'm trying to look on the bright side, which is that I know what it is now and I could be better soon. I hope so; this has been kicking my ass in some form or another for the past *10* days. (Had sinus headache Wednesday, drainage Thursday and Friday, that wrote the rest into my lungs.)

But right. The bright side. In ranting. Share tea recipes? (I've got lemon and ginger ready this weekend, as well as honey.) Pneumonia stories?

rowan

Re: Pneumonia

Post by rowan » Fri Mar 31, 15:24 2017

Ugh I hope you have some kickass antibiotics that make all the things better. Pneumonia sucks.

I have some nice herbal tea that a friend gave me that's delicious but I have no idea what's in it?
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Bork

Post by Bork » Fri Mar 31, 19:16 2017

Oh yikes!! On the bright side: good excuse to lounge in comfy chairs?
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Tweek

Post by Tweek » Sun Apr 2, 11:36 2017

That sucks; I hope you recover soon :)
ARG!!! I NEED COFFEE!!!

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Tue Apr 4, 6:56 2017

Ugh. Did the antibiotics work? Are your days of lounging in comfy chairs with a good excuse over? Hope you're on the mend.
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Tue Apr 4, 8:46 2017

Today's my first day back to work. I've still got a cough (which is good for clearing my lungs of the remaining gurk), but I really am doing so much better. I can breathe again!

Eravial

Post by Eravial » Tue Apr 4, 12:38 2017

Yay! I had a super persistent case of (walking) pneumonia last summer. I kept working after the initial couple days of lousiness, but I felt so bad for the labmates who had to hear me hack all day for like three weeks. That was also when I found out that the cough suppressant ingredient of cough medicine interacts with another medication I started taking about a year ago, which resulted in an unexpectedly Robo-trippy evening one night while I was trying to write a report. Reading that report the next day was the most hilarious thing because I sounded like a fifth grader trying to write a science paper.
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with possibility

sadsmile123

Post by sadsmile123 » Mon Apr 17, 7:50 2017

Hi! I'm sorry to hear about your condition, and hope you get well soon. I personally like yogi tea, which uses orange peels and ayurvedic spices like cinnamon, ginger and cardamom. Since you said you like ginger, maybe you like this, too. It has a quite spicy flavour and there are many variations out there.

Aum

Post by Aum » Mon Apr 17, 10:02 2017

I use home made elderberry syrup to treat this. It's more effective than antibiotics most of the time. Better for the viral version though.

I've been reading a book about viruses over the past few days, and currently reading the big section on the 1918 flu pandemic. The statistic is that 1 in 3 people caught it, and it went everywhere except a small island off the coast of Brazil. Scary stuff.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.