My husband left me

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

lillerina

My husband left me

Post by lillerina » Wed Jun 7, 13:45 2017

Yeah, see the title. It sucks. It sucks that a relationship I thought was so strong and solid crumbled so easily when another woman crooked her finger at him. It sucks that I had uprooted my life to move to be with him and then he announced that he doesn't love me any more. It sucks that I feel so humiliated by this. It sucks that now I have to face the prospect of dating again while being a sober, 27 year old queer divorcee. It fucking sucks.

It's been nearly 3 months now and it still sucks. I'm not crying every day any more, but it's horrible.

He actively pushed away a spacefemmer friend of mine because he was jealous of our friendship, and then he did this. Men are the worst*.

*This is emphatically not the thread for any manner of 'not all men' conversation. Just don't.
If I bang my head against a brick wall five times and get five lumps, why am I surprised when I bang it a sixth time and get a sixth lump?

"Isn't it funny that the only time your race or gender is questioned is when you're not a white man?" - Wanda Sykes

Bork

Re: My husband left me

Post by Bork » Wed Jun 7, 14:44 2017

What the FUCK, dude???? That is massively fucked up of him. It is inconceivable to treat someone like that, and I am so sorry that you're having to go through this. Fuck his fucking bullshit.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

octarineoboe

Post by octarineoboe » Wed Jun 7, 15:39 2017

Oh lillerina I am so, so very sorry. I am also a few months out from a major breakup and i am in 800% agreement that men are the worst. I wish I had something more substantive to say but, yeah, it just sucks so much, and fuck him, and I'm sorry and I'm sending all the virtual spacefemmer love I can imagine. And that's a lot, I am very imaginative.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Wed Jun 7, 15:45 2017

Shit. What Bork said, and also shit.

I'm sending respect and good thoughts your way. If there's anything else you need to say, I'm happy to listen.

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Wed Jun 7, 15:56 2017

Well Shit.

Shit. Shit.

If you're into virtual hugs from quasi-stranger femmer semi-n00bs, a virtual mega hug for you. Or we can break stuff.

Anywho. Shit. I hope every day gets a little bit less sucky.
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Eravial

Post by Eravial » Wed Jun 7, 16:42 2017

Oh lilly, I'm so sorry. Fuck him!! That is so much bullshit and so, so opposite of what you deserve. You are so strong and I know you will heal, but it sucks so much that you have to go through this. Take care <3.
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with possibility

Storage and Disposal

Post by Storage and Disposal » Wed Jun 7, 16:48 2017

Yeah, that's terrible.
"He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world." - Dr. Mungmung

melsbells

Post by melsbells » Thu Jun 8, 2:30 2017

I'm so sorry lillerina. Whatever you need, we'll be here.

rowan

Post by rowan » Fri Jun 9, 7:26 2017

OMFG I am so sorry that is horrible!

You are awesome, he's an asshole, and you deserve hella better than that. *hugs*
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Fri Jun 9, 9:48 2017

Oh no! I am so so so sorry. :( Many internet hugs and love coming your way. If you want to meet and break stuff together, I shall be in Scotland during the first week of Fringe. And I'm not an axe murderer. Rowan and Charli! can attest to that :P

This is for him: :kkf:
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

lillerina

Post by lillerina » Fri Jun 9, 16:46 2017

Thanks guys. I feel really supported. I've been doing a lot of crying today - there are good days and bad days - remembering all the good things that won't happen again. Even the mediocre things that won't happen again, like me having to make a list of what I want for my birthday and list exactly where to get everything. The silly in-jokes. The word play. The snuggling.

I'm also really scared that nobody else will ever find me lovable or attractive and that this means I'm doomed to be alone forever. That bit is particularly hard today.
If I bang my head against a brick wall five times and get five lumps, why am I surprised when I bang it a sixth time and get a sixth lump?

"Isn't it funny that the only time your race or gender is questioned is when you're not a white man?" - Wanda Sykes

rowan

Post by rowan » Sat Jun 10, 21:24 2017

*hugs* Take the time to grieve, that's important.

More :kkf: for him

I do attest that Nachos is not an axe murderer, and not only that is very fun to hang out with.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Tweek

Post by Tweek » Wed Jun 14, 9:39 2017

I'm really sorry to hear that Lilly; I hope things start to improve for you soon.
ARG!!! I NEED COFFEE!!!

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Sun Jun 18, 17:52 2017

*more hugs for you today*
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

MFS

Post by MFS » Mon Jun 19, 21:43 2017

:(
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie

Aum

Post by Aum » Tue Jun 20, 14:09 2017

Lil, I'm so sorry to hear about this. If it's any consolation, you're not the only one experiencing this right now. My partner, who was so full of promises and hopes in the beginning, is leaving me too. My frustration is the lack of staying power. It's like these guys can't see through their own desire, or at least talk things out so that they can work. The human heart is a complicated thing. :(

I also feel your pain about the little losses... like the inside jokes, the vocab we came up with together that nobody else understands, our silly exclusive rituals. You know, the things that made it unique and special.

You'll be loved again. You're 27 and an awesome human being. The best is yet to come.

(Sorry if this counts as unsolicited advice. I just feel compassion for you.)
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

Charli!

Post by Charli! » Thu Jun 22, 13:35 2017

Oh I'm so sorry :( *hugs*

And, though we never tested this with any axes, I concur that Nachos is not an axe murderer. Me neither, last time I checked.

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Fri Jul 21, 4:02 2017

that's awful.
:gf: :devil: :syringe: