light hearted bitch-post.

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

rowan

Re: light hearted bitch-post.

Post by rowan » Tue Mar 20, 21:01 2018

I ate too many Cadbury mini eggs and I have regrets and I'll do it again tomorrow I'm sure
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Wed Mar 21, 6:19 2018

Mordak wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 0:12 2018
Cheers, now I'm aware of the fact you can get blisters on your eyeballs :(

Feel better soon!
Thanks. Going back in today after a call back to get re-checked to make sure I don't have a detached retina in one spot. FML.
rowan wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 21:01 2018
I ate too many Cadbury mini eggs and I have regrets and I'll do it again tomorrow I'm sure
Gah. Reminds me, I need to stop buying white chocolate bars "for the kids"...

On a side mini rant: Why do grocery stores insist on pricing a 12-pk for $6.92 and a 24-pk for $13.96??? I guess if they can get away with it, more power to them, but it makes it more work for me. And ugh. At least they've started putting the price per unit next to the total price on the shelves, and those are mostly correctly calculated...
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Wed Mar 21, 7:10 2018

^ They mathed that poorly.

I'm annoyed that I was asked to remove all my books from my bag going through security. I then was stopped and searched anyway because folders with paper apparently count as books. As my bag was being searched, I was asked whether I had anything sharp in the bag. "You might get a paper cut" did not pass through my lips.

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Wed Mar 21, 7:20 2018

Sonic# wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 7:10 2018
I'm annoyed that I was asked to remove all my books from my bag going through security. I then was stopped and searched anyway because folders with paper apparently count as books. As my bag was being searched, I was asked whether I had anything sharp in the bag. "You might get a paper cut" did not pass through my lips.
Aren't you glad you didn't have your conceal-a-shiv-cutout book on you???

Gots coffee taste and no minty gum at my desk. Yuck. I think I have a toothbrush/toothpaste somewhere...
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

rowan

Post by rowan » Wed Mar 21, 9:17 2018

You're not the first academic I've heard that happen to...

so how do you even get a blister on your eyeball anyway? good luck with not having a detached retina :(

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Thu Mar 22, 2:52 2018

Bitching about my brother-in-law. Sick of him and how my side of the family fawns over him, pretty jealous tbqf. I wish I could waltz into a family and everyone would kiss my ass. Events get canceled because he has work and I have plans one day of the week and they don't mind if I don't show up. Fuck them.
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Thu Mar 22, 5:04 2018

geldofc wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2:52 2018
Bitching about my brother-in-law. Sick of him and how my side of the family fawns over him, pretty jealous tbqf. I wish I could waltz into a family and everyone would kiss my ass. Events get canceled because he has work and I have plans one day of the week and they don't mind if I don't show up. Fuck them.
Well that's a big bag of F'd up. Call them out on it: How come you reschedule for X, but ignore me? Is it because work outweighs life? Just curious to see what their reasoning is...
rowan wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 9:17 2018
so how do you even get a blister on your eyeball anyway? good luck with not having a detached retina :(
They're not sure what causes Central Serous Chorioretinopathy; risk factors are being a dude (90% of cases), steroid use (goodbye Flonase), and stress... At least it doesn't look like my retina detached - yay!

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Thu Mar 22, 16:08 2018

I did a half-ass callout but didn't really get anywhere, ended up changing my plans. Next time I'll do a more direct callout since it will probably happen again.

rowan

Post by rowan » Thu Mar 22, 16:21 2018

DarkOne wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 5:04 2018
At least it doesn't look like my retina detached - yay!
That's good!!
geldofc wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 16:08 2018
I did a half-ass callout but didn't really get anywhere, ended up changing my plans. Next time I'll do a more direct callout since it will probably happen again.
That totally sucks. Grrr.

I apparently am Getting Old and At My Age need to get bifocals. Grump.

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Thu Mar 22, 16:47 2018

Good to hear about your eye!! Omg.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Thu Mar 29, 8:02 2018

I got into an internet conversation:

I posted
Someone replied
I replied with a question
Someone else replied answering the question on their behalf
I answered explaining where I was coming from with my question
Said someone else accused me of a superiority complex because I didn't agree with their terms

It went downhill from there. I tried explaining myself, I kept getting attacked, and so I left the discussion by wishing them a good day.

Then they replied attacking me again.
So I wished them well.
They replied again with another attack.
I sent them good will.

And so on and so on. I wish I could explain to them that most of their accusations apply to their own posts, and these attacks aren't going to get them anywhere. But given what happened the first time, I'm just going to let them accuse me of trolling and continue replying with non sequitur kindness. I really did (and do) wish them well. Also, I get a mischievous itch in me when I sense someone wants to have the last word.

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Sun Apr 8, 16:33 2018

I'm just sad and anxious all the time :(
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

rowan

Post by rowan » Mon Apr 9, 12:18 2018

*hug*

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Mon Apr 16, 6:51 2018

Nachos wrote:
Sun Apr 8, 16:33 2018
I'm just sad and anxious all the time :(
How 'ya feelin'? Hope it's a sunny day for you!

Me, I'm annoyed because I needed to hem some jeans yesterday, and I got out my sewing machine only to find out that the thing was all but seized. Blerh. I do like the old-fashioned shop where I get its tune-ups (which clearly I don't get often enough.) Yay for hand-stitched hems! -_-

On a lighter note, I just got an email that a $20 rebate I submitted about a week after its "Submit by" date has been approved and is in the mail. Fingers crossed that it's not an error.
Last edited by DarkOne on Mon Apr 16, 8:58 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Mon Apr 16, 7:42 2018

Yay $20!

I'm silently judging the people eating next to me for calling people who don't drink losers.

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Tue May 1, 5:37 2018

Dear Auto-flushing toilet: Why are you a thing? And why are you so splashy? And aren't you just enabling non-flushers' gross and WRONG choices? Yes, I know I can just cover you up with some tissue and disable you, but sometimes, that's just not my priority. End of rant.

Bork

Post by Bork » Tue May 1, 18:22 2018

Ewwwwwwwww splashy toilets are so gross. And why are auto-flushing toilets either INCREDIBLY ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT FLUSHING or completely unresponsive??? I'm not a huge fan, although I also don't like that people step all over the flusher things on self-flush toilets.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear: