Knee

Bitching, whining, complaining, and general negativity

Moderator: Bork

Bork

Knee

Post by Bork » Mon Apr 9, 10:07 2018

My knee is super fucked up. I was playing right field in softball, and when I went to throw the ball back in I planted my left foot towards one direction and then I think I twisted and ended up throwing in a bit of a different direction. I'm honestly not sure where the ball ended up because I fucking collapsed after that. It was awful. I had to hop off the field and then my boyfriend and a guy from my team had to carry me back to the dugout. Such a stupid way to get hurt, not even making an awesome play or anything like that.

It hurts really really really badly. I can't straighten it or bend it fully, it's just kind of stuck in a partially bent position. And the pain radiates up and down my leg and I couldn't really sleep and whyyyyyyyyy did I throw away the rest of the percocet from when I broke my finger last year?? Advil is fucking useless.

And I can't even go see my doctor. I have shit insurance that I got through the open market (THANKS A LOT PAUL RYAN AND MITCH MCCONNELL FUCK YOU BOTH) and she's not a covered provider and apparently I can't make an appointment at the nearest covered place until the 18th. The nearest urgent care place doesn't open until 6pm, which feels like FOREVER from now.

This is so frustrating. I hate not being able to move and go places and being in pain really sucks. I have to hobble around with one of my snowshoe poles, which isn't quite as effective or helpful as I thought it would be. I'm hungry and I want coffee but I don't know if I can stand long enough for those things to happen. Plus I'm supposed to be elevating my knee above my heart - have you guys ever tried that? It's really not comfortable, and my couch isn't big enough for me to lay down on so I'd either have to lie down in bed or on the floor, except that lying down in bed last night was impossible.

This sucks. Knees are the worst, and being old blows.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

rowan

Re: Knee

Post by rowan » Mon Apr 9, 12:17 2018

knees are the WORST I'm sorry :( :( (why aren't there coffee trucks that will brign you coffee)
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

melsbells

Post by melsbells » Mon Apr 9, 13:20 2018

I'm so sorry Bork. Knees ARE the worst. Would a tennis ball on the bottom of the pole help, or is it more of a height problem?

Bork

Post by Bork » Mon Apr 9, 16:52 2018

It’s more of a handle problem - it’s got a vertical handle instead of curved so there’s not a surface I can really push down on. Urgent care opens in two hours and eight minutes and hopefully they’ll be able to set me up with crutches and drugs.

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Wed Apr 11, 23:20 2018

Sorry, sending good wishes that your knee heals fast! :blob2:
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

Bork

Post by Bork » Sun Apr 15, 13:05 2018

This is so fucking annoying. My stupid knee is still not better. I can sort of hobble around if I walk very, very carefully and even then it still hurts. I have crutches now, which makes getting around easier but holy shit they're tiring. I can't fully straighten or bend my knee, and it still massively hurts if I accidentally twist it, which happens more often than I'd like it to. Sleeping is also very difficult, since I can't be on my back because my leg doesn't straighten fully and every time I move I have to adjust the pillow I'm using for my knee.