A new Member! :)

Say hello and shake our hands

Moderators: cwbyrvr, Nachos

Kanaria

A new Member! :)

Post by Kanaria » Tue May 23, 11:53 2017

Hello :)
First i'd like to introduce myself, i'm Kanaria and 25 years old. I'm from germany so you may excuse
any spelling and or grammatical errors. But of course i'll always appreciate being corrected.
I'm studying computer science and am currently in my second semester. It is pretty though especially
if you're the only female but i still have a lot of fun learning all about it. Other than that i enjoy digital
drawing and reading.

Your username, nicknames, how to pronounce it: Kanaria kahnahria i guess? :) i have this username
almost anywhere and i took it from the japanese word for Canary bird, short Kana
Educational Status: Hopefully bachelor of applied sciences soon :)
Favorite color: Green
Favorite animal: everything fluffy
Favorite food: Curry
If you are wearing pants, please describe them: hum, they're green and uh have some holes in it. :)
Did you find the FAQ link? yes

It's my first time in a Forum, i hope to have a lot of interesting conversations here :)

Cheers, Kana

rowan

Re: A new Member! :)

Post by rowan » Tue May 23, 12:01 2017

Welcome! I've been to part of Germany and enjoyed visiting. I'd like to see the other parts someday!

Do you speak Japanese? Also, what kinds of curry do you like?

As a woman in physics I hear ya, find women to support you from other departments!
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Kanaria

Post by Kanaria » Tue May 23, 12:10 2017

Thanks!
And that's really nice to hear, in what part of Germany were you? :) if you're interested in it i can really
recommend visiting some of our castles for your next visit.

And sadly i don't speak much Japanese, i can merely introduce myself haha. The Japanese classes were
shut down after the first semester because of lack of interest. Tough i'm thinking about joining the Italy
or Russian class in the future :)
I prefer red thai curry, but one can make my day with almost any of those recipes :)

Yeah, i thought about finding someone from other departments, i'll just have to build up some
courage to start a conversation haha.

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Tue May 23, 12:49 2017

Welcome! I remember one time in college we were two months into the semester before I realized I was the only female in an engineering class I was taking (and only because it was pointed out to me)! I guess I was fortunate that my environment was such that I did not feel excluded. Or maybe I was so used to it that I stopped noticing.

Are there many student organizations at your educational institution? Maybe there are groups where you can find others with common interests, including other women in related fields, like Rowan suggested.

In any case, I'm glad you found this forum. Don't be afraid to initiate the conversation in any topic particularly interesting to you!
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

rowan

Post by rowan » Tue May 23, 13:40 2017

I was in Berlin and then we went down to Bavaria as well. That was tough for me because I don't speak German but my husband does so he'd have these conversations and I'd be like ummmmmmmmmm and then he'd just tell me the gist of it afterwards :lol:

There were only two of us in my cohort, but the classes above and below me were pretty close to parity, which was nice. Very different in grad school later. Are there any clubs that you can join? We had a women in physics group, and also there's the society of women engineers and several other groups, though I think those are US based.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Tue May 23, 18:32 2017

Wilkommen! Welcome to the spacefem forums!

What is your favourite fluffy creature? I'm quite partial to fluffy cats.

I hope you enjoy yourself here! :)
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Kanaria

Post by Kanaria » Wed May 24, 3:15 2017

Such a nice welcome! :)
@DarkOne: That sounds really awesome, first thing i heard on the first day "oooooh a girl!" ^^'
Sadly there aren't exactly any groups like that but today i found out that in our "college club"
there's a board game night every week, so i guess i'll check that out :)

Rowan: aww sadly i haven't been to Berlin yet, but i lived most of my life in Bavaria :)
The only club would be playing volleyball i guess :/ it's a really small college with only about 2500
students so there isn't much to do and most people here are uh party people, and that is not really
my thing :c

Nachos: Dankeschön, Thanks! :)
My favourite fluffy animals are cats i guess,i have two of them :) the shiba inu from my parents is
too precious as well though haha

rinn

Post by rinn » Wed May 24, 11:23 2017

hi there Kana, welcome to the forums! cool to find another artist here. what kind of digital art do you create?

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Wed May 24, 13:53 2017

Welcome to the board Kanaria!