Hello to all, New Here

Say hello and shake our hands

Moderators: cwbyrvr, Nachos

Cuevas4676

Hello to all, New Here

Post by Cuevas4676 » Thu Jun 29, 22:17 2017

Hey, I just joined to see what this is all about. I saw the "read this first" post so here's some info about me...

Your username, nicknames, how to pronounce it: Username is Cuevas4676 and my real name is Cecilia.
Occupation/Potential Occupation: I'm an educational administrator. I currently work as a principal of a tiny alternative high school. We educate young people that other schools have deemed as "problem kids." Our students are awesome and headstrong and I love my job. I've been in education for about 9 years.
Educational Status: I have a BA and MA in English, and a MA in educational administration. I studied English and specialized in Ethnic Literature. I taught for a few years and then went back to become an administrator.
Notable Hobbies: I play the piano, paint and write music. I also started making jewelry recently. I can't stop. I opened an Etsy shop to try and sell my creations but it's not taking off really. If anyone has any feedback or advice for me my stuff can be found at
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtesaniaAmericana
Favorite Website/Blog: Hmmm. Don't really have one.
Favorite color: Yellow
Favorite animal: Elephant
Favorite food: Pickles
If you are wearing pants, please describe them: Black yoga pants with paint all over them.
What brought you to spacefem/how'd you find us? Don't even remember, some random thing I clicked on.
Did you find the FAQ link? Yes

Cuevas4676

Re: Hello to all, New Here

Post by Cuevas4676 » Thu Jun 29, 22:22 2017

Also I'm about to take a road trip this weekend, and could use a good book recommendation. Some of my favorite authors are Jhumpa Lahiri, Margaret Atwood, and James Baldwin, just to name a few.

MFS

Post by MFS » Thu Jun 29, 22:28 2017

pickles??? I'm sorry... we cannot be friends. However, one of my kids would be ok with your love of pickles.
It's a big world, and it never stays the same.
:spork: :apple: OMG I LOOOVES TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!!
squeaky: you can take my base, but you can never take my pie

Bork

Post by Bork » Fri Jun 30, 12:34 2017

Welcome! I'm glad you found us, you seem pretty cool. Your jewelry is really nice! Where do you get the beads/stones/etc for what you make?
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Cuevas4676

Post by Cuevas4676 » Sat Jul 1, 5:29 2017

Thanks!!! I get them from a variety of places. sometimes the local craft store, online venues, directly from handmade makers too. It's definitely not an organized process and it involves a lot of impulse buying.

Galen

Post by Galen » Mon Jul 3, 9:17 2017

Hi and welcome! I just re-read The Bone People by Keri Hulme and was once again amazed at what a great book it is. It might be a little too intense for light summer reading, but I recommend it every chance I get to anyone who'll listen!

Cuevas4676

Post by Cuevas4676 » Mon Jul 3, 13:21 2017

Looks good, I will check it out. Thanks

Cuevas4676

Post by Cuevas4676 » Tue Aug 1, 8:19 2017

Thanks for that recommendation!!! Love it