Um... Hi. (insert shy waving here)

Say hello and shake our hands

Moderators: cwbyrvr, Nachos

Zzz

Um... Hi. (insert shy waving here)

Post by Zzz » Fri Sep 29, 22:42 2017

I'm not very good at introductions like this. Generally, I'm just not very good at talking to new people or describing myself in general. So I'm just going with what was recommended regarding what to write. (After thought edit: this recommended form is kind of fun.)

Your username, nicknames, how to pronounce it: Zzz (pronounce this by sticking your tongue out between your lips and blowing)
Occupation/Potential Occupation: Grocery store "team member" (i.e. I do grunt work)
Educational Status: High school graduate, informal jack of all trades
Notable Hobbies: Cooking, writing, reading, horror (films and literature), collecting Halloween masks and decorations, collecting rubber ducks, vaping (No, I'm not one of "those" guys. I find them insufferable. But please do ask about my feelings on the problems of vape culture.)
Favorite Website/Blog: Wikipedia. I could get lost on that site for hours.
Favorite color: Green
Favorite animal: Bats. The cutest string of words in the English language: baby bat burrito. Seriously, google it if you don't already know what I'm talking about.
Favorite food: Don't really have one.
If you are wearing pants, please describe them: Blue jeans, Wrangler brand, regular fit, size 40X30, somewhat clawed up by my cat who has mild cerebellar hypoplasia and needs to rely on her claws for climbing into my lap more than other cats would.
What brought you to spacefem/how'd you find us? I googled "feminist forum". I am seeking advice about a personal issue, and I feel a feminist perspective from people who can remain outside of the matter would be most useful. Learning about feminism has helped me with some personal matters in the past. I think I will want to wait two months to post about that, however. I am absolutely certain I won't find cause to post 256 times before two months is up because I am not that social, but this issue is that important that I can wait two months.
Did you find the FAQ link? Yes, and I read it thoroughly.

rowan

Re: Um... Hi. (insert shy waving here)

Post by rowan » Sat Sep 30, 10:38 2017

Welcome, here is your introductory :moose: and an extra :ducky: since you like them. What kind of ducks have you collected?

Bats are awesome. If you're on twitter you can follow @bat_rates for bat pictures :D

I'd be curious about your experiences with vape culture, that might be a good topic for the Random forum.
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Zzz

Post by Zzz » Sun Oct 1, 3:23 2017

Thank you for the moose and the duck. Much appreciated. I actually have a moose duck in my collection. The new additions will be in good company. I collect any kind of rubber duck I find amusing, but I prefer devil ducks, as this relates to an old screen name I used to go by as a joke. I used to call myself the lord of evil rubber duckies. I had even created a devil horned duckie as a signature image. I just liked how silly and absurd it sounded. I later discovered that devil duckies are a real thing. It just kind of ballooned into this thing where I collect rubber ducks to continue the silliness. I have pirate ducks, a ninja duck, various holiday ducks, wedding ducks. The list goes on.

I am not on twitter, but I will gladly look at any bat pictures you'd like to direct me to.

I might actually post about vaping in the random forum. It would be nice to have a conversation about the problems in vape culture without a bunch of overly defensive people giving knee-jerk reactions.

octarineoboe

Post by octarineoboe » Sun Oct 1, 20:51 2017

welcome! that is one of the most detailed pants descriptions I've ever seen someone post, well done! :w00t:

What's the most interesting thing you've cooked recently?

Zzz

Post by Zzz » Mon Oct 2, 0:49 2017

Thank you. I hoped my very detailed description would amuse someone.

Probably the most interesting and fun thing I've cooked recently was gumbo for my friend Ava and I to share while we watched an anime film she had suggested. It was chicken and andouille gumbo, except I used quinoa instead of the traditional rice (I kind of have a weird thing about rice). It was delicious, though it would have been better if I had been able to grill the andouille and chicken. It also would have been better if I had started it earlier in the day and not made my friend sit around waiting for me to finish cooking, leading me to rush through it somewhat.

Bork

Post by Bork » Mon Oct 2, 13:07 2017

Hi there, and welcome! Very good introduction post, those can be a bit difficult.
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Mon Oct 2, 18:09 2017

Hi there, welcome to the spacefem forums! Very good introduction post!
Tell me more about your cat! What are you currently reading?
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Zzz

Post by Zzz » Mon Oct 2, 22:07 2017

Thank you Bork and Nachos. :) (I love how that sentence would appear to someone if they had no context for it.)

My cat's name is Sonja. She's got brown and orange fur, she's about four years old, and she frequently sticks her tongue out. She always greets me when I come home from work, and she likes to show her affection by licking me. If I try to move my hand while she's licking it, she grabs it with her claws and won't let go. She's afraid of strangers, I think because for the first couple years after I got her I didn't live with anyone else. She does warm up to people when she's been exposed to them enough. She also seems to be able to sense when I'm about to wake up, because she comes over to me and starts tapping me for attention. I also call her my vicious little jungle huntress, because she likes to hunt bugs.

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Wed Oct 11, 12:44 2017

Your cat sounds adooooorable! I used to have a cat when I was smaller but she was certainly not cuddly. She did hunt lizards though!
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Wed Nov 8, 13:51 2017

hello Zzz! i love HORROR and cats.
:gf: :devil: :syringe: