The Bridge - Iain Banks

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

BanoffeeKitty

The Bridge - Iain Banks

Post by BanoffeeKitty » Fri Feb 28, 4:31 2003

I got this book from a friend, who got it cheap somewhere random. Desparate for something to read, I swallowed all the books she gave me straight away, and came across this one in the pile. I'd never actually heard of the author before, but, always up for something new, decided to try it out.

The book is written through the eyes of a man, who, lying in a coma after a car accident, finds himself in a different, surreal world, with no memory of his past.

While perhaps not for some of the younger members (Yes, I know I'm one of them..), this is an extremely well written and interesting read. Banks creates vivid characters and places, and I really enjoy his writing style - intelligent, thought provoking, witty, and sometimes a little sad; I was hooked. If you want to know more about the book, go read it and find out for yourself! I'd recommend it to anyone with at least some intelligence. :)

"That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh. Which is it, I wonder?"
-- (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Gealach

Post by Gealach » Sat Mar 1, 0:42 2003

intellegence? u're looking for that here? hahahahaha

but seriously, that seems like it could be a good read...i just might pick it up :)
"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that." - Lloyd in Say Anything