what's the last food you made?

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

user42

what's the last food you made?

Post by user42 » Thu Jul 9, 20:03 2015

This is a perpetual topic. It won't ever be locked and you can reply to it even if it hasn't had replies in a while.

spacefem

Re: what's the last food you made?

Post by spacefem » Fri Jul 24, 5:59 2015

last night my husband made hamburger helper. pretty awesome.

aside from that i haven't made much of anything. I'm on a salad kick, so that's not really making anything, just cutting up lettuce and throwing annie natural's cowgirl ranch on there. with croutons if I'm feeling exotic.
bork can eat steak with a spoon.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Fri Jul 24, 7:27 2015

The last food I made with an oven was popcorn.

Before that, I had pork chops and sauteed green onions and mushrooms.

DarkOne

Post by DarkOne » Fri Jul 24, 8:06 2015

I sometimes count salads. If i have to cut or measure anything for the salad, I count it as "making it". If it's just pour, dress and eat, I might not count it. Depends on the effort. But it can definitely count.

Last from-scratch meal I made was a practice Cottage Pie. Making the real thing tonight for a buddy who just had a kid. Yeah, it's not savory pie weather at all, but this freezes well and they can easily reheat whenever and they're tired of pasta and he's a meat and 'taters kind of guy (or I'd make them a fabulous wedge salad).
"Winston Churchill once said 'The eyes are the windows of your face.' " -A man who's very scared of plants.

Veggie

Post by Veggie » Fri Jul 24, 10:26 2015

I saw a Buzzfeed two ingredient ice cream thing - it was like, a heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk base. I didn't have either of those things but I did have chocolate syrup, chocolate chips and a tub of Cool Whip, so I mixed that together and froze it. It was basically the same thing. I've been eating on that for like 4 days.
To quote a bible, "The water monster is right, Catman. They are among us."

monk

Post by monk » Fri Jul 24, 15:26 2015

I just made 2 bacon egg & cheese sandwhiches on rye toast.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.
Sonic# wrote:If these opinions don't matter to you at all, then you are unfit for conversation

octarineoboe

Post by octarineoboe » Fri Jul 24, 17:05 2015

Mac and cheese. From the Kraft box, but heavily doctored by adding sauteed onions, peas, roasted cherry tomatoes, scraps from a roasted chicken, and a few cubes of actual cheese: gouda and aged cheddar.

Meperidine

Post by Meperidine » Fri Jul 24, 17:17 2015

Last night I boiled the tortellini for a tasty pasta salad.
:heart: and :spacefem:

Rainbow Dolphins

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Sat Jul 25, 1:50 2015

I made chicken with apricot glaze, roasted asparagus, and roasted potatoes for a small banquet tonight. I also assisted making salmon and pulled pork sliders. The thin little belly pieces of the salmon make great sandwiches.

I will almost always win this game.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!

Nae

Post by Nae » Sat Jul 25, 4:57 2015

Gnarlbanya

Post by Gnarlbanya » Sat Jul 25, 21:21 2015

An awesome breakfast omelette stuffed with sausage, onion, tomato and cheese. Yum.

monk

Post by monk » Sat Jul 25, 22:21 2015

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:I made chicken with apricot glaze, roasted asparagus, and roasted potatoes for a small banquet tonight. I also assisted making salmon and pulled pork sliders. The thin little belly pieces of the salmon make great sandwiches.

I will almost always win this game.

I was going to say "bite me" but on reconsideration I say feed me instead.

tonight I chopped up some New York strips, sauteed them with onion, garlic & pepper. Then mixed that with some tortilla chips and popped it into the microwave after putting a half pound of grated cheddar cheese on top.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.
Sonic# wrote:If these opinions don't matter to you at all, then you are unfit for conversation

Rainbow Dolphins

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Sun Jul 26, 2:55 2015

I did an herb-crusted roast pork loin tonight that turned out excellent. Also eggplant parm, which I happen to be really good at, but I didn't have any, I dislike eggplant. My chicken parm is better, but, those pesky vegetarians.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats

Veggie

Post by Veggie » Tue Jul 28, 19:39 2015

Blue Moon battered fried pickles. Oh my dear sweet Jesus.
To quote a bible, "The water monster is right, Catman. They are among us."

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Tue Jul 28, 19:43 2015

I'm eating a banana chocolate pudding I made. It's basically the easiest thing in the world to make.

Mmm eggplant.. *is a pesky vegetarian*
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Rainbow Dolphins

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Tue Jul 28, 22:38 2015

I am feeding my boss's chickens while he is out of town and he is letting me pick stuff from the garden too. So I made an omelette this morning with squash I had picked and eggs collected less than an hour before, a leftover bratwurst from dinner last night and toast made from bread from the farmer's market.

Gnarlbanya

Post by Gnarlbanya » Wed Jul 29, 0:02 2015

I made profiteroles yesterday. Really delicious and not as hard as I thought they'd be.

Aum

Post by Aum » Wed Jul 29, 1:35 2015

I'm currently eating an avocado, cheese and tomato sandwich on amaranth bread, with salt and pepper.

Simple and tasty.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote to the emptiness of existence. -W.A.

Sassquatch

Post by Sassquatch » Wed Jul 29, 11:59 2015

Aum wrote:I'm currently eating an avocado, cheese and tomato sandwich on amaranth bread, with salt and pepper.

Simple and tasty.
That is one of the best foods ever. My cheese has to be super old/sharp cheddar.

I am currently in the middle of a month-long pantry challenge as I get ready to move. I did some awesome cooking last week, then got tired of it and ate some canned soups and stuff. Now I'm mulling over how best to use up a couple bags of frozen stir-fry veggies and other assorted odds and ends. I found a bag of sweet potato fries and heated some up, so that's the last thing I cooked.

I'm currently making bread.

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Tue Aug 4, 5:36 2015

I made macaroni cheese last night. Self-made cheesesauce is simply delightful. And I am awesome at it. Breakfast was the same thing :)
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Charli!

Post by Charli! » Tue Aug 4, 15:31 2015

Meringue! Cos I have lots of eggs to use. I did intend to use the yolks to then make an awesome omelette- but had a minor accident (there's currently two bicycles and a load of scaffolding stuff stored in the kitchen).. and the egg yolks went on the floor. so I had cheese on crackers for dinner, but that doesn't really count as making anything... all I did was stack the cheese on the crackers.

Sonic#

Post by Sonic# » Tue Aug 4, 15:53 2015

Steak! I used a nitro stout as marinade to see how it'd work. I also cooked half of the steak without marinade to compare. It worked well, tenderizing the meat some while highlighting the existing flavors. They ended up medium rare.

ladyhawk

Post by ladyhawk » Tue Aug 4, 16:13 2015

I made chili and cornbread. The chili wasn't as good as it usually is, since I usually use canned pumpkin to thicken it up and realized too late that I was out, but it was still tasty. The cornbread (sweet honey cornbread) was delicious as usual.
Come, Maurice. What's a simple bite on the buttocks among friends? Here -- give me a nibble!

Rainbow Dolphins

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Wed Aug 5, 1:04 2015

^I have never heard of using pumpkin puree in chili! Chili is not my forte, it's a skill I would like to work on.

Zeph

Post by Zeph » Wed Aug 5, 14:40 2015

It depresses me that I don't remember...