New Album (sort of)

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

Storage and Disposal

New Album (sort of)

Post by Storage and Disposal » Sat Jul 25, 22:36 2015

http://meetthesquidables.bandcamp.com/a ... lification

This is basically a summary of things we've recorded that we're most proud of. I picked four songs written by Jacob that I'm most impressed by, then Jacob picked four songs I've written. After this, I picked four of my songs that he didn't list and he picked four of his own. One of his songs bookends the CD and I threw on a Grindcore track meant for a Grindcore comp that was never released. I also thought it'd be funny to have a random Grindcore track thrown in the middle of our typical arty rock/folk tracks.

I plan on mailing a copy of this CD to random people. Some will be people who are involved with music, some will be random people I pick out of a phone book. I'd like to get a label maker first, but who knows how long that'll take.

It's called The Squidables Meet the Fragments of Exemplification. For some reason, I thought it'd be funny to have "sample disc" phrased in the most pretentious way I could think of.

As always, it's free to download or you could just stream it. Enjoy!
"He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world." - Dr. Mungmung

Bork

Re: New Album (sort of)

Post by Bork » Mon Aug 3, 9:45 2015

Ahhhhhhh I keep forgetting to listen to this when I'm at home!!
Bork is too lazy to bother thinking up a witty signature. :polarbear:

Storage and Disposal

Post by Storage and Disposal » Wed Aug 5, 10:27 2015

No one has listened to it, so if you hurry you'll be the only one whose heard it outside of the band. Not even RD has heard it, haha.
"He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world." - Dr. Mungmung

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Wed Aug 5, 17:08 2015

Nice. I like disappear a lot. Would it be weird to describe it as postal service meets barenaked ladies?
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Storage and Disposal

Post by Storage and Disposal » Thu Aug 6, 12:16 2015

I'm not hearing Barenaked Ladies (though I haven't heard of lot of their stuff. Just a bit, maybe I should listen to more?), but I can definitely hear Postal Service. I'm unintentionally drawn to their type of sound, it seems. I recorded an album once thinking I came up with some unique drums on it until a friend said it sounded like Postal Service. I hadn't listened to Postal Service before then but yeah, they were right, haha.

Glad you like it! I wasn't actually that big of a fan after I recorded it, but my bandmate said it was his favorite track off the album it was originally on, so I added it. It's slowly growing on me.

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Fri Aug 7, 7:56 2015

I think it's the casual silliness mixed in which makes me say barenaked ladies. :)
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Storage and Disposal

Post by Storage and Disposal » Fri Aug 7, 15:03 2015

Oh yeah, I can see that.