what art are you making?

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

Neko

Re: what art are you making?

Post by Neko » Sun Jun 19, 22:55 2016

Awesome beads and prints, you guys!

I've been crocheting dishcloths and gifting them to friends. I found this pattern while watching knitting videos. It's really easy to pick up and they look snazzy. They don't take long to make--even faster if you decide to only use one color. I can hammer one out in about an hour.
:sun: The future's bright, Lit up with nowhere to go :earth:

rowan

Post by rowan » Tue Jun 21, 19:49 2016

I started spinning yarn? Though I don't know how to knit or anything so it's like half of a make things...

Charli! I'm still following your etsy store I think, if you ever post anything up ;)

Those prints are neat, I know nothing about that technique
spacefem wrote:All your logical argue are belong to us!

Nachos

Post by Nachos » Mon Jun 27, 4:30 2016

I made a confetti bowl and a unicorn pinata! Pictures to follow.
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Rainbow Dolphins

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Tue Jun 28, 0:07 2016

I made this jewelry for my wedding:

Amethyst, glass and pewter beads. The pendants are agate.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!

cwbyrvr

Post by cwbyrvr » Thu Jun 30, 23:01 2016

Oh my God that is awesome, RD! So pretty.
spacefem wrote:incidently, hearing "i love you" doesn't count if you're naked. it's just too easy to love a naked person.
Rainbow Dolphins wrote:My armpits are the only area of my body that almost always stays clean-shaven, because if I let it go I feel like a 15-year-old boy trying to grow a beard. In my armpits.

geldofc

Post by geldofc » Sat Jul 2, 2:39 2016

I'm starting to learn ruby on rails which feels artistic. I will get good at computer languageeeeeeeart :watermelon: :watermelon:
:gf: :devil: :syringe:

filmmakingally

Post by filmmakingally » Sun Sep 18, 2:00 2016

Uh, that's actually the entire reason I'm here. I'm doing research for a screenplay that I'm working on. I'll be shooting the movie myself, on a tiny budget.

As you can imagine, the movie promotes feminism, LGBT+ rights specifically. But our hero's best friend is a feminist, so I need to know the lingo and what type of beliefs are popular within the feminist movement these days. In addition to that, I'm interested in just figuring out how to be a better feminist myself, though my primary reason for being here is the movie.

Mods -- am I allowed to promote the movie here? At a different website I got in trouble for promoting it, cuz they don't allow promotion of commercial products. I'm not sure where to draw the line between just talking about something that is very much a project of passion, vs. outright promoting a commercial product.

Rainbow Dolphins

Post by Rainbow Dolphins » Sun Sep 18, 20:10 2016

filmmakingally wrote:Mods -- am I allowed to promote the movie here? At a different website I got in trouble for promoting it, cuz they don't allow promotion of commercial products. I'm not sure where to draw the line between just talking about something that is very much a project of passion, vs. outright promoting a commercial product.
If you would like to share information about a movie project you are working on in here or, better yet, start a new thread about it, that's fine. I am sure there are people here that would be interested in what you are doing. As long as you are not asking for money, please feel free to share any of your art projects or start a discussion about them.
"Everything's gonna be OK soon, maybe tomorrow- maybe the next day." -the Mountain Goats
:chainsaw:!

filmmakingally

Post by filmmakingally » Mon Sep 19, 1:16 2016

Rainbow Dolphins wrote:
filmmakingally wrote:Mods -- am I allowed to promote the movie here? At a different website I got in trouble for promoting it, cuz they don't allow promotion of commercial products. I'm not sure where to draw the line between just talking about something that is very much a project of passion, vs. outright promoting a commercial product.
If you would like to share information about a movie project you are working on in here or, better yet, start a new thread about it, that's fine. I am sure there are people here that would be interested in what you are doing. As long as you are not asking for money, please feel free to share any of your art projects or start a discussion about them.
Cool, thanks for the advice! No, I won't be asking for money. I'm just doing research. I want to make sure that my lead characters feel real to the people whom they most closely are supposed to represent. I'll definitely post something in the future.

Roxygirl40

Post by Roxygirl40 » Sat Nov 26, 22:46 2016

I've just joined Rock Your Hand Writing Challenge on Facebook. I always wanted to be part of a Challenge of some sort and I found one. This one is about what my name means. I didn't post it on here but you can see it on my Facebook wall. https://www.facebook.com/roxane.levac :canada:. The next one ? I'm not sure I can post it. No one can really see it when someone posts an image can they? Besides this I'm not doing much.:snow:

kitkatkar

Post by kitkatkar » Tue Nov 29, 14:32 2016

Drawing a Greek sculpture :D

Neko

Post by Neko » Thu Dec 8, 23:58 2016

At first glance, I read the title of this thread as "what art thou making?" I snerked.

Crocheting scarves because they're easy and it's cold out, yo. At least one of them will be a giftmas present. It's some soft and pretty color changing yarn.

Meperidine

Post by Meperidine » Fri Dec 9, 14:38 2016

I am working on a painting of my aunt's pet parrot to give her for Xmas. It is rather blobby right now but recognizably a parrot.
:heart: and :spacefem:

felipefs

Post by felipefs » Sun Feb 12, 17:17 2017

Trying a comicish style... that might result in a comic.

Galen

Post by Galen » Mon Feb 13, 7:56 2017

Stencils! For a local plasterer/artist. I'm the artist behind the artist, lol.

Edited to add:
Hm, that's weird. Okay, so apparently I don't know how to attach/upload images. TRUST ME, THEY'RE AWESOME THOUGH

Neko

Post by Neko » Mon Feb 13, 17:32 2017

^ Attaching images won't work. I think we've been maxed out for a while. So you'll have to use a third party image hosting site, like imgur.

rinn

Post by rinn » Mon Feb 20, 13:28 2017

I've been trying to be consistent with my art journaling. I'd post images, but I'm too lazy to put them up on an image site right now.okay, I'm gonna see if this works. here! not exactly an image hosting site though.