happy 40th, rocky horror picture show!

Creativity, DIY, reviews, art, gaming and entertainment

Moderators: Neko, Rainbow Dolphins

spacefem

happy 40th, rocky horror picture show!

Post by spacefem » Sat Sep 19, 6:43 2015

The Rocky Horrow Picture Show starring Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Richard O'Brien and other awesomeness was released September 25, 1975... yup, 40th anniversary is approaching!

We at spacefem have a special relationship with rhps - not sure who here is still around from the austin meetup where we all hit it at midnight, but it was a hell of a time.

I've been making memes in celebrating and uploading them to my new pinboard:

https://www.pinterest.com/spacefem/rock ... ture-show/

who else here loves rocky horror?
bork can eat steak with a spoon.

Nachos

Re: happy 40th, rocky horror picture show!

Post by Nachos » Sat Sep 19, 12:21 2015

I watched the live stream of the theatre show from London on Thursday. It was epic!
Ugh, I'm tired of my signature.

Meperidine

Post by Meperidine » Sat Sep 19, 12:44 2015

Oh right, because it was the 35th when I was doing my first shows...

I saw it when I was 17 and got into the shadowcast culture in the months that followed. We put a very janky production together at school.

Yeah I duct taped that corset top onto my boobs. Never again.

I pretty much outgrew the Rocky culture (people tend to either move on after they're 20 or so, or keep doing it into old age), but I have at least one or two friends still doing it and I remain fond of the thing. Fan culture is a fascination and fondness for me and this is one of the wildest examples ever.
:heart: and :spacefem:

Storage and Disposal

Post by Storage and Disposal » Sat Sep 19, 17:42 2015

^looks great.

I really like some of the movie. I love Tim Curry and some of the songs, but the movie itself doesn't really amuse me even in a bad, self aware way. The movie kind of sucks as a whole. It's a good time if I'm pretty drunk and in a social setting, but I have to be pretty drunk.
"He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world." - Dr. Mungmung

monk

Post by monk » Sat Sep 19, 22:33 2015

I'm with strg, I like a bunch of the songs and Tim Curry is epic but it really needs the right people+alcohol to be enjoyable. I am glad it still exists as a thing and hope it continues to do so.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage? - Pink Floyd.
Sonic# wrote:If these opinions don't matter to you at all, then you are unfit for conversation