Home
Pitch Perfect 2

Worst:
Pixels
Ted 2
Minions
Terminator 2
Strange Magic
Last edited by Unvoiced_Apollo on Sun Dec 20, 13:54 2015, edited 3 times in total.

Nech

Re: Best & Worst movies of 2015

Post by Nech » Fri Dec 4, 8:40 2015

What's the criteria for this list? Or is it just your enjoyment of what you've seen? (Don't forget, Star Wars is also this year :) )
Where there's smoke, there's fire. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So just shut up, and bring some water.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Re Your: Best & Worst movies of 2015

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Fri Dec 4, 14:03 2015

Nech wrote:What's the criteria for this list? Or is it just your enjoyment of what you've seen? (Don't forget, Star Wars is also this year :) )
A combination of my enjoyment and critic responses.

I should have added "subject to change"

I changed the title as I meant for everyone to put their own.

Also, I thought I was in "Mixed Media" when I posted. If mods would care to move it, I'd appreciate it.

Enigma

Re: Your Best & Worst movies of 2015

Post by Enigma » Fri Dec 4, 20:41 2015

Moved! :)

My best were:
Mad Max
Birdman (I know this is last year but I only saw it this year and it feels like it should be on the list)

Really good, not mindblowing:
Avengers: Age of Ultron (This franchise is slowly reeling me in)
Z for Zachariah

Meh:
Jurassic World
Mission Impossible

I did not see many new movies this year..
"Human beings are amazing... we might be horrible, horrible, but we're wonderful too. Otherwise, why go on?"

Storage and Disposal

Post by Storage and Disposal » Fri Dec 4, 21:24 2015

You saw Pixels? I imagine you've witnessed a horror far beyond any exploitation film.

I actually don't watch new movies much now that I can't for free. Mad Max was pretty entertaining, but not as good as I'd hoped. Still, probably the best I've seen so far this year. Jurassic World wasn't amazing, but still better than I anticipated. Age of Ultron was all right. The new Terminator movie was laughably bad. It's by far the worst new movie I've seen. I feel like I saw a few others, but this might be it.
"He weeps for he has but one small tongue with which to taste an entire world." - Dr. Mungmung

antfancier

Post by antfancier » Fri Dec 4, 23:13 2015

I saw lots of movies this year, but not many of them were actually new. Of those released in 2015, I really enjoyed: Mad Max, Ex Machina, A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night (probably became one of my favorite movies) and Kingsman. I didn't go to see any really terrible movies, although I watched plenty on tv. I'm excited for Star Wars and The Hateful Eight.

spacefem

Post by spacefem » Sat Dec 5, 9:11 2015

dammit I was going to nominate "How To Train Your Dragon 2" as the worst movie of 2015, but turns out it's 2014. Just takes me a while to see movies. But seriously you guys it was awful.

In 2016 there's a new Melissa McCarthy movie coming out that looks HYSTERICAL, I can't wait!

I guess I just can't deal with 2015. I will agree that Inside Out is a favorite forever.
bork can eat steak with a spoon.

octarineoboe

Post by octarineoboe » Sat Dec 5, 10:05 2015

I don't have an overall "best/worst" list, but I do have to nominate Pitch Perfect 2 as "most exceeded expectations." The first one was, I thought, really silly and not that funny and I couldn't get behind Anna Kendrick's character at all, and besides, you do, in fact, have to rehearse, people! So I expected more of the same, and the second one was much better than I expected. I mean, yeah, they still sang perfectly with no rehearsal, and they kept telling instead of showing us how "good" Beka was at arranging music, but it was funny, the music was pretty good, stupid romantic drama was minimized in favor of the relationship dynamics within the Bellas, and I loved the ending because my a cappella group are my best friends so of course the group of them all supporting each other got to me in a good way. I also really liked how the song the new girl wrote - the one they sing at the championship - was not that great a song but it did sound like something an eighteen-year-old would write.

Unvoiced_Apollo

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo » Sat Dec 5, 14:47 2015

Storage and Disposal wrote:You saw Pixels? I imagine you've witnessed a horror far beyond any exploitation film.

I actually don't watch new movies much now that I can't for free. Mad Max was pretty entertaining, but not as good as I'd hoped. Still, probably the best I've seen so far this year. Jurassic World wasn't amazing, but still better than I anticipated. Age of Ultron was all right. The new Terminator movie was laughably bad. It's by far the worst new movie I've seen. I feel like I saw a few others, but this might be it.
Any in the below average & worst were by rental. I forgot I saw Terminator.

As for Pixels, It wasn't close to Adam Sandler's worst, but he once again plays the same damned character in the same damned movie. Which I think is what really hurts Hotel Transylvania (1&2) in terms of reviews. I think they're pretty good kids' movies (vs family movies), but because of his reputation with live action, critics act like they're the worst thing in cinema.

Nerd1987

Post by Nerd1987 » Wed Dec 23, 23:37 2015

That kingsman movie made me scratch my head. I don't know what kind of response they were trying to illicit from the viewer. I felt like it was like a Charley and the chocolate factory for teens.